Tokyo Disney help

I see our Tokyo website experiences are similar! :sob:

For us, 3 sit down meals each day was way too much time commitment! I thought lunch and dinner was optional? Or perhaps you wanted them?

This was one of the selling points for me!

1 Like

Yes lunch or dinner your right. We have dinner day1, lunch day2 and dinner day3

1 Like

Yes to all this. We do plan on being at the gate at least 1hr 15min before park open.

Lots of great info on your planning thread, it will take some time for me to check it all out.

3 Likes

After reading through the info about Vacation Packages, I have come to the executive decision that when dh and I go to Japan and the Tokyo Disney parks, I will be throwing all the money at any package available to decrease my stress :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Did you have a vacation package? If so, I was wondering if you tried to buy an extra park ticket on any of your days. On the website it specifically says you can not buy another ticket at the hotel other than what you already have with your package.

We have 1 day in TDL and 2 in TDS. Our day in TDL will only be a half day cause DW has to work, then we have to travel from Tokyo. I would like to go to both on our last day to get more time in TDL.

2 Likes

This is important and the main reason we got the package.

2 Likes

Yes we did have a package and it came with “premier access” passes for each day. Some of the timed entry and some of them use whenever on whatever in this list of things. It did not come with meals but I did book them thru the site earlier because of the hotel stay. We also had two nights/three days package and I added a hotel night in the same class of room and they let us keep our rooms.

WRT to buying an extra ticket. I did attempt to buy an extra ticket so I could park hop and while my Chase Disney card worked to book the package it did NOT work to buy an extra ticket. I didn’t see a note about not being able to buy passes at the hotel beyond what the package came with but if it says that now then that leaves Klook I believe it’s called. It’s a third party site deemed safe everywhere I could find.

But personally we decided to just not park hop and I worked us into two full days at DisneySea and one full day at Disneyland. In retrospect we wrapped up DisneySea midafternoon on our 2nd day and took a break and came back for dinner and rerides but it would have been better to go back to Disneyland that afternoon as we didn’t get to everything there. Though what we didn’t get to there wasn’t a huge list. But with a half day there I can see you wanting to go back for sure.

2 Likes

I believe you just have to buy a separate ticket. I’ve heard good things about Klook for ticket only purchase.

4 Likes

Some other things I learned there with respect to whatever they call the free fastpass system now. You can get another pass when your window opens (not as in America, when you tap in). In addition, shows and rides are in different buckets when it comes to paid Premier Access so you can book both at the same time. So when I came into DisneySea at rope drop (on the day we did not have Happy Entry cuz you didn’t get that on your first day). I was able to get on my phone as soon as we all tapped in and secure us a paid Premier Access ride, a paid Premier Access show (Believe!), and TWO free fastpasses because one was immediately available. So try again if this happens to you to too. Also make sure to try for any show lotteries at this time as well.

In summation, as soon you enter the park do these four-five things on your phone

1. Buy Premier Access for Believe! if you want it. (and in Disneyland Harmony in Color Parade or Electrical Parade)
  2. Buy Premier Access for any of those rides (which at the time were Soarin, ToT, TSM, Journey and Indy I believe for DisneySea and BatB, Splash Mountain and Baymax for DL).
  3. Book a Free fastpass to a ride that has immediate availability
  4. Book another fastpass (just googled this it’s called a Priority Pass and that’s not too similar to Premier Pass at all…come on guys!) for something later.
  5. Enter the show lottery for a Big Band Beat in DisneySea or Mickey’s Magical Musical World and/or Club Mouse Beat in Disneyland (if you don’t get it, you can’t enter again for a different time so just plan to go to the first show of the day at least 30 min early as this one doesn’t use the lottery and its first come first serve but in Disneyland you can enter the lottery for both show offerings so if you don’t get one, it does not mean you won’t get the other).

*Also, if you’re staying at Mira Costa you cannot use the secret entrance for Happy Entry or first thing in the morning. It opens at like 10 or 11am from what I recall. So it’s great for rentry later in the day and to leave but it defeats the benefit to avoid the long lines into DisneySea. So get there really early even for Happy Entry because we used the entire Happy Entry on our 2nd day there just getting thru the line and by the time we got in, they were letting in non hotel guests.

Oh yeah, I believe the wait time between being able to buy another Premier Access show or Premier Access Ride was 1 hour whereas the time between the free Priority Pass was 2 hours and again you can book when your window opens, NOT when you tap in. So set those phone alarms based on that. In Disneyland we were able to buy Premier Access for both parades an hour out and got first row for the daytime parade (Harmony in Color) and 2nd row which was still fantastic seating for the 2nd parade an hour later.

4 Likes

They also offer “evening only” tickets, which might make sense for park hopping.

4 Likes

WRT to Table Service since you got those with your package.
Since we only had the one day in Disneyland and they didn’t have the dining shows we just did quick service in Disneyland and I was very happy with both our choices. We did lunch at China Voyager (Ramen) and this was very good. We did dinner at Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall and I loved this place. My hubby didn’t want that and wanted Katsu so he and his mother ate at Hungry Bear Restaurant and they both said it was also good.

In DisneySea we did do Table Service and while Magellan’s was good, I wouldn’t prolly eat there again. I might eat again at Ristorante di Canaletto though. Those were our two dinners. For lunches we did Cape Cod Cook-Off for the Duffy show which the food was decent (better than I expected) but I wouldn’t eat there again either really. And the show was cute but childish. We had drinks in Teddy Roosevelt Lounge and this I would recommend. Go to Japan and have drinks in a bar named for an American President, it makes perfect sense :wink: Our other lunch was Casbah Food Court and while it’s gorgeous it was my least favorite foodwise. We also tried popcorn and it’s good but I don’t get the obsession. It’s just popcorn with flavoring. Nothing to write home about imho. I’ve had better popcorn.

Another note is that food booths have the one and only thing they advertise. So don’t expect to be able to get a drink with your popcorn or churro for example. For that you’ll have to use the drink machines which are adorable.

4 Likes

Oh yeah wrt to hotel dining since we were in MiraCosta we got breakfast daily at the buffet in Oceano. Most everything including juice is easy access at the buffet. However, tea and coffee they guard like gold. Only YOUR specific waiter can bring you these things and they come in very very small cups. Maybe just ask for two right off the top. Because it can be hard to find or grab your server’s attention later. Or come very early and sit and relax.

And I say this as a person who both LOVES British tea and Dim Sum (or the Hong Kong version with the soup dumplings and buns, etc.). Do NOT do Tea Time at Silk Road Garden unless you like jellied things including jellied seaweed and jellied fish, etc. It’s very very weird. Even in China I didn’t ever get offered tea like that.

3 Likes

yes, I did read this

So does this mean I can do an attraction AND Electrical Parade?

Yeah, I keep mixing them up

1 Like

YES! for the paid premier access you can book both a show (aka a parade in Disneyland) and a ride (aka BatB, Splash or Baymax) in Disneyland upon entry. An hour later you could book the 2nd parade and a 2nd ride. And hour later you could book the last ride.

*Or you can book the next parade or ride when your pass is good. So in the case of say you got in and booked an immediately available BatB you could technically book another Premier Access ride immediately. Same for the parade since you’re getting there in the PM. If there was anything left for Harmony in Color at that time and you immediately entered your return time to the area, it sounds like you could then book Electrical parade right away.

And you can rebuy the same ride so you can ride BatB multiple times. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m on the site now as I’m curious if they had added rides/shows. Looks like Disneyland has a projection mapping show they’ve added to the list of available Paid Premier Access Shows and it looks like Fantasy Springs ride for Rapunzel is on the list of paid access, as in Anna & Elsa’s Frozen Journey and Peter Pan’s Never Land Adventure. This is fantastic news! I’d soooooo be buying those. It looks like Indy is not on that list but Soaring, TSM, ToT and Journey to the Center of the Earth are. I’m guessing Indy is part of the free priority pass system now then. Believe is the only show in DisneySea you can buy.

2 Likes

BTW b/w Soaring and TSM I’d choose Soaring if you’re gonna pay for one we have back home because the entire theming/queue is madly different and stunningly gorgeous, the preshow is completely different and much much better and of course the finale is different being you end up in Tokyo DisneySea. TSM the only thing that’s outrageously different is the entry way which you can see just by passing by. It is adorable though so make sure to walk by.

1 Like

Follow TDR Explorer on YouTube and Instagram. He’s a wealth of information! And his guidebooks are excellent!

3 Likes

Here are the free Priority Pass Attractions:

Disneyland

1. Space Mountain (newly redone)
  2. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (a clone of ours and in Japanese)
  3. Big Thunder Mountain
  4. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  5. Haunted Mansion
  6. Pooh’s Hunny Hunt (Do NOT Miss)
  7. Monster’s Inc. Ride & Go Seek (Do NOT Miss)

DisneySea:

1. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull (Do NOT Miss)
  2. Raging Spirits
  3. The Magic Lamp Theater
  4. Nemo & Friends SeaRider
  5. Aquatopia
  6. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Do NOT Miss)
  7. Turtle Talk
3 Likes

The beauty of the package is it includes unlimited premier pass for all 3 of these, all day.

yes it is

Already have both booked

3 Likes

NICE! How many Premier Access passes came with the package. I could only do three a day last year.

2 Likes