Tokyo Disney help

Hey everyone. Just found out DW has to go to Tokyo the 3rd week of October for work and I am going to tag along. She has been to Tokyo before but I have not. I will most likely tour around the city while she is working during the week and it looks like we will have Friday and Saturday in Tokyo Disney.

Would love any tips or tricks from anyone that has been. Just starting to study the website and App. Right now it is confusing and will take me a while to figure out. I am so excited, this is definitely a bucket list item for us.

11 Likes

I don’t have any tips for you but I will want to hear all of yours! We are going to go in 2025 or 2026 :grin:

5 Likes

Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll rack my brain from last year. I also have a trip report out there… Kawaii to Hawaii: Universal Japan, ABD Japan, Tokyo Disneyland, Club Med Hokkaido, & Aulani - A Trip Report - Non-Disney Parks - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

2 Likes

I recommend this: TDR Explorer • Travel for Theme Park Fans as well for more up to date details. Also, I’m jelly you’ll get to see Fantasy Springs maybe.

4 Likes

Nice, hopefully I will be able to help

5 Likes

Thanks so much, I don’t know what to ask yet but I am sure the questions will be coming.

Will check this out. Fantasy springs looks so awesome, that and Beauty and the Beast are must do

3 Likes

I’m of no help, but I’m excited for you!!

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Thoughts You Have Watching HGTV

Also, I guess Tokyo is next on my bucket list based on your history of prediction

4 Likes

I agree. Your must dos should include:

Disneyland:
BatB
Pooh
Monsters Inc
a Parade (the nighttime one is the better of the two but marginally. they are both insanely amazing compared to US parades so even if parades aren’t your thing…as they aren’t mine. Highly highly recommend. Buy the Premier Package so you don’t have to worry about holding a spot and you’ll get a front row seat right in the hub. Quite literally everyone sits. And you can arrive right before and your spot will be there).

DisneySea
Journey to the Center of the Earth
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Indiana Jones
Sinbad
Walk thru the Little Mermaid Area especially the playground, I mean even if you’re only adults, stunning
ToT
Walk around the giant ship America or eat a meal/get a bar rezzie there at Teddy’s
Fantasy Springs (from watching online videos I’d prioritize Frozen, Rapunzel and Pan and skip Tinker Belle unless you have lots of extra time)

If you have time catch the electric railway one direction and the ride the boat all the way around the lagoon and ride Nemo Searider and the Gondolas. Make sure you just spend time exploring the lands.

5 Likes

Last I checked you cannot park hop in the typical fashion unless it’s been brought back. But if not you can if you want to throw money at it buy a single park ticket for both parks on one day. Personally, if I were you this is what I’d do. I’d go one morning to Disneyland for BatB, Pooh and Monsters, Inc and then head to DisneySea and then come back for the nighttime parade. The other day I’d just buy a single ticket for DisneySea and rope drop it till close.

*Oh yeah, do walk thru Adventureland though in Disneyland. Pirates is the same as the Cali version and the Jungle Cruise is a slighty updated version with some special effects if you have time for an additional Disneyland ride. But I thought Adventureland was stunning here. Toontown is very very similar to Disneyland’s old one and Fantasyland is also very similar to Disneyland. The one unique attraction here is the Castle WalkThru but I was very unimpressed (However, if you ever go to Shanghai, walk thru that castle.). So you can really skip all of these rides if you’ve done Disneyland. Small World is different from the outside and of course the final farewell scene. But not worth it on a time crunch. If you’re nostalgic for old Splash Mountain this is the last place it remains, and it’s extremely well kept up.

2 Likes

Lol, you did beat me to V&A though.

3 Likes

Yes absolutely going to buy the premier for Electric Light parade.
Pooh and MI, got it. I plan on focusing on attractions that are not available here first. Going to buy Disney Sea the first day then will buy tickets for both parks the second day since there are no parkhoppers and tickets are not that much

These were all on my list. Not sure if the Fantasy Springs attractions have the option to buy the premier pass yet but those will be first priority

Love this idea, something I am sure I would not have thought of. Hoping time allows.

I do remember your TR. I need to re-read it

1 Like

Thanks for all of this

3 Likes

Unique:

In DisneySea:
Venetian Gondolas
ToT (I call this one completely unique cuz it’s a completely different interior, exterior and storyline. The only part that is the same is the dropping)
Electric Railway
Big Band Beat Show (add this to your do not miss list. If you can’t get the lottery at the beginning of the day, catch the first show as it doesn’t have a lottery, so you have a better shot of getting in.)
DisneySea Transit Steamer Line
Fortress Explorations (walk thru the fortress for sure but the game is probably skippable given its only in Japanese, we skipped it)
DisneySea Electric Railway
Aquatopia (which is fun but not worth a wait on a tight schedule)
Nemo & Friends SeaRider (cute for sure but not on my must list personally)
Indiana Jones Adventure (sort of, it’s really a clone of Disneyland’s and not as good but it has different visual elements)
Raging Spirts (I thought this was better than advertised but we also rode it with a “fastpass” and I wouldn’t wait long for it)
Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Journey (this looks to be the best of the new Fantasy Springs rides and much better than our version)
Rapunzel’s Lantern Festival (it looked too short but amazing in display for how long it did last)
Peter Pan’s Never Land Adventure (also looks like a not to be missed)
Fairy Tinker Bell’s Busy Buggies (looks like Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train if you ever rode that in Disneyland. In other words, cute, but I wouldn’t waste time on a long line)
Caravan Carousel (we did do this as it had ZERO line and we rode on top of course)
Sinbad’s Storybook Voyage (I loved this ride)
The Magic Lamp Theater (it’s okay but it’s not fantastic and most of it is in Japanese but you get the gist)
Ariel’s Playground (DO NOT MISS, it’s not a real playground. It’s the literal story of Ariel and it’s huge with so many rooms to explore and neat effects like in Ursula’s Lair)
Scuttle’s Scooters (a kiddie ride but it was fun actually)
Flounder’s Flying Fish Coaster (skip it)
Blowfish Ballon Race (which is just Emotional Whirlwind)
The Whirlpool (which is like the dinky tea cups they used to have in Bug’s Land)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Do Not Miss)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (Ride Twice, this was my favorite ride in the park)

The fireworks look ridiculous. In a bad way. Do Not go out of your way for them. We are spoiled with WDW fireworks.
Believe! Sea of Dreams was okay to me. I think Fantasmic is better and was disappointed they changed it but prolly worth it for your trip on your 2nd night. We bought the Premier Access and showed up last minute and had to stand in the back of our area which was standing room only.

We skipped Jamboree Mickey as I watched it on youtube and it’s a tiny kids show but we did see
Duffy and Friends’ Wonderful Friendship for lunch and I thought it was cute but it’s skippable as adults only.

Disneyland
Unique:
Jungle Cruise (has elements that are upgraded and unique)
Tiki Room with Stitch (We didn’t see it because it’s reviews are meh and I’m not a huge tiki bird fan anyways but it is a unique version of it)
Country Bear Theater (is the longer version from the original incarnation and during certain times of year, Christmas and Summer, they have a different version like Disneyland used to but we skipped this too
Cinderella’s Fairy Tale Hall (I just wasn’t impressed. some cute dioramas but nothing special really but if you have time it is completely unique)
BatB (the best ride in the park)
Pooh’s Hunny Hunt (OMG the best Pooh ever!!! very very different than anything we have stateside or in China)
Stitch Encounter (but I’d personally aim to see this in Paris in the English version as I didn’t do this here but I did it in Shanghai and I didn’t understand a word)
I think they ridid it so it might be different so maybe worth a go for Space Mountain
The Happy Ride with Baymax (but this is just ASS)
Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek! (Do NOT miss, so cute. better than our Disneyland version with the flashlights)

Disney Harmony in Color (was absolutely fantastic)
Electrical Parade (DO NOT MISS)
same fireworks here as in the other park and they are just fireworks and only 5 min long. I’d just see 'em if I saw 'em personally.
It wasn’t open yet so I didn’t get to do the lunch/dinner shows like Mickey’s Rainbow Luau or The Diamond Variety Muster but I probably would have aimed to do one of 'em if I could. I think I was leaning Luau.
Mickey’s Magical Music World (cute, we didn’t win the lottery so got there about 30 min before the first show but in a tight schedule Big Band Beat is the only non-meal show I’d take time out of my day for)
Club Mouse Beat (I didn’t see it as it looked less interesting to me than Mickey’s Magical Music World and I chose to just do one show on my one day in Disneyland)

5 Likes

You’re gonna beat me there by 6 weeks! I was gonna start a planning thread because we just bought a Tokyo Disney Vacation Package. I learned a lot. And yes, the website is super slow and incredibly confusing!

2 Likes

Wow, this is perfect

3 Likes

We just bought one, took 3 hours. I will never complain aboutbthe WDW website again, ok I probably will. The only thing available was the attraction plus. It includes breakfast and lunch or dinner. The whole thing is pricey but unlimited access to Fantasy Springs is awesome. Also already have premier access for BotB.

Freling so much less pressure now.

5 Likes

After a few of the trip reports, we started a planning thread

Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneysea Planning ToolsTokyo Disney Resort, Disneysea Planning Tools

If you find any great resources, can you add them in as well :grinning:

It was fabulous, so I’m sure you will have a great time…

3 Likes

I actually found that with our liner skills, it wasn’t too bad. A friend of my DH was at the parks a day after us, and rode 2 rides ( and star tours was one!). We rode everything we wanted, and got BATB 4 times in two days….

It’s the standard stuff we know well - rope drop, set your priority order, alarm on each new booking window. If you have the vacation package, you are ahead on all the big rides anyway.

3 Likes