Tiffins — for the record

I just had lunch at Tiffins. Snagged the reservation about an hour in advance: they’re not difficult to get.

The whole experience has been flawless. Honestly — I’ve enjoyed it more than I enjoyed V&A. The server hit exactly the right note: friendly without being fawning, enthusiastic and helpful. The food was full of wonderful flavours. I’m so difficult to please and so often disappointed but this was truly spectacular.

24 Likes

Tiffins is our favorite TS – glad you loved it!

3 Likes

I am glad you enjoyed I have never been disappointed in Tiffins and I believe they have some of the best servers in the world. I sent am email after my February meal- the service was amazing!

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it. We love it too and I agree the service has been outstanding.

2 Likes

The main in-charge guy came over and I said my server had been really excellent. He said he was traumatised because the server is moving to SWGE.

4 Likes

Oh no!

2 Likes

Yeah, kind of a waste.

1 Like

What would he do? Work on the Cantina? Makes no sense.

1 Like

Wow looks wonderful

2 Likes

perfection! happy to hear you had such a great experience!

2 Likes

Maybe getting into a character role?

1 Like

I remember when Tiffins first opened some of the best servers worked there but there were no customers . I thought Tiffins was doing better (in February I saw them turning people away). I thought a server at a signature restaurant were one of the best paying positions?

3 Likes

probably is. I guess I just assumed most CMs wanted to get into character roles, but that’s probably very wrong.

1 Like

It might be right. The only time I ever had to be a character was at a school fair. Almost every kid punched or kicked me trying to get a response.

2 Likes

I recall hearing about a possible table service opening at the hotel.

Tiffins was my favorite restaurant from our last trip. Although I noticed they no longer have the pork belly ramen on the menu.

Maybe he is getting a managerial position.

yay. glad you enjoyed it

1 Like

Fantastic! I tried on our last two trips to go but it ended up not working out for a variety of reasons (our trip was cut short the first time due to Irma so ended up without additional time at AK that I thought we’d have to go there) and the last time we tried a couple of times and my kids (and their ability to deal) were not boding well so we ended up missing out. Really hoping I finally make it there on my next trip!

I’m really glad to hear this. I have recently read posts (here and elsewhere) that Tiffins “wasn’t as good as it was when it opened” - not an uncommon issue with new restaurants. It was going to be my number one “must do” ADR for my now-cancelled December trip; It probably stll will be whenever my next trip might occur…