Tiffins — for the record

Excellent! Thank you for the review.

We ate there twice last year and really enjoyed both meals. It was the only place we ate at multiple times, the 2nd I booked day of while on the Safari. I haven’t booked one for this year’s trip, but am presuming we’ll be able to walk in if it fits our schedule…

Nope. The cash cows for servers are character meals and high-volume in-park restaurants like Be Our Guest. I know two servers who gave up Victoria and Albert’s to move to Be Our Guest when it opened, and a truly outstanding server who left Flying Fish for 'Ohana. When I ran into the latter outside the bubble some months later, I asked him, in effect, if he’d lost his mind to move to the 'Ohana character breakfast. He replied (in so many words) that he made twice the money and was home by noon every day.

I’ve been in the Flying Fish when it was the two bartenders and me, and maybe three tables. 'Ohana looks like the last plane out of Saigon every day, with every seat, what, $40? Plus quick turnover. I believe the kids call that the long green.

4 Likes

I guess the Cantina would be high volume too?