Tiers

That’s pretty nifty.

But I don’t know if I really want it- I am pretty curious about it, though, because I think it will be amazing- it would have to be, to be worth the price. Especially considering we wouldn’t come all the way to Florida just for that, we’d have to visit the other parks, too.

So that would take the cost of a Disney vacation into some pretty rarefied territory. Can it compete with a couple of weeks in Hawaii or Europe? There are a great many places on THIS planet that I’ve never been to! That’s what they’re competing against, but then again, I’m sure they’re going to market it globally, too. Disney is definitely aiming high with this project.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard an announcement about when Fastpass will be open, but this photo of the Disneyland queue shows that it is set up and ready to be activated. I assume it’s ready at WDW as well.

1 Like

I think the reason the ride is operating like that has nothing to do with there being no FP option. The ride is operating like that because the ride is awful and I suspect many guests are not interested in riding a second time. I rode MFSR this past Wednesday and it was the most disappointed I have ever been for a new ride. I am a huge Star Ware fan and I have no desire to ride MFSR a second time. I would guess I am not alone. That would shorten lines.

This is my quandary too. We had a great time in Orlando, but do we need to go back? The main reason we’d consider it is the new rides (especially the Tron coaster) being built and maybe the Star Wars hotel experience. My husband is feeling like we gave Disney enough money for a while and he and DS11 are very much novelty-seekers, especially for vacations. There are only a few places we’ve done repeat vacations. We all are Star Wars fans but I highly doubt DH will feel the hotel is worth the vacation dollars. I would totally be into it but will it be intriguing enough to argue that it’s worth the cost? I’m not sure.

@davej, I’m sorry it was so disappointing and you’re probably right. If lines had been shorter when we were there (the first 2 days it was open to the public in WDW) I would have wanted to ride it more than once, and I did enjoy it. But I also had low-ish expecations after reading reviews.

2 Likes

It’s kind of a blessing and a curse to have a DH who doesn’t care. When I worried aloud about the cost of the last trip, he said, “When have you ever regretted spending MORE on a vacation?” But a stay on the Galactic Starcruiser would surely test the validity of that sentiment!

DS21 will graduate from college in 2021, and I thought it might be a fun thing for us all to do together. At least we can all agree on Disney. But I’m also thinking about Italy and my ancestral land of Slovenia. Both countries have personal meaning for us & it’s in the same ball park financially. We’ll see. I guess I’ll wait for the first reviews to decide, and since I doubt DS21 will graduate on time, :smile: I’ll have a little bit of time to figure it out.

And not to get too melodramatic, but I’ve got a bucket list and there are some things higher up on it than going back to Disney. It’s time I paid attention to it.

2 Likes

This is me.
Can you believe I live six hours from NYC and my kids have never been? Nor have we visited Boston or Philly or D.C.! I also want to see Israel, the Eiffel Tower, and Gibraltar. And I’d be the first in line for an Alaskan Cruise. I simply must stop giving Disney my attention.

3 Likes

And money! :grin:
As my kids got older, vacations beside the beach, Yellowstone and Disney became a lot more fun.

My husband’s never been, either, so we’re going to a concert in NYC in December. Since it’s just before Christmas, he wants to, among other things, go where Buddy (from Elf) went. I told him okay, but no yellow tights, please.

2 Likes

I’m seriously debating going to Japan after the 50th. I can fit in a week seeing the sights there w/ a short visit to Tokyo DisneySea for the similar cost of a 10 day Orlando trip.

1 Like

Do you live in the western half of the US? I do, and it’s just as easy for me to get to Tokyo as Orlando, it just takes a little longer. So it’s on my bucket list, too.

No. I live in Memphis, TN. But because this is the World HQ for FedEx our airport has a lot of good international flight options / deals.

1 Like