Tiana opening this summer

It may become VQ for a while. That’s okay for me. I’ll never ride it.

5 Likes

I found a picture of the Splash Mountain boats versus what they are testing. Virtually identical, other than the “hood ornament” that they appear to have removed now.

But…I’m curious why you thought they were going to be themed to boats. In this concept artwork, they appear to be pretty much the same flume style as they currently are…although, that image doesn’t have too much to go on.

4 Likes

Hmmm yeah I’m not sure why I thought it would be a boat now :rofl:

Maybe I just focused on the boat Tiana is in?

6 Likes

Just tried this morning before school, I showed her the picture and asked if she knew who this was. She thought for a minute but couldn’t figure it out. Then I explained it’s Tiana, and her comment was that her hair is weird. (Not like that it’s a weird hairstyle, but that it isn’t Tiana’s).

I also asked if she liked her outfit and would want to wear that and the response was “Ew, no.”

Edited to add: My wife saw for the first time as well and commented, “Are you sure that’s not Tiana’s mom or someone else, that doesn’t look like Tiana.”

6 Likes

Yeah. That was pretty prominent in the artwork, so I can see that!

I don’t anticipate Disney would actually replace the existing boats, other than to perhaps paint them to be less “loggy” because that would be a lot of unnecessary added cost (as far as Disney would be concerned). A lot cheaper for them to just refurbish what they have.

7 Likes

Even my husband wasn’t sure. He said, “I guess maybe that’s supposed to be Tiana?”

LOL there is a time and space for fancy clothes vs work clothes

YES!!!

Thanks for conducting this experiment! (especially since it validates what I had to say about it!)

7 Likes

Well she is a 6 year old on Valentine’s day, so to be fair, she’d probably say Ew no, to anything that wasn’t pink this morning.

8 Likes

Shhhhhhhhh

Don’t water down the argument!

2 Likes

And here is a picture of Tiana’s mom:

So, yeah…the animatronic probably looks more like Tiana’s Mom than Tiana herself.

Tiana has longish hair. When they decided to chop it off, it does seem to age her.

6 Likes

It does, the Tiana who does meet and greet’s at the Tiana’s Place restaurant has the shorter hair and, for me, it just doesn’t feel right.

1 Like

Thanks for the experiement :joy:

I guess it kind of says it all!

2 Likes

I haven’t paid attention other than to the original announcement. I’ve had the impression that the ride is meant to be several years in the future. With as was mentioned here, business woman Tiana. A sequel to the movie.

As I’m not ever experiencing this ride again, it could be Tiana’s great grandkids.

IP is weird anyway. Tho one of my great grandkids loved the new Maelstrom iteration, joyfully singing along in full voice. I don’t think she paid any attention to story. Or even animatronic figures.

5 Likes

Well it’s been quite a few years since the movie, yes? :wink:

3 Likes

On the Disney Dish, Len speculated that the opening will be July or August rather than Memorial Day. If so that makes things simpler for me with my early June trip.

Also be thinks it will open with VQ and ILL and that 7DMT will drop its ILL and switch to G+. I agree that’s the most likely scenario. Still not sure if they will have two 7am VQs in the same park, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

I think woth the popularity of Tron, they will keepnit VQ just for crowd management.

1 Like

I’d like if it was later in the summer. I’d hate it if we just missed it

It would be spectacular if they could have it open for Juneteenth though. Both for cultural reasons and also I arrive on Juneteenth :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I was hoping for Juneteenth as well. I think we are skipping the parks that day because we are going to HS after hours that night, but I would have made it my top priority that day.

2 Likes

Agreed. What I’m not sure about is whether they will add it to Tiana’s. It might need it for a couple of months but my suspicion is that popularity will die down a little faster than a brand new ride like Tron or GotG since it’s the same ride system people are familiar with – just new show scenes / animatronics / story.

Dependability amd down time will.make a difference too.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that FEA is the same ride system as Maelstrom. It’s a very, very popular ride even now.

3 Likes