Tiana opening this summer

https://x.com/scottgustin/status/1757397722473152766?s=46&t=V9kflBRlfnl5a12fPfU8Vw

10 Likes

The animatronic looks amazing!

6 Likes

Just to restate what I already said: it’s a great looking figure, but she looks like a woman in her 40s rather than the youthful princess she is supposed to be.

7 Likes

Hmm. You’re not wrong. At least from that particular photo, she looks like she’s about to pack up the kids in the van for a trip to soccer practice. :confused: Maybe in context, it will make more sense.

3 Likes

She looks like Claire Huxtable

10 Likes

claire-huxtable-cosby-show

4 Likes

I think a lot of the more recent animatronic faces are in this style – specifically Anna and Elsa in FEA. You need to just glide on by and not loot too closely at just the face.

I can’t wait for this ride to open! I’m very excited to see what they’ve created and to hear the music. I’m also hoping for a beignets stand nearby (even if it would be a mess).

10 Likes

Hmmmm, wonder if it will be open for Juneteenth? If so I may have to rethink my Hollywood studios after hours vs MK extended hours…

Bery excited for this! Seeing her in motion, I don’t think she looks old.

5 Likes

To me, all of the artwork for the “explorer Tiana” looks like the animatronic and less like the original movie. I’ll be happy either way.

My 6 year old daughter loves Tiana and I think if I showed her this picture with no context, there’s no way she knows who this is.

I’ll withhold judgement until the entire context of the ride is out, but I think Princess Tiana would be a better draw than business woman Tiana.

6 Likes

Yes - that makes a lot of sense! I hope some of the artwork is more “arty” and less animation.

3 Likes

Ooh, interesting point. Can you try? I am.so curious about the experiment!

4 Likes

You are spot on! She really looks a lot older than I would have thought they’d make her look.

3 Likes

I’m hoping for beignets as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Logs are testing!

https://x.com/drewdisneydude/status/1757564613913092518?s=46&t=o5hb2IhktPeuVj4nnnvyVA

5 Likes

Was just coming to share. I thought they were going to be re themed to boats?

5 Likes

Maybe they’re just using an old log to test the flume while they’re working on the new ones.

2 Likes

Maybe

2 Likes

That looks different, more contoured than the original ones

Also just last week the thing was dry dry dry and looking light years from being complete

3 Likes

Assuming it doesn’t become ILL (with 7DMT switching to LL), this ride becomes the toughest LL in MK, right?

I suppose I could see it becoming ILL and 7DMT becoming LL in which case 7DMT would undoubtedly be the toughest LL at MK (probably 3rd toughest overall after SDD and Remy).

3 Likes