Thoughts on having 2 diferent UY?

Adding to that stay would be at the 7month mark of the add on days.

Lately I have been saving my BWV points for BW only but I will book at 11 months at CCV too and then switch my CCV booking to either BW or another resort.

3 Likes

Indeed it WAS! Had such an awesome time. Here are a few pictures of our GV on Christmas Eve.

9 Likes

Did you bring the tree or was it there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

We brought the tree. They unfortunately don’t supply them, even for a fee. I heard in the past that you could rent them from Disney Floral and Gifts, but they must have ended that because they weren’t available when I checked. It ended up working great – I was able to just check the box like a bag on Southwest Airlines.

4 Likes

I thought maybe Grand Villas were the exception. Nice job :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could totally live there. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes:. Now THAT’S decorating for Christmas.

I wanted to post an update to this thread.

After posting, I did a lot of thinking about what was important to me, how many points I wanted/needed, and what resorts I was interested in.

I am very logical. Even though BRV and BCV are resorts I love, with sketchy availability at 7 months, I could not get over their pending experation date and lack of “value” compared to other resorts. Nothing felt quite right, so when that happens I usually just wait.

I was interested in the new Poly build, so waiting for that made sense - I could choose the number of points and match use years with my current contract.

Then earlier this week I was flipping through listings with Fidelity and a 50 point BCV contract at a reasonable price popped up. And I knew that was the one I wanted. So I put in an an offer and now it is in ROFR!

Ya’ll I am a liner. I maximize experience while also maximizing value. This is so not like me. This contract is even a different use year from mine!

But I think its perfect. Thanks to @melcort10 and @PrincipalTinker who taught me you could keep a small contract at a hard to get resort and hoard those points for that resort only.

8 Likes

This is such a good idea. I went and looked and saw not one, but TWO BWV contracts (50 pts and 70 pts) listed at $115/pt! I was like…that’s gotta be it! I could buy one of those, and have enough points for BWV every three years, and fill in using our SSR contract.

But, alas, it wasn’t meant to be. BOTH contracts are already have sales pending. :slight_smile: No surprise.

2 Likes

Maybe the right one will come along!

50 gets me 6 nights at Christmas every three years, or 4 nights most other seasons, every other year. DD and I do a 3-4 night mother daughter trip every year so that works!

3 Likes

Holy cow! That’s less than I paid 3 years ago!

Happy to help! till never enough… :innocent: :innocent:

3 Likes

I forgot where you asked the question, so I thought I would just post here.

The contract has loaded into my dashboard. No points yet. It looks so pretty!

So that is less than 5 weeks from submitting the offer to the contract being loaded in my account. Amd that counts Thanksgiving and a four day delay in my end.

2 Likes

Exciting. I would love it if by Christmas I could book our first BWV contract stay! Thanks for updating me on your status! Let me know when your points show up!

2 Likes

I could probably call, but since I don’t need them I won’t bother them. I will let you know when they show up!

1 Like

Points were loaded yesterday! Now Inhave to wait 13 months to book with them! (Will I be able to? That is the question).

I think you may have yours before Christmas.

2 Likes

THanks for the update! I’m hoping before Christmas. It would be a nice present!

3 Likes