Those darn lockers!

Dumbledore reminds you to retrieve your belongings as you are getting off the ride :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Else you want them confiscated by Mr Filtch

4 Likes

Exactly!

I bought the same souvenir hat from WDW twice in August. First time because I liked it. Second time after I left it on some ride I had to take it off for, and never found again, so had to rebuy it.

So yeah. Leaving behind personal items is a thing. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yes! I almost lost my phone out of my pocket on Mummy and FJ. I especially remember not being able to focus on the actual ride for FJ because I was in an awkward fight between the restraint and securing my phone. Luckily I held on, but for my next visit I will 100% be utilizing a zippered pocket.

5 Likes

Ok, related question. So I’ve seen numerous mentions of waist packs needing to have a 3 prong closure. What exactly is a non-3 prong closure? Every single waist pack I’ve been able to find a picture of the closure looks roughly the same, but since it’s a stated thing, I’m assuming there is another type? Does anyone have an example of what it can’t be? (Just want to make sure it’s something obvious and not subtle.)

I’m no expert in textile clasps, but I am pretty sure this is what they mean by a three-prong closure:

Here’s an example of what I would NOT consider to be a three-prong closure:

(The release in these is a flat panel that you push down as a single button.)

6 Likes

Aha! Got it!

1 Like

The wands fit into all the lockers. Including the box that came with them. Thank goodness, no self respecting witch or wizard should be caught without their wands!

1 Like

Isn’t that a bit contradictory? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

DS had to buy the same hat at WDW 3 times (and even saying this, I can’t believe I let him buy the same hat 3 times). He left one on Big Thunder in the pouch. The second one he wore on Kali and it got bumped off right at the end - fell into the water. The one that fell into the water at Kali, he did get back - we submitted to their lost items website and they mailed it back to us. So now, we’re back to 2 hats.

3 Likes

I’m surprised the Kali hat was still in presentable shape!

Me too! It was a little faded, but that was it.

1 Like

I’m tempted to leave a tiny gift like a glow bracelet or something for the next person lol. Or a tiny dinosaur :thinking:

1 Like

Just be sure to leave an explanatory note so no one goes through Herculean efforts to try to return it to you! :joy:

4 Likes

There is the UO Rocks facebook groups where people hide things in the parks for other people. Adding a little note

2 Likes

I ended up finding this one, which is just too small to fit a regular iPad (at least with the case still on). I wanted something super light and small so I could bring a battery pack and maybe organize some other small items like tickets and papers, and this is perfect. I hate backpacks because they make my back sweaty and I get back aches after wearing one all day, but this should be lower impact.

4 Likes

Here is the link to the product in case anyone is looking. They have several colors. Very reasonable price ($15-40 depending on color - the one I chose was $17 at the time I bought it but just went up). Very sturdy and high quality. Also incredibly lightweight.

1 Like

So how well did this bag work for you?

1 Like

It worked great! I will use it on every trip now. The only thing I would change is I wish it was big enough for my iPad for the flight (just barely didn’t fit - an iPad mini would have fit). But otherwise perfect size and very lightweight.

1 Like