Those darn lockers!

:wink:

6 Likes

I almost got one of those for our trip. But @Jeff_AZ might need a more masculine bag than mine. :wink:

1 Like

We always put straps on any glasses or sunglasses. The potential of losing prescription glasses is definitely worth securing them, but while my sunglasses aren’t particularly expensive, I like them a lot and don’t want to lose them either!

2 Likes

The wands fit (even with the box) in the free lockers and could also fit a small bag in that same locker but they only fit at a diagonal. Since we did Universal as one big day, it just wasn’t feasible to fully avoid. Maybe it you’re doing multiple days and half days, you can pull it off with NO items. I like your strategy for sure but the wand would definitely require a locker.

1 Like

Except for the elder wand. My niece got that at our trip just before Covid and the only way to fit the wand in the locker was to turn it diagonally. I had no issues with my ash wand in the box fitting in the locker.

1 Like

This is for the wand info! @ozziecrew555 @OrlandoGirl357

Our plan is to do the HP area the last 2.5 hours of the event, so at least we can avoid some of the lockers until that point. The first day, anyway.

I think the locker situation last month was much better than when we went in Feb 2020. I am the designated locker person and I either used my room key or AP for the locker. Just had to remember which one lol. The locker areas didn’t seem as congested with the new spacing although that will probably go away. I loved the new FB locker area vs the prior fingerprint one.

We can testify that the photocards work also. I mention this in case someone wants to tuck away the tickets/passes someplace secure. We found out the photocards work on accident, because we have one with one of our passes on the lanyard. It read the photopass instead of the other pass. Everyone’s passes are on one lanyard for ease of locker use.

There are two or three wands that don’t fit at all, I have them in my notes someplace.

Note, I got a cross-body bag for booking with a Liner TA.

3 Likes

We used a larger backpack because it was my Hufflepuff bag and I wanted to. :grin: We just made sure we didn’t fill it very full and were able to squish it into all of the lockers we used. (Did not go on Hulk or RRR.)

2 Likes

And I’m sure you already know but if you want to do Olivanders, I think it’s best to go straight there…which wouldn’t help on lockers tho!

Did you all hear today’s Disney Dish with Jim Hill (and Len Testa)? They discussed the lockers that are at the Velocicoaster, which apparently have a front door and a back door. You access the front door when in queue to ride, and when you exit you are on the back side of the lockers and remove your stuff via the back door.

Brilliant!

Not sure it helps with your general locker discussion, but that’s what I have to offer for now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, is it necessary to go straight there for the after hours event? Everything I’ve seen said to avoid the HP areas for at least the first 1.5 hours of the event?

Whoops! I missed the part about after-hour event. No clue on that. On a regular or EE morning, we were very glad to go straight to Olivanders.

1 Like

Yeah, both Ollivanders will be open during the event. Is there a code word we can use to ensure a short wand is matched? :joy:

2 Likes

You don’t have to buy the matched wand. We didn’t. DD18 wanted to pick a celebrity wand. I believe she ended up with Hermione Granger’s wand. :joy:

1 Like

You’re so cute when you post in a Universal thread! Yes, it’s been mentioned upthread I believe. :rofl: But nice seeing you here!

6 Likes

But it would make my life so much easier for the matched wand to be locker-compatible! Work with me here, magical people! :joy:

1 Like

Sorry :frowning: I’m Universally Stupid :smiley:

LOL

I want to make sure I’m correctly thinking after reading this–only the rides with an * are mandatory for us to use lockers. So, for example, if we wanted to ride Gringotts and hang onto our small backpack or have cell phones in pockets we are allowed–correct?

I would say you’re just intentionally out of the loop.

To be honest, Universal is not my thing either. But I adore Harry Potter so will do it on occasion. I think it was @Wahoohokie who said she could go to Orlando and skip UOR, but could never skip WDW. That’s basically how I feel.

4 Likes