This is Where the Fun Begins! A Family Trip Report

13 Likes

Only one souvenir was purchased tonight:

It’s for me. :joy: The kids have a promise they can come back Friday if they don’t find something else they like more before then.

20 Likes

I have a feeling you and your crew are going to have a marvelously Magical day :blush: Batterhorn cam shows a bit a fog which will keep temps low.

https://d23.com/d23-event/d23-galactic-disco/

Friends will be attending this tonight. Tickets are stiil available and House of Blues is just around the corner :heart:

2 Likes

Up and At ‘Em at 6am this morning. Left before 7 and at security by 7:10. At taps waiting for the park to open at 7:20.

25 Likes

25 Likes

That? Is on my couch at home. (Edited: the groot doll, not Sam)

Purchased in secret at WDW and shipped home.

Along with a Yeti.

For the record not only don’t I decorate with plush toys, I happen to really dislike plush toys.

12 Likes

Those are some happy faces for such an early morning.

5 Likes

It is a very cute plush! I was tempted.

1 Like

Gates opened at 7:30am with a small fanfare / “first family” countdown. We were then admitted, we got our first LL (Space Mountain, 8am) and proceeded to the Tomorrowland rope. They will probably drop it at 8am.

19 Likes

This is so exciting!! I’m still scheduled to redo my DLR trip. Maybe this will be the motivation I need to reschedule!

3 Likes

Finished Buzz and Space Mountain by 8:30 and am now on my way to Celebration! FYI - They let DBIL take two guests with him for Rider Swap for Space. Not sure if that is standard here or just an exception.

I took just a minute to buy DD5 her favorite treat before leaving. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I picked up MY favorite treat / breakfast on the way out of Tomorrowland. I found this picture rather awkward considering I have such a long … churro next to my face.

23 Likes

How could you not have been the “first Family” with those kids?

9 Likes

Next time, I guess! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Smart girl. #teampopcorn

10 Likes

:smirk:

8 Likes

I’m in the place! My friends got here at 8am to save a spot in line. I joined them at almost 9. :grimacing: I bought the tickets so I don’t feel too bad. The show starts at 11am but I think they will let us in before 10am, because that’s when they said standby will be let in.

17 Likes

With the nerd friends. Celebration is the only place masks are required on this trip.

19 Likes

Oh man do miss California churros!! I don’t even eat them here they are just crap!

1 Like

We are seated and ready to go! Show starts at 11am. Be on the lookout for trailers to drop online, btw. Whatever premieres here will likely show up on social media soon after.

Meanwhile, family is enjoying Fantasyland and churros.

25 Likes

Grogu might wish he was with the kids at FL! :joy:

3 Likes