This is crazy, right?

Well, don’t forget to add in the added extra costs of staying extra day (in particular…food).

Well, and the opportunity cost.

4 Likes

What’s the incremental cost of just living at UOR year round? Sarah wouldn’t mind, would she? :joy:

4 Likes

I have been thinking about this article nonstop since I read it - I Gave up My Office Space to Work Out of an Amusement Park + Photos

3 Likes

We discussed doing this with DVC points in another thread a while back, but I think the most economical way to do it would be All-Star or something.

1 Like

This. 100% this.

2 Likes

#goals. seriously, this exact scenario is on my long term goal list. I would loooooooove that!

3 Likes

I will say that finding a quiet spot/table is much harder in these crowds. There’s been a few phone calls I had to stay on mute and keep moving so I could hear what was going on in the call. And that was at Epcot of all places!

1 Like

This afternoon I found a package deal that was pretty much the best deal of any I’ve found in the last 24 hours.

I met with a friend for pizza and a catch-up chat. And decided I would probably proceed with the trip.

I checked that Sarah was OK with the dates. And I asked a number of people to give me solid COVID information.

Finally I checked the price of the package.

It had risen by a quarter. In about six hours.

I’m done. The trip is not happening. See y’all in June.

Also, many thanks to everyone for their advice and comments. And particular thanks to @vcka and @amvanhoose_701479 who gave me support above and beyond in private messages.

13 Likes

“Liking” your post in support, not liking the content. Sorry, Matt. That’s quite a price hike. I guess that’s more money to spend in June, which I hope comes quickly for you now.

5 Likes

Or for maybe a special occasion celebration for two certain people in December

5 Likes

Do you want us to resume weighing the pros and cons of ruggable to help you in that dilemma? I’m sorry the trip didn’t work out. :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

I’m not counting you out yet. You’re @sanstitre_has_left_the_building. You make things happen.

10 Likes

Ditto.

5 Likes

I won’t fully believe that until your dates have passed :laughing:

10 Likes

Same :rofl:

3 Likes

Ah, blarg.

1 Like

I’m on this team. Bet he’s checking prices right now.

3 Likes

Probably as we speak…

4 Likes

Sorry to disappoint but I really won’t be taking the trip. I already told Sarah.

I never really felt right about it and when the prices kept wriggling upwards away from me I realised it was doomed. Also: COVID.

10 Likes