This Disney commercial did not age well

Saw this on another site, it’s a commercial for Disney resorts with all of the things they’ve taken away. It just gets sadder and sadder as the video goes on.

17 Likes

yep… promises made live for eternity on the internet :wink: Someone posted earlier that they remembered resort guests getting an hour early entrance and I remember that too; it’s much better than the 30min they are now proposing.

staying off site for a fraction of the cost is looking more appealing.

4 Likes

Not a good “How it started / How it’s going”

6 Likes

(still love the commercial)

9 Likes

That’s a great commercial! Ugh love it…

5 Likes

especially the line “Zippidy-do-dah Come down and Play” dunno why, but it hits me right in the feels.

8 Likes

Totally my 4 year watched with me—- oooo I want to go there!!!

I think they need a new one of these when they bring back the perks!

3 Likes

Great commercial, makes me sad.

4 Likes

Are you a Splash Mountain fan? That may be why…

yeah, but it’s more the “come down and play” portion. Just the idea of going to go play outside… love it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It makes me really miss WDW, we were last there in 2019, had a trip planned for May 2020 and are hoping to make it back in 2022.

1 Like

I think I love it because this was our 2018 trip— all of it was fun! Was so great and I couldn’t wait to return to THIS!

5 Likes

Seriously, WDW needs to remove that from youtube! :joy:

3 Likes

Such a great commercial! But yikes, what a stark contrast.

4 Likes

Loved the music, but it really makes you realize that almost none of those perks are left. So sad (but no that won’t stop me from going).

8 Likes

Me either. I seriously just booked the Coronado Springs Hotwire deal for this three day weekend cuz I’m crazy!!! I remember seeing your were mentioning doing the festival of the arts solo? When are you going if so? Also, if I do a trip report is there any rules or tips? It’d be my first.

2 Likes

I hope you have all the fun! Are you going alone?

2 Likes

Yup, first solo trip in my entire life. I’m a bit of a social butterfly or was in a past life before kids and dogs and a hubby. But I feel like I need it, bad. Our house had a super bad water leak and we’re in a rental home for two months with four large dogs. I’m terrified constantly they’re going to destroy something. Work is absolutely insane with multiple looming deadlines, getting the kids thru high school and middle school nearly kills me. I swear I didn’t have to write this many papers when I was a kid. And the world and all it’s news. I feel like I wanna rip my hair out. So I’m hoping some time at what looks to be three outdoor and open bars at CSR and a nice trail I can get my daily walks on (and without a dog in tow to worry about) plus some food and art at Epcot soothes my soul and helps me face it all fresh next week! I know it’s all first world problems and I wouldn’t give it up for anything but sometimes your brain just says walk away for a minute to your happy place. Lol

7 Likes

I know exactly what you mean. I’m going alone (but meeting up some of the time with some forum folk) January 27-February 1. I am counting the days!

6 Likes

So many things to miss. I am a little teary eyed right now.

4 Likes