This Disney commercial did not age well

I am going 1/28-2/2. It sounds like the Festival of the Arts is better than expected this year so I’m excited. I found doing a semi-live trip report easier than waiting until I returned home (life gets in the way). No real rules. I post lots of pictures in my reports because I take so many. And I feel like people like details if you RD–time you arrived, what you did first and how long you waited.

5 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Are you meeting up with Dreamer? Your dates overlap. :slight_smile:
I hope ya’ll have fun and you get that much needed recharge. Sometimes moms need to act like kids too!

3 Likes

We have nearly all the planning videos Disney has put out, even I think, the VHS ones. Unless in a silly moment I pitched them. I never saw the planning video posted here tho.

Way before planning videos there were planning magazines and we had a lot of them. Didn’t find any when I was attempting a declutter last fall. I know at one point when the grandkids were littles we cut favorite pictures from the magazines and glued them onto papers. Early schedule making . . .

Tho it may make me the odd one out (emphasis on odd) the biggest thing I missed last month was restaurants and plenty of menu options. I didn’t even miss park hopping as much as I thought I would . . .

1 Like

My friend and I took a “mom’s only” trip in 2019. It was amazing.

2 Likes

Can I come?! :rofl:

1 Like

Wow, it really does pile on the reminders of what no longer is, and what soon shall not be. My hope is that eventually as the vaccine kicks in, things eventually return to “normal”, whatever that may entail.

But my fear is that Disney finds that people continue to come in droves even after all the cuts, and makes the decisions that any sensible business would make. I read all the comments from people who still wish to go, and I resonate with them, even as I feel conflicted about feeding the corporate bear.

I guess the ultimate decision comes to whether one will decide to pass on the sundae because the cherry is no longer on the top, and the hot fudge has been reduced to a smidgen. It’s still a sundae.

1 Like

I think for a little while, people will still come because they are desperate for a break.
That may change though, once people get back to normal.

2 Likes

From what I’m reading, it appears that people will still go, but many more will be staying off-site, as the benefits-to-cost ratio seems to have diminished greatly. DME may end up being the tipping point. Time will tell. If Disney hotels have lots of vacancies, then either the perks go up, or the costs come down.

1 Like

Rumour is that for the 50th they’ll re-release this commercial listing all the former perks.

Already selected the talent to sing it.

5 Likes

I just saw this commercial here in the gallery :crazy_face::upside_down_face: Benefits of Staying at Disney Resort Hotels | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)