Things I haven't done - Have I been skipping your favorite?

So one of things I like most about the forum is seeing everyone’s different styles of traveling and touring. Everyone has a variety of must do experiences with some understandable staples that most of us agree on.

I’m heading back to the world with my DH in July. We just did a two day trip in January (MK & AK only) and we had a week trip back in summer 2017 where we hit each park for a day. For this trip, I have my staples that won’t be missed, but I’m wondering about some of the attractions that I’ve never seen or haven’t seen in 15 years. Which ones on this list are your dark horse favorites that I should add to my plan for this summer?

Magic Kingdom

• Astro Orbiter
  • Barnstormer
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Hall of Presidents (with current president)
  • Liberty Square Riverboat
  • Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Meet Ariel
  • Meet Cinderella & Elena
  • Meet Rapunzel & Tiana
  • Meet Tinker Bell
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • WDW Railroad
  • Walt’s Carousel of Progress
  • In addition, I have never seen any of the shows at MK

Epcot

• Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure
  • Impressions de France
  • Jeweled Dragon Acrobats
  • Journey Into the Imagination With Figment (have never seen the “new” one)
  • Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
  • Mission Space
  • O Canada!
  • Reflections of China
  • Serveur Amusant
  • Voices of Liberty

Hollywood Studios

• Alien Swirling Saucers
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • Meet… who is worth meeting at DHS? I know there are lots of new ones.
  • Disney Movie Magic
  • Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy (obviously none of us have seen this yet)
  • March of the First Order
  • Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

We will not be dedicating a day to AK on this trip, and looking at the list, I’ve actually done quite well with that park. So I’m not including it here.

1 Like

Classics Mickeys Philharmagicand country bears! A nice break from touring for both. We also thoughts Monsters inc was great.

3 Likes

Philharmagic is fab! And though I haven’t done SDD, it sounds like fun.

5 Likes

Sorry- I can not get past PhilharMagic! That is a must do! I went to Country Bears last month for the first time after I had met Big Al earlier in my trip. I actually did that during DAH. I think it set he time for my night- I had such fun!

4 Likes

I loved PhilharMagic, and the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor was better than I’d expected. At HS we met Woody and Jessie and Mike and Sully.

2 Likes

MK: Philharmagic and Monsters Inc are great to do, especially busy days. Wait times are generally short, and the shows are fun. Its a great time to slow down a busy day and enjoy the AC.
Epcot: Again a great way to slow things down and relax in the AC is by seeing Impressions of France, O Canada, and Reflections of China. Voices of Liberty is very good as well.
HS: Slinky is a fun coaster, and for me the Star Wars fireworks show is second to only HEA. Cant wait to see Lightning McQueen

3 Likes

Philharmagic is a must do for us!

5 Likes

Tom Sawyer Island will be a must for us from here on out! We LOVED it!!! All of us. Kids, parents, grands. Tranquil and fun!

1 Like

I loved the SW fireworks

2 Likes

We love Tom Sawyer Island! I loved it as a kid, and I love taking my kids now. Such a great way to recharge, and let the kids run out the energy from standing in line, and it’s creative and well done. LOVE.
(Fun topic post!)

1 Like

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. We did it on our first trip and my husband ended up being Randall. It’s one of our kids’ favorite memories (they were 4 and 6 at the time). There’s a part where they say that Randall disappears, and my husband had no idea what they were saying, so he just sat there. I had to put my hand on his head and push him down, lol.

I think that we have actually done it almost every day we’ve been at the Magic Kingdom since. I’m just so amused by the quick-witted people behind it. Making up what you say on the spot must be hard! Plus, it’s air-conditioned and has seats, what could be better!

My husband has been That Guy one time, and then there was the time our whole family got called out for our matching tie-dye shirts (kids, learn how to do your wash or you’ll end up like this family!). It changes every single time and never gets old to me.

5 Likes

At MK–Carousel of Progress and Philharmagic.
At Epcot–Jeweled acrobats, Voices of Liberty
At HS–Aliens and SDD (not really dark horses)

1 Like

Um Carousel of Progress! How else will you get the song stuck in your head all day? There’s a great big beautiful tomorrrow, shining at the end of everyday…

10 Likes

i obviously can’t fillow directions. philharmagic, monsters inc. ts island

I love Astro Orbiter at night! Country Bear’s is a must do. If I only could do one ride at MK it would be Carousel of Progress. It’s pure nostalgia for me. I also like the quiet time at Tom Sawyer’s Island… and the WDW railroad…and the Liberty Square Riverboat… lol

Last time at Epcot I did O’Canada for the first time. It was well worth it. I’m hoping to hit Impressions de France, and Reflections of China next time.

Slinky Dog Dash is fun. Rope drop if you can’t get a FP. I wouldn’t wait 2 hrs for it…

Have a great time!

2 Likes

I love Astro Orbiter at night, too! It’s in my TP, for right before closing.

Regarding the list-

• Monster’s Inc. was fun, if only because during the wait before the show, they put a pic of DH up on the screen and announced “This man will buy churros for everyone after the show.” :grin:

• At EPCOT, Mission Space would be the top pick off that list, for sure.

• At DHS, I haven’t seen any of those, either, so I’m definitely interested in what everyone has to say about that.

1 Like

I did Astro Orbiter at DAH because I realized I hadn’t EE. On it since 2005! Am I the only one that gets bruises from that vechicle?

Oh, I probably do, but I get them from everything which is one reason why I like it so much, I can’t ride the really fun coasters. It’s kind of sad to say, but it’s the biggest thrill I get at MK!

I could see why you might only ride it at DAH. The line is short, but the wait is long, and probably not worth it for most people most of the time. That’s why I scheduled it for right before closing.

1 Like

Ditto on Monsters Inc. We were more than pleasantly surprised at how funny it was. It ended up being our last attraction on our “trip of a lifetime” and was a great way to go out. My kids also loved Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom but they love any kind of card collecting activity, so YMMV. I thought it was neat, but they thought it was a highlight of the trip.

1 Like

I completely agree! When we did it on our last trip, it was just sort of for “filler”. I was surprise by how much I LOVED it! Very funny and so well done!