Things I haven't done - Have I been skipping your favorite?

Monsters Inc laugh floor, Mickey’s philharmagic, Slinky dog, and agent p adventure. My DH and I had so much fun doing agent p at Epcot.

2 Likes

Our touring plan had us do Astro orbiter first thing. It worked out well. I loved the ride.
We tried philharmagic and walked out early. Felt like a waste of time when there were rides we could be doing, and we had trouble with 3-d glasses over our regular glasses. Didn’t walk out of country bears but would have if we had seats on an edge. Ugh! All of this just to say, people love so many different things.
Re the rest of your list, I haven’t done most of them. We did like the character spot at Epcot but we had a FP for it. I wouldn’t have wanted to wait standby as the line moved very slowly.

1 Like

Thank you for all the responses! I am loving reading the perspectives and memories behind why different attractions that may be a miss for some are top priorities for others! Definitely have some things to add to my plan!

Definitely philharmagic!
We also enjoy the liberty bell steamboat and monsters inc laugh floor.
Other than that…we are with you on the skip list :wink:

2 Likes

For just adults, this is what I would add to the list:

MK: Astro Orbiter - it’s higher up than it looks from below, it’s a very different experience from the normal aerial carousels. It’s faster too. As others have said, it’s a totally different experience at night.
PhilharMagic: We find this beautiful and relaxing, as well as fun. Favorite part is definitely the magic carpet ride.
I would also add Carousel of Progress if you have time. Even though it wasn’t part of the original attraction lineup it still feels very quintessentially Disney to me. And it’s always nice to give Small World some competition in the earworm department… :rofl:

Epcot: The acrobats are very good and worth watching. We also love Mission:SPACE - go green if you have any reservations at all about orange. It’s not worth risking feeling queasy the rest of the day, and the flight around Earth is fun.

Studios: Slinky, of course. It’s a brilliant ride, so much more fun than it looks. The swirling saucers are ok, but I wouldn’t personally wait for it more than a few minutes. DH doesn’t like it at all, but he’s not a fan of spinny rides in general.
If either of you are into Star Wars at all I would definitely meet some of those characters. The first time DH met Chewbacca he got quite emotional which was completely unexpected. He said after that he obviously knew it was a guy in a suit, but it was still just so cool to suddenly be standing next to “actual Chewie”. :blush: March of the First Order is also kind of cool if you’re a fan. For the Star Wars fireworks I don’t think you have to be a fan at all, it’s a great show regardless. That one is one of my solo pleasures - after DD has gone to bed I hop to Studios, grab a margarita and watch the fireworks while DH is on babysitting duty (if you can really call it that when it’s your own child).

3 Likes

November was my third trip, but first for the family. Here’s what we loved from that trip!

MK -
1)Meet Ariel - She was so attentive to my daughter and noticed that we bounded her and Flounder. DD9 LOVED that! Plus she’s one of my favorite princesses.
2)Tomorrowland Speedway - I read that will be going away. We used an FP for that ride and were happy we did. The sun is hot in that line. If you want a license souvenier you need a credit card. We couldn’t use our MB and didn’t have a CC, because we had our MB. The picture did show up on our memory maker though.
3) Walt’s Carousel of Progress - I think it’s just classic Disney. I remember it from my first Disney trip when I was 12.

Epcot -
Mission Space - DD rode both green and orange. It’s her favorite ride in all of Disney. I recommend the green one though because I get motion sickness. I did do orange and would do it again for DD, but not my favorite due to motion sickness. Definitely cool experience though.
Voices of Liberty - We caught the end of a show. They are amazing, especially if you enjoy a capella.

HS
Slinky Dog - Loved it and really wish we could ride it over and over again!
Alien Swirling Saucers - I didn’t ride it. DH, and both kids said it was “meh.”

If you count the Muppets as one of the MK shows you haven’t seen, I’d put that at the top of my list. It’s really cute. My “never done” list almost mirrors yours, so I don’t have much else to add. I’d say the Chinese acrobats were interesting enough to see, if convenient, and O Canada is a nice break with air conditioning and pretty scenery. Mickey’s PhilharMagic is also a nice break with A/C and no crowds. It’s cute.

2 Likes

I find just 2 things on your list to be among the “best of the best” that I think you should add: the Carousel of Progress at MK and Impressions de France at Epcot. I recently re-discovered Impressions de France and couldn’t help wondering why I’d been skipping it all these years.

2 Likes

I really like these.

1 Like

PhilharMagic and Laugh Floor at MK for sure!

Epcot - Mission Space - do the green one if you’re not sure about the effects of the ride. You have to be okay with enclosed spaces though.

HS - I don’t know why I enjoy swirling saucers as much as I do, but it’s fun for me. Slinky is enjoyable, even if the line is not.

1 Like

Astro Orbiter at night - bonus points if you can do it during the fireworks!

4 Likes

We never miss it. It isn’t even because it is necessarily that great by today’s standards, but that by is still running after all these years is a testament to how amazing it was at the time it was created. Of course it has been updated, and will be updated again…but in many ways it should be in EPCOT because it captures the spirit of the World Fair that Disney himself wanted to capture with EPCOT’s Futureworld.

Kids loved this (and, so did I). We didn’t do all of the adventures, but it worth doing at least one!

The film is supposed to be updated soon, or has been already…but even as a kid I loved seeing this film. It is really neat seeing the uniqueness of the Chinese culture and land. And since it is Circlevision, it takes more than one viewing to really take it all in!

Kids like this. I’m okay with it. But I’ll admit, it isn’t in my list of favorites/must dos simply because the old-school 3-D movies start to give me a headache. I see double vision for the entire show. I kind of wish they had a non-3-D version to watch instead.

ETA: Sorry. Missed “Mission: Space” for Epcot.

2 Likes

I agree that there is something about Astro Orbitor at night. It is magical. But very tough to get in and out of the vehicles.

I am going to vote for Main street vehicles. I have only done this at DLR, but really it was an awesome moment for me.

1 Like

These are all awesome! Also as a teacher after a long day, they all brightened my day! So many new experiences to look forward too :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This thread inspired me to find a youtube of Carousel of Progress. Verdict: I don’t have the attention for this, but maybe a good place for a nap. I’m good with continuing to skip it–it’s so LONG.

okay just got to the last one FINALLY and it’s Christmas? what? So random.
I hate having Christianity so central to everything. Just makes me feel, oh yeah, I’m not included in something else, yet again.
I’d probably go anyway if I really liked the attraction, but here’s just one more reason to skip it.

MK - Philharmagic. DS17 says he wishes he had done it last at DAH so it would be his last MK memory from the trip. We also did Tome Sawyer island for the first time this trip. We all (me, DH, DS17, DD14) loved it. Interesting to see BTMRR and HM from over there. Sit in a rocking chair and wave at people on the river boat.

Epcot - Character spot is great for frame worthy pics but DO NOT do the SB line. Posted 30 min, TP predicted 16, took us 60.

HS- Definitely Slinky Dog. SO much fun.

Enjoy!

1 Like

I think Mickey’s PhilharMagic is a must for a Disney fan. It’s a little dated, but it’s cute and fun, and a nice rest.
We loved Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, but you have to really like magic card games, I think - and our group does. Although only one of our party finished the game while the other three of us did Seven Dwarfs again, so even if you’re a big fan of magic card games, your attention span can wane. :slight_smile: We would definitely do it again though - you get free collectable cards!

1 Like