There’s a snake 🐍 on my walk

Where do you get the information/cards for the hunts?

2 Likes

I have not noticed any but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any. I’ve been mainly looking for limited edition pins (I really wanted the Happy Easter one) and they are all held behind the counters. They have Winter Solider pins out right now but I didn’t like them. AK has a BIG Raya statue, but I’ve seen Raya toys all over resort gift shops too. I’ll look today when we’re in the parks. Do I remember that you are coming back soon too?

1 Like

I usually pick them up at the international gateway gift shop but they have other locations too, I picked up the Bee Hunt at IG but the Egg Hunt card at Mouse Gears b/c I didn’t know about it until I saw the card behind the counter :unamused: I circled the three places I’ve picked up cards and prizes in the past. BUT DD said the Port of Entry shop is the only one w/ plates and World Traveler at IG said they weren’t giving out prizes like they normally do, only selling cards, and sent us to Port of Entry for prizes. The Bee Hunt is all of EC and not just the WS, but the Egg Hunt is just in the WS.

Here’s the link for EC activities, not a lot of detail unfortunately: Kids Activities at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

4 Likes

Oh, all the shops in Epcot are selling gift cards on a spiral thing to keep on your wrist. I’ll see if I can get a pic. they are really cute. At one food cart the CM felt bad that their reader wasn’t working b/c he knew my DD had $$ loaded on it and wanted to make sure she could use it. She told him not to worry about it being used :joy::rofl::joy: and paid w/ another card. Here’s a link for an example of the winter one. The spring ones are really cute:

3 Likes

Yes, in about two weeks!

3 Likes

Hey here’s what I saw :eyes:

8 Likes

I saw one near the Frontierland bathroom back in August of last year. I alerted the cast members nearby. All the snake wanted was the frog that was there. But I didn’t know that initially. My nerves were shot!

5 Likes

Sorry… they really are more afraid of us :wink: and are a part of Florida. I’m more surprised I don’t see more gators at WDW… I saw a gator once a SoG in the 90s.

4 Likes

Yes I actually love snakes. I think it helped we had some in my 7th grade science class that we would hold while we worked. The Garter snake would curl around your forearm and you could just take notes while he snuggled. Totally gave me a new take on snakes.
However, one morning I opened up my front door and had my foot in the air and rat or bull snake was on my door mat. They look similar to our diamond back rattlesnakes at first glance and I just froze. He took one look at me and slithered behind my planter with his cute little non-rattler tail sticking out thank goodness. But for that split second my heart was racing.

7 Likes

And the venomous ones are worrisome but won’t bite unless provoked or frightened. All creatures bite when they are afraid, even humans :crazy_face:

4 Likes

If it was a rattler and I had stepped on him I think that would have qualified as provoking him. :joy:

6 Likes

After that incident a few years ago, I heard they made a huge effort in trying to catch and release, then deter reentry.

2 Likes

I do too. I used to have a pet garter snake, and my friend used to have two huge constrictors.
I actually like creatures that most find icky. I really like spiders (I’ve held tarantulas before, but all spiders are cool to me) and mantids. People send me pictures of weird bugs and ask me what they are, lol. But funny enough, I’m terrified of bees, :grimacing:.

3 Likes

I like spiders too! Friend had a tarantula in her front yard we’d hold all the time when I was a kid. He was super nice. They eat the pests I don’t like…see below. and lizards also great.

about bees; we had this courtyard we ate lunch in when I was in junior high and I’d sit right next to the trashcan on the ledge of the raised planter area and the bees would be flying all around me to get to people’s sodas. They never bothered me and I never bothered them. I’ve also been lucky so far to have not been stung by a wasp so I make sure to make fun of my hubby who is terrified of them…how bad can it be says the person they do not seem interested in?

Now mosquitos and sand flies prefer me to him so I hate those little suckers with a passion. Anytime we go anywhere in nature I am covered in dozens of bites and I can’t sit on my own porch without hosing myself down with bug spray which smells awful and feels sticky and then I need a shower when I come back in so it ruins my yard to me. So please spiders and lizards move to my yard and eat them all. You are all welcome here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mosquitoes are jokingly known as Michigan’s state bird. :wink:

But we also have super annoying deer flies. When I try to run, they have a knack, however, of making me run faster than I knew I could! There was this trail I used to train on. Dead tired after running a few miles…and then the deer flies find me…and suddenly I’m running my best! :wink:

And then there are the ticks. We’ve found ticks on our children multiple times. My second son, even as an adult, had one that he didn’t find for a couple days, rather embedded. He had to take prophylactic antibiotics to prevent risk of lyme disease.

2 Likes

10 Likes

I’m getting my niece excited for the topiary

2 Likes

This guy was very aggressive

3 Likes

We don’t have deer flies but I do hate running at sunset when the tiny gnats have literally gotten into my eyeballs and I breathe them into my lungs. I try and hold my breath when I run thru them but there are so many and I’m running! LOL

We have all the same with the ticks and mosquitos here in Texas. Well at least my part of Texas (i doubt they have so many mosquitos in the desert parts). I’m glad your son was able to get the shot. I’m terrified of getting lyme disease from a tick. or my dogs getting it because they like to go off when I take them on trails and I’ve found them on them before. I do give them Bravecto though which is supposed to kill them within 24 hours so hopefully they’d be okay.

2 Likes

I still have mine from F&G 2016! I want to get one for my niece to use on our trip next month.

2 Likes