The Trip Where I Turn 50 In The Same Year As Magic Kingdom!

How was TSI? I haven’t been since I was little and have been wanting to do it. Last trip we were planning to go late morning but it was so hot that we went back to the pool instead.

3 Likes

It was hot. Lol. I wandered around a bit and then back to “the mainland”. I think the idea of it was more fun when I was little - and thought it was some “costs extra” thing.

3 Likes

Stopped by the Poly for a Dole Whip w/coconut rum.

Now pretending to be fancy enough for the Grand…

19 Likes

My friend Chris!!

21 Likes

The Agua de Valencia (orange juice, gin, vodka, and Spanish Cava)

Pancetta de Valencia

Patatas bravas

Paella with chicken, shrimp, and sausage

And their flan, which my server brought me as a surprise - I would have ordered it had I ordered dessert!

Jaleo by José Andrés is AMAZING!!!

21 Likes

They have a Disney Cruise Line pop-up shop (which I spent far too much in!) at the Co-Op and this add your pic to a mosaic of the Disney Wish photo thing…

My pic

My pic “boarding”

And my pic “boarded” (I circled it)

12 Likes

This is very, very true.

If you like Jaleo, try Barcelona Toledo at Gran Destino, once it reopens.

3 Likes

I heart Barcelona

1 Like

Ooo! Thank you for the Jaleo pics and recommendation – that’s actually the first ADR of our September trip, and I was worrying because I just don’t see a lot of chatter about it. I feel better now that I know you like it!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

It was soooo good!! The pancetta and the drink are part of the Taste of Florida series, so they may not be there in September - but everything looked so good!!

2 Likes

Toledo? I was so hoping it would open. I would rather that than Maya Grill.

1 Like

I may have gone a tad overboard in the DCL pop-up shop…

11 Likes

It’s your birthday… treat yourself! No shame!

3 Likes

Sigh. Fiqqst.

EDIT: Though as a gin fiend, I find that Barcelona makes an excellent spot for a before-dinner drink.

3 Likes

All good! They are both cities in Spain! :smiley:

Waiting in the lobby for my Lyft. I like being able to schedule them, but I do wish you could modify it to earlier.

Ah well.

Slight change… (shocking coming from me, I know!!) Doing Boathouse rather than Wine Bar George. Slightly less expensive and a known entity. Lol. But DELICIOUS!!

16 Likes

Cute pic! What does your cap say?

Seas Every Day

It is one of my DCL pop-up purchases.

3 Likes

I like it.

2 Likes

I have a tipsy duck today! :rofl::rofl:

And this is why I love this place… I asked about the Shrimp & Grits figuring they were not gonna be safe because the cheese is beer cheese. But the manager I spoke with said she would ask if there was any option for them. I told her if not I was cool with the filet mignon sliders.

She came back and told me chef is making plain grits from scratch and mixing them with a different cheese for me so I can have them!!

THAT is amazing service!!

22 Likes