The Trip Where I Turn 50 In The Same Year As Magic Kingdom!

Spent most of the day at Epcot - focused on Future World.

I did go back to the Greece booth and get the Griddled Cheese with Honey (had them hold the pistachios)

Came back to CSR to chill before meeting a friend for dinner at Three Bridges. SOOOO yummy!!

Our server brought the one churro for my birthday since we were too stuffed for a full order.

Part of me wants to go float in the pool, but the other part of me feels like a stuffed walrus. Lol.

22 Likes

Gluten free, I hope? :joy:

My GF friend and I tried Erin McKenna’s last October. It was … disappointing.

1 Like

was the Greek cheese great?! So want this…

2 Likes

Yep.

1 Like

It was sooooo good!! I mean, it is cheese with a crispy layer and honey! What is not to love??

9 Likes

Yeah - I found it disappointing when it was “Babycakes NYC” and still as disappointing with her name attached.

Really? Huh. More for me then :wink: I love McKenna. I’ve even been known to take a special trip into the city just to get some. The Samoa donut is my favorite.

It is dry and tasteless. Every single thing I have had. I would rather have no dessert than waste calories on it. I think a lot people get wrapped up with “OMG GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGAN DESSERTS” that they convince themselves it is good. I’m not falling for it.

Even Sprinkles gluten free cupcake is better.

1 Like

So nice to be meeting friends on your birthday trip.

Bad food aside, where are you not reporting from today??? :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh the food has been fine! I avoid eating the previously discussed baked goods. :rofl::rofl:

Disney Springs and Epcot. Though it may be a bit more austere than I had planned because the City of New York apparently decided to risk disobeying arbitration and NOT pay us our final retro payment today as promised. I’m NOT happy with them right now (nor are any other teachers).

3 Likes

So, I looked this up and I see you were supposed to receive the other half that was owed to you. Was this from the 2019-20 school year?

This was retro pay from the 10 years we worked without a contract or raises under Bloomberg. The UFT agreed to a “payment plan” so as not to bankrupt the city when the negotiations happened. We were supposed to get the final payment in October and a week before the City pulled a “we can’t afford it” but immediate arbitration was implemented and the supposedly binding decision by the arbitrator was that they could divide it in 2 parts with the final part to be paid in July. Initially it was going to be the second paycheck, but I’m May we were informed that it would be a separate payment (and we all figured direct deposit because the wording never said “paper check to be mailed”) today for most and tomorrow for another group.

No one got a payment today. Twitter is kinda hot on the thread under the UFT’s tweet that we would “be made whole”. And I would guess their phone lines are going to be crazier than Disney’s on a BooBash release date when they open. I’m not the only one who needed that money.

4 Likes

Wow, unbelievable. I hope it is made right for you (and all the teachers) ASAP. I also hope you find some extra Disney magic today to make up for it!

3 Likes

Perhaps bad was the wrong word; maybe objectionable was more appropriate. :laughing:

Bummer about the retro payment!!

2 Likes

Haha! The cookies LOOKED fine. They just didn’t survive a bag in my bag.

Yeah. I called the UFT and my phone rep was super nice. As soon as I said I was a teacher she asked if this was about the retro so that she could open the right file. She said they are being told it WAS sent and to keep checking the bank account and if it is not there in the morning to call back. They are definitely aware of an issue. (And my guess is this is not going to make Mulgrew super amenable to negotiating the amount of compensation we should get for the 2020 spring break they took away at the last minute.)

2 Likes

On the bus to Disney Springs! I think on Sunday - when I have a 10:30 brunch - I will go to a park and then bus to Saratoga and walk from there to make sure. What stop at Saratoga do I want to get off at?

13 Likes

Congress Park

1 Like

Thanks! Looks like I would just make it but barely if I did the bus directly here assuming it runs the same.

Wandered around a bit…

Merida would kill me slowly and without remorse…

Now at BOATHOUSE!!

Food hath been ordered!

26 Likes