The Trip That Wouldn't Be

Hakuna Matata bus just pulled up so photo is a bit blurry.

Now sitting in sunshine - weak - in Pandora with a hot cocoa waiting for the FoP riders.
Half a shot of schnapps would greatly improve this already awesome beverage, this morning!

3 Likes

So glad you have been able to make this trip! It has been cold here in the Lou this past week and reading about your trip has helped! :blush:

1 Like

We’ve gone from sweat pouring off our faces early to cold today. It’s a forecast of what we’ll have at home. :smirk:

Glad to have helped! Your time will come!

Got to the top, after the bridge, and turned to look at the tree. It seemed to be saying, good bye till next time . . .

We had thought we’d be back later to close AK at 8 tonight but Yak and Yeti lunch was not kind to DN and her milk allergy.
Hopefully she’ll be ok for MK tomorrow. We have a Whispering Canyon ADR for lunch. Kona and Coral Reef were good, milk allergy wise.

6 Likes

Packed up and out of Saratoga Springs by 8 am. On a MK bus from Coronado Springs by 8:30. “Room not quite ready” message.

Headed straight to Buzz. Buzz is fun even if you’re parked for a minute in front of a target and your score doesn’t move. :rofl:

Now getting caffeinated beverages.

5 Likes

After Tomorrowland, we boated to Wilderness Lodge for lunch at Whispering Canyon. Also shopping and rocking chair sitting.

5 Likes

Back at MK we did a few more rides, some shopping (necessities such as cotton candy) and then bused to Coronado Springs where we checked out our Casita Room.

Bye MK and Castle . . .

4 Likes

In our Casitas Room we had a Mickey towel head and pictures of DGN’s favorite characters

Walked up to Three Bridges for supper and then crashed as soon as we were back in our room.

3 Likes

Up and packed in van early. Bye bye WDW, until next time.

7 Likes

Final thoughts.

Covid safety: we saw mostly mask compliance. In 6 days I heard 3 CMs ask a guest to pull a mask up. Distancing wise, on day 1 we were that family stepping too far in a line. By day 2, we had it figured out. I didn’t notice being crowded from behind. There was congestion at times on walkways in parks. Not horrible considering how close we were to Christmas. I can’t speak to feeling safe or unsafe; if we’re going somewhere with crowds, covid just is a possibility. We ate inside at 4 restaurants; tables were spaced apart, all CMs masked and some shielded.
Lines/rides: we never ride a lot of rides any time we visit. Probably rode a few less. Lines mostly moved along. Some rides seemed very much in need of maintenance.
Characters: loved the cavalcades and the characters up on balconies. Liked seeing Gepetto and Rabbit. Storm Troopers. Chewey. This could be kept.
We rarely watch a show, so didn’t miss shows.
Food: major disappointment. Not much variety on the menu. It’s even worse if you’ve a dairy allergy. Kinda eat the same thing over and over.
Lodging: love Saratoga Springs upgrade. Our 2 bedroom was awesome. Trash was dumped by CM every day. We got towels half way. NO LUGGAGE CARTS. As we were there a week, a cart would have been handy. We did call for help from bell services but got tired of waiting and lugged our stuff ourselves. We were told no carts because they couldn’t be cleaned. Yet luggage carts were available and being used at Coronado Springs.
Buses: rarely waited on a bus when leaving a park. Morning buses were sometimes a wait. Bus drivers came off the bus and assigned seats
Shopping: the Emporium was the only shop we saw a line waiting to enter. We were tired, so passing on more shopping. Our biggest hurdle at any shop was finding the in door. We always found the exit first. :rofl: And we found plenty to buy.
Weather and clothing: way warm and muggy early in our stay. Quite chilly towards the end of the week. Lots of spirit jerseys, red plaid flannel shirts. And onesie jammies. Whole families in jammies. Also gobs of yoga pants. We had winter wear on our shopping list.

I think that sums up the final thoughts. Definitely a mixed bag. Pretty much like our Photo pass photographers. :thinking:

I’m glad I went. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Remembered additional info on food ordering at WDW in December 2020: my phone and DS’s phone don’t read the menu QR codes at table service restaurants. Plain Samsung el cheapo phones from 2017. Maybe J7.
DN’s and DGN’s Samsung S10e phones read QR codes just fine.
DS did mobile ordering a lot. At table service restaurants I looked up menus on My Disney Experience.