The Trip That Wouldn't Be

DN says, on Sunday before having gone into a park, we really want to ride rides. Me: ok.

So Sunday she’s teary eyed over the MK cavalcades. Loves the Castle at night.

Today at AK she sidetracks, while on a mission to a restroom, for a photo of Pocahontas. Spends a bunch of time watching her flamingos and then sees the vultures nest building. Those noisy primates in Asia were good for several minutes. And then this:

6 Likes

DS, DN and DGN did get on FoP with about a 10 min wait. Walked on to Dino next. Finished our rides du jour with EE. Not a long wait there either.

Darkish clouds have been building all morning and we’re feeling the occasional drop, so we’re headed toward Satu’li Canteen. DGN finally spots the Starbucks so veers off with DN while DS and I mobile order food. That went smoothly, and while we’re eating yummy food in the restaurant, the rain passes over.

Back at the Springs now, even DGN wanted rest time.

@Julianne_fki, here’s another photo of the Murphy bed in the living room, note the vertical dark handle. And, I realized, this 2 br comes with a sleek modern version of a fainting couch.

6 Likes

That is such a nice way to get an extra bed in.

1 Like

Yes. A cousin showed me stuff like this couch bed and the table (prev photo) by it maybe 7 years ago. There was a bed over a desk and other handy transitions. Great for small apartments. Or DVC.

It was really expensive back then. Never thought I’d get the chance to actually see such cool stuff.

smh - go to WDW and be amazed by the furniture. :joy:

3 Likes

Cooling off in Mexico, mid afternoon. We didn’t go back to AK as we all slept instead. Ordered food from an Asian place, played Rummi kube while watching Solo and then Endgame.

Slept in. When we leave Mexico we’re headed to China and Japan. And maybe Future World.

3 Likes

According to DN, Best. Martini. Ever. At Coral Reef. We were walk ups at about 7 pm after Soarin over the World. We literally walked up and said is there availability? No walk up time was showing in the app.

Walking through WS we saw character cavalcades. Really liking those. And social distancing.

5 Likes

Btw, that’s dairy free butter in the photo also.

:grin:

Good night Epcot.

Resort day tomorrow.

6 Likes

One must ask - what kind of martini was this?

Idk! I heard her ask even. Regular martini, straight up, with a twist. DN said the last place she ordered one - somewhere in TX - she had to send it back 3 times, the bartender couldn’t get it right.
Oh, wait, she’s back from getting Mickey ice creams at Artist Palette.
“Vodka dry with a lemon twist up.”

Says it was the best ever. But maybe after the last time . . .

We just finished watching the live action Mulan.

Excellent movie. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Vodka.

Does she happen to know what label?

Um, again, idk, and she and DS are out on a chow run. I’ll ask. :grin:

eta: I should have said previously, vodka martini, dry with a twist.

It’s been decades since I’ve been drinking much of anything but water, so I’m out of practice. :confused:

1 Like

At HS, boarding group 55. Rest of group is in line for Tower of Terror. I’m people watching and enjoying the music.

Admittedly we did not even approximate rope drop. It’s a cool gray morning, after a late night yesterday, watching movies and doing a Peter Pan jig saw puzzle.

Main tip: anticipate meal times.
:joy:

This is perhaps our greatest change. Most of our favorite restaurants for which we’d have ADRs are closed. It’s taking a minute to get used to mobile ordering, before we’re starving.

It’s also somewhat unnerving to order allergy free food without first speaking to someone. Coral Reef felt so “normal”. :gift_heart:

7 Likes

People watching is the best! I’ve been doing a lot of puzzles during the pandemic (enforced isolation at work) so I’m curious about your Peter Pan puzzle. Is it a good one?

It apparently is. DN can do a decent jig saw puzzle in a couple of days. With DS helping they usually start a new one every other day. We opened this one either Saturday evening or Sunday morning. I doubt we’ll get to the Mulan one I brought. I’ll try to see what the name is.

In other news I scored a 77,000 on TSM which is a huge jump over my previous score on the 2018 (broken arm) trip: 28,000. :sunglasses: I’m a happy camper.

3 Likes

I am not so good at the aiming and shooting games. DD’s always beat me pretty badly. But it’s fun!

1 Like

Everyone beats me but I cheated and looked up the Buzz Lightyear secrets and I finally beat them this last trip. Felt so darn good. lol

7 Likes

Thomas Kinkade by Disney. Mulan, also. I bought the Mulan this year at Target. I don’t know when or where DN bought Peter Pan, tho it was one of the puzzles she brought to Disney in 2019.

3 Likes

Favorite photo from a cavalcade this afternoon. I was videoing for the great grandkids and occasionally taking a still photo. Managed to give Buzz a little extra about the noggin.
DS and DN were shopping while DGN and I held down a bench for awhile.

DGN is a huge fan of RotR. She loves that whole experience. Little miffed Disney only allows one ride a day.

Tomorrow is an AK repeat.

4 Likes

We’ve done a ton of these and they are a ton of fun! Some harder than others.

2 Likes