The #TornadoBrothers and Spontaneous Spring Break in WDW

We are having a great day! Longer update a little later, but George has confirmed the best naps at WDW will forever be in the Hall of Presidents.

7 Likes

Yep, that’s DH!
We’ve been playing alternating “who’s the favorite parent” with George today and it’s actually working well! Hahah

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s from Etsy. He asked me specifically to get him a “funny” Disney shirt. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Just got checked in and our room is beautiful!
Recap of the day so far, starting after BTMRR.

George loved BTMRR! He’s such a daredevil. He just barely was tall enough- he hits that 40” marker only if he stands up completely tall and straight.

Next we had a LL for Splash. When we got to the front of the LL line, the ride was down. We waited about 15 mins then were able to get on. I love this ride- it’s been a long time since I’ve been on it because I always skipped it to stay out with the kids while the others rode. Lots of fun though.

After splash we went to HM - we had a DAS that we grabbed after tapping in for the space DAS. Haunted mansion will always be my favorite.

After HM, we went to Diamond horseshoe for lunch and it was delicious. Ooey gooey toffee cake :grin:The tornadoes ate basically nothing until dessert which they happily indulged in.
After HM, we had our pre-booked JC DAS. This was about a 20 min wait for the lightning lane.
Next we did our SDMT DAS. Everyone loved this ride, George wanted to go again but with a 110 standby line that was a big no!
We walked back for our Pirates LL, then did HoP, then IaSW DAS.
The tornado crew went to Barnstormer DAS while I went back to HoP for our stroller (we had left it there because a parade came through and we couldn’t get back to it).
Then we headed out- I stopped by guest services because BIL GF wasn’t showing up on my DAS, then we headed out.
BUSY day but lots of good luck with DAS and LL.
We are chilling in the room now and walking to EPCOT for dinner shortly.

11 Likes

Oh boy! :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Wonderful day! Cutie pie boys! So happy to see everyone having fun!

2 Likes

Goodness, what a day!
After about an hour break, we walked over to EPCOT for dinner and a couple quick rides.
We got a LL for Soarin and a DAS for FEA.
We got the tornadoes some chicken nuggets from the refreshment port (because they were begging for chicken nuggets) and the loved them and were happy.
Both boys were getting pretty tired and wild, but they were troopers all day!
As we walked to soarin, we stopped by figment because DH said he had never been on it. Since it was a walk on we jumped in line. The tornadoes loved the music and although it doesn’t live up to the original, it’s not terrible.
George LOVED soarin. He chattered the whole time with a running commentary on what what’s happening.
We walked on over and did our DAS for FEA and then walked alllllll the way around world showcase back to the IG and home to yacht club. Harmonious was happening while we were taking our walk around so that was fun for a little extra excitement.
The boys were adamant that they were not tired, but George fell asleep during our walk even with the fireworks in the background.
We are all exhausted but we had a fantastic day!
HS tomorrow!

11 Likes

Hope y’all get some rest tonight! Can’t wait to see what you’re up to tomorrow.

3 Likes

We are of and running!
George woke up happy but quickly turned into an impatient grump bucket while waiting for BIL and GF to get here, but he’s super happy now that we are going.
We walked from Yacht Club to HS this morning- it took us about 18 mins and it was a pretty walk. Made it through security by 7:38 and held at the first check point until 7:50. Tapped in and walked to TSL, let on TSM right at 8. Rode twice with no wait, and grabbed a DAS for Rise while walking. Did aliens once with no wait and now the crew is doing it a second time with a 15 min wait while I sit it out.
Rise is next, then we will grab a SDD DAS and likely do MMRR standby while we wait for the return time.
Beautiful weather so far!

10 Likes

We all just completely crashed and I slept better than I have in months!
When you are that tired, your brain finally gives you s break from the overthinking, I guess.
Much needed rest for sure.

5 Likes

LOVE this!

6 Likes

They alternate from best friends to mortal enemies, so I try to capture the friendly moments :joy:

4 Likes

Lots to catch up on, I’ve got a minute while George is napping and everyone else is in Mexico.

After aliens twice this morning, we went on ROtR. George completely bought in to the story and was so excited when we escaped.
We then walked to muppets and the Mickey vacation short.
Then it was time for our SDD DAS, so we walked back to TSL for that. Then we went to pizza rizzo for lunch and a little down time.
After lunch we had MMRR DAS and MFSR LL. George was a gunner and Russell was a pilot and I have a Hilarious video of how excited they both were.
We then did ST with DAS and I still hate this ride. I have never liked it and it hasn’t changed. George and Russell liked seeing Chewbacca and C-3PO though.

Biggest issue we’ve had today has been George having a meltdown when we get off a ride and can’t do it again immediately. I’m so glad he’s finally getting to ride everything but he just doesn’t understand that we if skip the lines once doesn’t mean we can keep skipping them all day!
Uploading: 67F9E668-7606-41FF-A815-500397504F2C.jpeg…
Uploading: 2D3701BD-D586-4B2A-8181-6B3B336DC2B6.jpeg…
Uploading: F37724AA-366A-446B-A608-FE081AB13F04.jpeg…
Processing: 7914889C-9291-42BB-A889-4DE5A71C1577.jpeg…
Uploading: F6FD3C16-C9C0-47F7-A715-44F73AD47B4F.jpeg…

3 Likes

I’ll come back and add pictures if they won’t load for whatever reason

7 Likes

We took the skyliner from HS to EPCOT. We weren’t able to get a Remys DAS last night since it was down, so we wanted to try again today.
Remys was down when we got here, so we found a shady place in France and DH and BIL GF went to get ice cream while we waited to see if it would come back up.
We took a long break in the shade, Remys came back online and I grabbed a DAS for it and a LL for TT at the 3:32 drop. We did the BatB sing along, George fell asleep and is still sleeping while everyone else is in the Mexico boat ride.
I’m about ready to call it a day soon! Haha but it has been a good one so far.

9 Likes

After Mexico and George’s short nap, we did TT using the LL.
Both boys LOVED designing their cars. They looked like comic book/superhero vehicles.
After TT, we went back to Mexico and ate at La Catrina. I had the empanadas and they were sooooo good! I realized I hadn’t eaten anything since lunch, where I had just the Caesar side salad, and I was actually really hungry. Empanadas hit the spot. Russell had chicken tenders and ate very well. George ate a whole side of rice. Both boys are really well at both lunch and dinner, and you don’t know how much of a struggle this is for me and how happy it makes me. After Russell started his ADHD meds, he stopped eating and lost 10% of his body weight. It took us over 6 months to get him to gain back what he’d lost. It’s a fine line between pushing him to eat because we know he needs to and letting him listen to his own body. So two good meals from both boys today is the biggest victory of the trip.
After dinner, we walked back to do Remys. George had a huge meltdown (he was very tired) and I was on my last ounce of patience. But we all loved Remys. Then it was straight to the hotel for me and George- we showered and George was asleep by 8:40. Ryan and Russell went to the pool for over an hour and had a great time.

Back to HS tomorrow morning, but hopefully we have a slightly more relaxing afternoon! My legs are hating me for pushing them so hard!

9 Likes

Well, I dropped off the trip report so quick update.
When we got home Thursday morning, I woke up with a splitting headache and tested positive for COVID.
No one else has caught it even after spending 14 hours in the van with me Wednesday.
I’m feeling much better now, Thursday and Friday were pretty blah.

I’ll circle back later this evening with a recap of day 3 and the trip overall.

3 Likes

Oh, well, at least it was after the trip, and not during. Glad you made it home safely.

3 Likes

Geez that sucks. Glad you’re feeling better now. Hope no one else shows symptoms.

2 Likes