The #TornadoBrothers and Spontaneous Spring Break in WDW

HS and Epcot she will not be allowed in and held at the taps. At AK she will be able to go in but will have to wait on the right side of the Oasis. MK she will be able to go into the hub but not into either land that is open for on site guests.

5 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Thank you. Both days when this will be a problem are at HS. So I think DH, the tornadoes and I will just go on back to TSL and rope drop SDD/TSM and then BIL and GF can meet us either at SDD or MMRR whenever they can get in.
I’m satisfied with this plan and it makes it easier than if there was some ambiguity and “well maybe the CM will let her in” I would rather just be like sorry, meet you in half an hour.

5 Likes

Can someone tell me what time you can get your first day of DAS selection? I would assume it’s after the official park opening since it’s all based on standby waits. I have been looking at DAS availability a lot and I’m very pleased with the options we are going to have by using this service.
Lightning lanes are making me a little crazy trying to figure out what we should plan on getting at the first drop vs what we should use DAS for.

2 Likes

As soon as you tap into the park, I believe.

3 Likes

We were able to get ours as soon as early entry began, after tapping into the parks.

4 Likes

So sorry for all of the losses you’ve had. Best wishes for a wonderful trip and time together. May it be just the happiness you need!

3 Likes

Russell is wise!!

You can make make your first DAS as soon as the park is open, even early entry as long as your tapped in. You could get one and still ride other things without a wait as DAS I’m park selections don’t expire. You just can’t make a new one until you use the first one.

4 Likes

Also, a wrote a small essay :joy: on DAS tips in another thread from a few days ago. If you search on DAS here, you’ll probably find it. It may be helpful.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry for your losses. I lost my mom a year ago and still have sad times missing her. Disney can be bright spot to focus on for a bit when needed. I hope all the special moments you’ll be having on the trip bring joy to you all!

3 Likes

The #TornadoBrothers are getting ready to get in the car and head to the Magic Kingdom tomorrow!
We are leaving here around 6PM, driving straight down.
Hoping for good weather and lots of patience!

20 Likes

Wishing you a whirly-swirly good time! Can’t wait to follow you!

7 Likes

Looking forward to following your trip! Your boys are adorable! I have two boys also, but they are a bit older, 13 and 7. Our last trip they were 9 and 4, so kinda close to what yours are now :blush:

6 Likes

We are about an hour away! It’s been a long night but everyone is excited and antsy!
I don’t do a live report, but I will update throughout the day when I have time, so if you’re following along, I’m happy you’re here!

Quick review of my travel party because I have a hard time sticking to the letters instead of names.
Me (Amy), DH (Ryan), BIL (Dale) BIL GF (Katie) DS7 (Russell) and DS3 (George).
I have referred to my children as tornadoes since Russell was about a year and a half, and it’s just stuck. It is fitting for these two crazy boys.

Loose plans: Since this trip has to adjust depending on when Ryan can meet his business colleague, we are basically making very loose plans and doing what we can. We have Genie+, 3 day park hoppers, and DAS. We are staying at Yacht Club.
MK today , DHS tomorrow and Tuesday. Afternoons are completely flexible so we will spend the mornings at our first park and then decide what we do depending on our mood.
This is a different trip than I’m used to- I typically have everything planned as much as possible, so I’m kind of looking forward to a go where the wind takes us trip.
The kids have been excellent in the car this trip. With 6 people in the van it was more crowded than usual but they are so ready for Disney they are being champs.
About 2AM George woke up and I had to convince home to go back to sleep. He said “but if I go to sleep Disney world will be over!” Haha he fell back asleep as soon as I assured him this was not true.

I am ready for some COFFEE. See you from the world in a few hours!

16 Likes

Fun day so far!
We parked around 7:45, grabbed the ferry and tapped in the park around 8:15.
We were held at Tomorrowland entrance until 8:25, where they checked just one person in our party to make sure we were hotel guests and then let the rest of us in.
We headed straight to Buzz with no wait and did it 3 times.
While in line for Buzz I grabbed a DAS return for Space at 8:50.
While everyone else did Space, George and I went for Cheshire Cat tails and coffee and met everyone outside Dumbo.
Dumbo was posted 25 and we waited 25.
After dumbo we jumped in line for LM. It was posted 10, we waited 15 and then it went down twice during our ride.
We booked it across the park to make it to BTMRR in time for the end of our pre-booked DAS window at 10:30. George measured just barely tall enough at the first measuring stick, and they are in line now, so hopefully he gets to ride! (BTMRR gives me a headache so I skip it and I’m checking in with you guys!)
Next we have LL for Splash, then DAS for HM, then lunch!

Uploading: A2664DB9-1B7D-4F7F-BA4C-EB4FABB0EAEE.jpeg…
Processing: 16ED8861-877F-4F59-8809-F5DCB48A9E41.jpeg…
Uploading: D375BAC2-D362-475D-8D16-E79E0254D698.jpeg…
Uploading: CFBAC46A-9EA0-4816-A021-01AB2CA6A1C8.jpeg…

9 Likes

10 Likes

Fun day! Just a fyi, but you can only upload 5 pics at a time now on forum. Recent change.

2 Likes

I love your DH’s shirt!

5 Likes

That is a great pic of George and grownup man (?DH) on Buzz!

3 Likes

I sure am happy to get some Tornado Brothers this morning! Everybody looks great after driving all night!

3 Likes