The #TornadoBrothers and Spontaneous Spring Break in WDW

Hi Friends!
I’ve been MIA for a while and now I’m back! After my dad passed in August, I took a short break from the forums because I was getting slightly obsessive about staying informed about all things Disney when we didn’t have any intentions of going on a trip for at least a year.
I ended up also losing my sweet dog of 15 years in September and then my Granny in January. It has been a very rough few months.
My DH has been pushing for a Disney trip and I’ve been saying no, with the caveat that George (formerly DS2, now DS3) needed to reach 40" and be medicated for his ADHD before we go back.
Well, my DH had a business trip pop up in Winter Garden, FL and basically said, let’s just go to Disney before hand, so I said SOLD.
We are going Sunday March 27 through Wed March 30, staying at Yacht Club with 3 day park hoppers. Planning on one full day of MK, then two mornings at HS and evenings at EPCOT since we’re at YC.
I’m working on figuring out all things Genie+ and also getting the advanced DAS registration.
And BONUS - We measured George last night and he’s 40". He is SO EXCITED he can ride all the things and said he wants to ride Slinky Dog Dash and the Tower of Terror :slight_smile: My little crazy adventurer.

Excited to be returning to the world and planning on a hit the highlights type trip. We know there are crazy crowds and its definitely not going to be the same experience as the last few trips but we are ready for a break and what better way to spend it!

31 Likes

I’m so sorry for all the loss you have experienced!

Hooray!!!

I’m so glad you’re going! Can’t wait to follow you :slight_smile:

9 Likes

What a rough year! I’m so sorry for your losses. Glad you are back and prepping for more WDW adventures. Can’t wait to follow along with you and your new little dare devil.

3 Likes

I am so sorry you have had such a rough year.
Yay for George reaching 40 inches–that’s exciting.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry about all of your losses. It’s difficult enough to deal with losing one loved one, let alone three within a short span of time. I hope you’re hanging in there and I’m glad you get this trip to Disney to sooth your soul!

I love me some Tornado Brothers, so I’m super pumped to follow along when it’s time. :grin:

5 Likes

I had missed how supportive this forum is! You all are all fantastic!
I appreciate the kind words. I definitely still have some sad moments but most of my days are better now.
Also, Russell (DS7) has informed me he will NOT be riding tower of terror :grin:.
Glad you all are coming along for the ride with my crazy crew.
It wouldn’t be a Disney trip without you!

13 Likes

What a rough past year! You NEED Disney! I’m excited for ya’ll! DAS will work in your favor with the crowds.

4 Likes

I’m with Russell. Smart guy. :blush:

5 Likes

#I’mwithRussell

6 Likes

Big virtual hug to you! So sorry for all your losses.

2 Likes

Ok, first question. Yesterday, my BIL’s girlfriend decided that she was going to come on the trip with us. She and BIL will fly down and meet us at MK on Sunday and they will stay at another hotel off property (She has a time share of some sort I believe).
BIL is on our reservation because he was originally included in our party. Girlfriend is not. We’ve got her tickets and she’s linked in MDE. My main question is- is there any loophole that will allow her to enter the parks with us 30 mins early on Monday and Tuesday? She’s not on our hotel reservation but the other 5 of us are.
I am assuming there’s no way to work around this and she’ll just have to join 30 mins later, but thought I’d check with the experts.

Add her to your reservation? I think that’s the only way.

2 Likes

We have 5 people on our room already so I don’t think we can add her.

1 Like

Yeah I think she’s sol then unless they get a room onsite. She can probably get in most parks early, but not be able to get to any rides until the 30 minutes is over.

2 Likes

Ok, this actually works. If she can get in the park when we do, it won’t be a huge issue for her to skip a couple turns on toy story mania while waiting for that first half hour to pass.
Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Be aware though that they may hold her at taps. IIRC sometimes folks are reporting a separate line for offsite guests.

2 Likes

Fair enough. We will give it a try and if they hold her then my BIL will just have to wait with her. That’s what happens when you’re indecisive.
(Seriously, these two once spent 12 mins at a subway trying to decide if they were going to split a foot long or get two separate sandwiches.) They also have never been on time for anything in their life, either individually or as a couple. There’s a strong chance they don’t even make it to the park in time for early entry.
My DH and I have take the philosophy that they can either keep up with our plans or they have to fend for themselves.

5 Likes

Sometimes that’s the best way - keeps everyone as happy as possible

6 Likes

Agreed. I’m definitely a peace keeper and people pleaser so I will make an effort but at the same time, they are adults in their almost 40s so they will be fine.
My DH keeps me in check with the people pleasing and makes sure I actually take care of myself too!

5 Likes

Oof. In that case I’d give them your itinerary and let them join you when they can.

2 Likes