The ride overhaul game

I agree, I did get to the end of Inside Out but I could not have been more bored and I have no interest in trying it again. I actually felt the same about Up.

1 Like

I agree, but would argue that might be the point-to have contrast (even if exaggerated) between the mundane existence one may see on the outside vs what’s actually at play in one’s head.

I know for myself personally, I’m often seen as boring because I don’t say much and don’t do a lot of exciting things, but can relate to all of the facets of my personality trying to coexist on a sliding scale of peace and intense conflict that no one else sees. Definitely one of my Pixar faves.

2 Likes

It wasn’t that they were super boring as much as they all seemed so unlikeable. Wimpy parents or something. It’s been a while.

I can see that. The parts I liked I really liked. But it’s really not repeatable. Same with Wall•E.

So - how is it that I was thinking this was the movie thread…

2 Likes

I really didn’t enjoy Wall E either.

1 Like

I thought Wall E was clever. I enjoyed it. But definitely not a favorite for me.

Interestingly, Wall E was the FIRST film that Pixar envisioned making, but it didn’t actually get made until much later.

When is Home on the Range meant to be? The blurb I’ve found says old West.

Covers a lot of ground.

2 Likes

Oh, that one. If you’ve ever seen it you can appreciate how I could have completely forgotten it. I’ve seen all of the Disney animated films, and this, along with the possibly worse Chicken Little, firmly anchor the bottom of my list. I really can’t recommend either to anyone unless they’re a Disney animation geek like me and want to be able to say you’ve seen every one of them.

2 Likes

It’s certainly getting my vote when @Jeff_AZ does the Pixar poll… :yellow_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

I’m going to struggle. Because my FAVORITE Pixar film is, hands down, no questions asked, The Incredibles. I can watch that movie over and over and over and over. Love the music, the animation style, the concept, etc. BUT, I also recognize that Inside Out is, as films go, a superior film!

3 Likes

I just jumped back in from #214 and only realised it wasn’t when I read this :woman_facepalming:t4::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Instead of Pixar maybe change ToT to Nightmare Before Christmas? Travel through Halloween Town at start of ride. The drops could be falling down different doors to the different holiday lands, and/or to Oogie Boogies lair. (This is all theoretical as I have never ridden it.)

3 Likes

:astonished:

My kids are young and we ride everything together. DD7 is adamant that we are going to ride ToT next trip though. (She is the one that had to be manhandled to ride the carousel in 2018, and we sat on the bench not a horse - how far we have come!)

In preparation we have been watching ride throughs. ToT is like this, right?:

3 Likes

I do like the Incredible a lot. But probably like Monsters and MU moreso.

1 Like

From the guy who’d never seen Bambi :woman_shrugging:t4::rofl:

4 Likes

Touche!

1 Like

Ok, THAT was hilarious!! :rofl::rofl:
I wish we got stuff like this on UK TV!!

2 Likes

I’ve never been on Tower of Terror either. Splash Mt’s drop is not. enjoyable. at. all.

Can’t imagine putting up with random drops. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Or just leave it the way it is.

!!!

Ah, no.

2 Likes