“The Ocean chose ME!” A DCL Trip Report

A few years ago on our high school senior trip the hotel in Montreal had these nice ledges. Two of us sat with fried chicken, after dark, hidden by drapes, enjoying the city lights.

3 Likes

Amen!! Between the motion and the bed, I get my best sleep on cruises!

1 Like

I never figured train travel was bad - never had issues when I’ve been in Amtrak.

Now air travel… ESPECIALLY Southwest That is another story. Them voluntarily rearranging equipment; them fixing something that clearly was not flight-threatening since they flew in from Akron knowing it and then some brain trust breaking the screw… Not a good look.

3 Likes

Awesome tip!

If you’ve mostly been on Amtrak in the NE or short trips I’ve heard their on time record is as good as any public transportation.

And really, our last few trips have been almost boringly problem free. Like the MO to Chicago to DC to Miami trip in Nov 2017. We were two or three hours late arriving Miami, to be sure. But the car service was waiting. And we had nothing scheduled.

Amtrak in the 70s, 80s, and 90s was interesting. :blush:

2 Likes

I did! Clearly hadn’t finished catching up before I replied and did though :joy:. (Still replying before catching up now :shushing_face:)

6 Likes

What is your embarkation time.

1 Like

I didn’t realize this was your first Disney cruise!

1 Like

Oh goodness.

1 Like

Didn’t read whole thread yet, but “cat pee smell” = meth (aka methamphetamine). Sadly we smell it at work all the time.

5 Likes

That was our time for the Fantasy last month. Breezed straight on to the ship with our 11:44 port arrival.

2 Likes

Good morning from Miami!

I believe my ship is parked outside, waiting for me. But my roommate is still asleep so I couldn’t open the shade to look. Pretty bummed about that. It’s like waking up on Christmas and being told you can’t go out to see the presents yet. Oh well.

For now I am in the hotel lobby visiting all of you and sipping my coffee. It looks to be a lovely day out there and I can’t wait to get after it.

I slept like a log last night. After years and years of spending my first night in a new place sleeping poorly I recently finally learned to medicate. I took a benadryl as I said goodnight here and I was in sweet sweet deep deep sleep a few minutes later. I’ll probably do the same tonight because I hate sleeping poorly.

My port arrival time is 11:45. One of my colleagues was told by her Lyft driver to plan to leave here at 10? Geez it’s across the bridge! But he said traffic is awful and it will take a long time to get over there. It looks to be moving freely right now, but he probably knows better than us. We are not leaving that early but are looking to head out around 10:15-10:30.

I am not sure what to expect from today in terms of postability. But if nothing else I’ll check in later with maybe more pictures than words. We’ll see. I’ve never done this before :smiley:

30 Likes

Yes to traffic.

Not exactly the same, but we went from our hotel to FLL port and what could have been a few minute drive at an off time was 30 minutes bc droves of humans going to ships.

And yes to vacation Benadryl. :100:

5 Likes

Does the hotel not have a shuttle?

Oh, yeah. They always know - just like Disney bus drivers.

2 Likes

Have so much fun! My tip for you is “drink of the day”. Relatively cheap and is the perfect tropical touch. I was surprised that alcohol on DCL was less expensive than in the parks. We learned later in our cruise that alcohol had an automatic gratuity added and we had been adding a tip each time prior to that.

6 Likes

I’m not sure but we are already all set up

1 Like

Gah! There she is!!!

Sun glare makes it tough to get a good shot but she is beautiful!!

20 Likes

Brillant! I’m stealing this idea!

3 Likes