The Magic is calling... But maybe the universe has other plans...but we push on... Trip report

I love it. I would be the mom losing her sh*t. Can’t wait for that day! :rofl: (Although I did hold it together at DD18’s graduation in the rain last night!)

2 Likes

OH man! That’s just not right. I completely understand how small events (although the storms don’t sound small to me) can stack up and affect you. I hope things get better. In a way … not the day you wanted, but maybe better than those storms in a park?

3 Likes

I didn’t realise how upset she was and I got off and said excitedly that BTMRR was up and we should go and ride that with our bonus FP and she completely lost it! DS and I went and rode it anyway (I was furiously texting DH about her all the way :joy:) and by the time we got there it was bright sunshine. At lunch we were given another bonus FP and they used theirs to do 7DMT again. Different energy in this pic I think you’ll agree.

9 Likes

FWIW their smiles are beautiful :heart:

3 Likes

I was going to say the same thing! Time for ice cream!

2 Likes

So sorry about the rough day! It’s ridiculous how badly rain can ruin a perfectly good day at WDW. You’d think with it being in Florida and all, they’d have figured out how to keep guests happy and entertained, but nope. It’s like “Enjoying suffering, ya’ll!” :joy: I hope looking back the memories will be better than the feelings in the moment.

4 Likes

In August, due to social distancing, when it started raining in Disney Springs, they locked the doors to the stores to keep people from coming in to stay dry. So, if you were outside when it started to rain…you just had to get soaked. They wouldn’t budge.

1 Like

Must be!!

:pensive:

I want one PERFECT drama free day for your little family!!!

6 Likes

That was what I told my son, better at the resort than at a park.

2 Likes

Alright, rain ended, went to Beaches and Cream and had a blast. Our waiter Matt was AMAZING! Seriously, this dude was flat out fun. Might be the best waiter I have had in all my trips here.
Started out by pranking my DS with this “ketchup” Sunday.

Now for the good stuff… Stout Float… Nice twist on a classic Stout.

Banana Split -

Mud Slide -

All were amazing.

Walked around Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin and ubered back for a little swinning/arcade to end the night.

We also decided on the whim to stay another night. Won’t get much more park time as we were going to fly out late on Thursday… But with DD, a full park day and flight home plus 2 hr drive and getting her cleaned up after all that at 1 am… Decided to not do that to ourselves. So used some extra points and moved flight and booked Carribean Beach for Thursday night. Have not done a resort switch before, so hoping it goes as smooth as our friends made it sound.

Up early again today to head to Hollywood. Going to try for rise at 7, if we get it great, but planning to hop, so doubt we try again at 1 if we do miss.

21 Likes

Now I want ice cream! I’m glad you guys had fun. Good call on the extra night. Have fun at HS!

3 Likes

Sorry I ghosted this the last couple days. Decided to spend less time on the phone. Going to try to catch this up a little as we wait to leave.

8 Likes

So Wednesday was HS day 2…not so lucky on rise this time. Was in within 10 sec I feel, but no dice. We decided to hop this day, so didn’t even try at 1.

On first bus, went for slinky rope drop and learned a valuable rider swap lesson… Don’t take whole family to front leave the two riding in line and take the kid riding twice band. We didn’t do this and it cost us about 40 min in line. Live and learn.

While DW and DS waited for slinky, I took DD and did MMRR and TSM. We got a DAS return time for MF and all rode Alien together. Did MF again, we do like this ride quiet a bit. I know some are not real impressed, but I think it was well done for what it is.

Rest of the morning was lunch at Docking Bay 7 (one of my favorite quick service). And a few more rides. Headed back to hotel to wait out another rain storm.

[

10 Likes

Issues up photos… Will add later

This happened to us too … only cost us maybe 20 minutes in line, but it was still annoying. They purposely held the rider swap distribution line for like 10 minutes after the ride opened, I think.

So Wednesday evening we hopped to Magic after the storms past. We were able to get. Lot of packing done for our resort swap and able to keep our plans a secret from the kids. Lines were great when we returned.

Went to 7D to RS, a little pixie, sent us straight in fast pass line all 4. DS and I rode, they held DW and DD right out side and put them on right after. Both were through in 20 min. Let DD pick all her rides in FL and finished the night in adventure land. Rode splash and they let us RS at 10 till. DW and DS were on the last train of the night. For only having less than 3 hrs… We did a lot! Very fun evening. Kids making comments about not wanting it to end that evening made me smile inside knowing it wasn’t!

8 Likes

Final Park Day… back to Magic Kingdom.

Best park for us this trip due to the amount of ride DD can ride. We decided to split up again to start. DD and DW took off to ride some rises in FL they enjoy and go do some shopping.

DS and I decided to do the 3 mountains (sorry 7 D, don’t consider you an original mountain…) started with Space around 10 till 8) and then headed to Splash and BTMRR. All done in about an hour and went for a bonus ride on Splash.

Met up with the girls at Gastons and DW and I split a Cin roll and kids had a gray stuff cupcake.

Did Iiberty boat for the first time, nice little trip. Off to Buzz for the last time and off to GF Cafe for lunch.

We were supposed to to do this our first full day with some friends but canceled due to my stomach bug. DW really wanted to check it out. Some was able to get another reservation. It did not disappoint. GF is very impressive and the Cafe was nice. Food was good and service great. I would do this again

So DD wanted to go back to MK and we still wanted to keep the surprise, so we went back to do adventure land. Pirates and carpets one last time with one last dole whip!

Off to the buses… Here is where the kids started to get confused when we load up for Carribean Beach… Comments were classic. Load up the bus and off we go. We get there and I Bell Services lined up, kids have a feeling, but not positive yet. Bell service load us up. When the kids ask, my DW got to tell them one more night! They were pumped…

Then more more pixie dust surprise… The upgraded our standard room to a pirate room! Son loved it. DD thought it was pretty cool too.

Off to the pool with DS and DD went to the beach with DW.

Hopped back to Epcot for our Final night.

Just took it easy walking around showcase. Did B&B sing along, boat ride in Mexico and finished the night on Frozen.

Also took skyliner for the first time, we liked them. Pretty cool.

Back to hotel after a great final park day.

Today we grabbed donuts and drink at Joffery’s by skyliner (quick walk from room) and took DS swimming one more time (huge bonus for him). DD and DW took skyliner to Rivera to check it out and back to the room for a late check out and off to the airport for a late afternoon flight home.

So glad we stayed an extra night. This was a relaxing departure day vs a very long and exhausting one we originally planned yesterday. With the way things started… We needed this ending!

Thank you for following along. I will add some summary comments and thoughts and also share some tips if someone ever finds themselves in the unfortunate situation of traveling with a cast/injury at Disney. I also appreciate the kind comments during the rough start. I am so glad to took the leap and still went. It was different, and sure had its challenging and frustrating moments… But overall another magical trip.

25 Likes

Yeah had me in hot water with DW… But it move faster than she thought it would and worked out in the end.

Overall, I will say we ran into a lot of issues or missteps with our rope drops this trip. First HS was great, but epcot was very slow to get on Soarin. AK was a mess with being told we could not rider swap FOP. 2nd MK day 7D was down at rope drop so we missed the benefit there. 2nd HD was the slinky dog misstep… Definitely didn’t tour like a liner this trip, lol…

2 Likes

OK…going to try to summarize the trip in some areas.

Resorts
Wilderness Lodge
First time DVC point rental. I am mixed on it overall. Resort common areas were great. Pools very nice though main pool was a little on the small side. Boulder Ridge room and hallways are showing age. DW was put off by the carpeting and condition… Again… Just showing age. Room size was great. Kept pull out extended entire trip and still had plenty of room to move around. With DD’s injury we made the call to keep her comfortable and in the main bed for the trip… This was a big ouch for me. Pull out was uncomfortable for my size and I am far from big. DW did OK on it, but still not great. DS was fine on in for the trip.

Food here was just OK. We didn’t have great food at Roaring Fork, so avoided it after the first couple days. Whispering Canyon for breakfast was solid.

Carribean Beach
Just one night, but we enjoyed the night there. Pirate room was cool, pool is great and the food court was solid for dinner. With the skyliner there now, I think I’d consider this again for sure.

12 Likes