The Magic is calling... But maybe the universe has other plans...but we push on... Trip report

Y’all look so happy! Sounds like a mostly great day.

2 Likes

What a day! 7DMT in heavy rain made my mum have an absolute meltdown on our last trip :joy:

3 Likes

Fantastic pics!

2 Likes

I am so glad that DAS is working out for your daughter! :heartbeat:

3 Likes

Oh my. You need the rest day today! Though any day that includes a Sleepy Hollow fruit and Nutella waffle can’t be all bad, can it?!

3 Likes

I would say so. Broken bus. Rides down. Vomiting guests. Clueless waitress.
Impressed you remained so positive.

9 Likes

My DW and i rode it in the rain once. it was actually painful! it felt like we were getting hit by needles. Luckily its a short ride :joy:

3 Likes

Oh it did hurt, DS and I kept our heads down to protect our faces and enjoyed the ride. But my mum totally lost her shit and started yelling at me in the middle of Fantasyland. To be fair to her, I think it was day 12 of our trip and we don’t have rest days. The pics still make me laugh.

10 Likes

Sorry for hijacking your trip report! @jeremy_dmiller

1 Like

:joy: its funny. breakdowns always seem like hell when it’s happening, but they’re the memories you always look back at and laugh :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love it! Especially love that you and DS look like you’re having the time of your lives! :blush:

2 Likes

Well… When your trip starts to 2 waves of a stomach bug, dislocated elbows, broken bones, and surgeries… Makes others things feel a little more tolerable :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m convinced for sure… Might have to go back to the well again on Thursday before we leave.

2 Likes

Don’t be at all… Those are classic… The ones I have of my DW are priceless… But I may disappear if I post them she says… :rofl:

4 Likes

Going to vent for a second… So if you don’t like needless complaining for the sake of complaining… Just skip this post…

Man… Can one day come and go without bumps? Really trying this just roll with it mentality… But man… This trip it testing me to the max. Even the sinple things are getting ran over by one thing or the other. In a vaccum… Not a big deal… But stacked up… Kinda starting to wear on me.

So today was a day of rest… DD can’t swim, so to Spring for shopping and DS and I were going to veg by the pool for the afternoon. 15% chance of rain…temps down a little, what could go wrong… I should know better to ask that.

Well started off good enough… Son found a group of kids in the pool to play with, DD and DW made it to the big Disney store… All good… Till June in fla happened and a large pop up surrounded the area… Pool cleared and DD and DW trapped in their first store for 90 min (rain might not trap all… But when you have a full arm cast that can’t get wet and only a poncho to cover… Not going far.

OK… We can kill some time and be back to the pool… Nope… Wave after wave all afternoon…pool never opened back up and shopping was a bust… They did make it to a phot place and got pics taken, but then headed back.

DS and I made due… Arcade, scavenger hunt for Hidden mickey (kinda cool)… But walked arpund all day with the dreaded backpack vs just chillin at the pool…

I know, likely not that bad… But man, just wanted one day to go as we had planned.

Oh well… Now that it is clearing up (of course) time to go to dining reservation at beaches and cream.

End vent… Hopefully positive me comes back next post.

8 Likes

I don’t think my mum would be thrilled :joy:

I’m sorry today has been a washout. Get everyone some ice cream and things might seem better. Especially if you get the kitchen sink!

5 Likes

15 Likes

Ice cream on the menu for sure… And a Guinness float for Dad.

8 Likes

I can feel your Mom’s anger in this picture! I’m sure at the time it wasn’t funny, but this picture seriously makes me smile now.

4 Likes

Love your shirts! Glad today (wait - yesterday?) went so much smoother … even considering the broken down bus and the rain! A testament to how much you’ve had to overcome thus far!!

2 Likes