The Lounge

Saw that idea from @kellymouse5 and found it brilliant! It would be nice to have a specific place that we can socialize without going off topic into others tread. What your thought on that?

13 Likes

I think it’s a great idea.

1 Like

I’m a fan! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I pretty much only socialize. I’m down

6 Likes

Like the idea of a socializing thread. I am a little confused right now, yet like the idea of being able to find topics by scrolling in a category rather than looking through saved postings in Chat.

1 Like

I’m confused also. Gravity still works and the sun hasn’t gone supernova. No meteor strike either. Based on how superheated chat has gotten, I expected to find any or all of those had happened.

5 Likes

The lounge will open soon for socializing threads. Until then carry on here.

5 Likes

Lounge? Is that going to be the chat replacement?

the lounge sounds like it will be a good time : )

1 Like

The Lounge is a section for anything people want to talk about without worry of going off the topic of Disney.

Initially, it’s only accessible after a certain number of posts.

No, we haven’t tied it to the number of posts in Chat.

No, I wouldn’t think of it as a Chat replacement. The forum (all of it) is a place to discuss Disney AND socialize.

I’m very thankful for this! It’s very frustrating to share some information just to have the post deleted without explanation. I’m hoping some of the restrictions from the old chat will be lifted. I know this site is dedicated to Disney planning but as we get to know each normal conversation is going to happen and only encourages interaction and more helpful responses.

3 Likes

Outer, I am so excited to see a picture!

1 Like

Does it show for you? It’s odd when I got to my profile I can see it but on my posts i’m invisible lol.

1 Like

I can see you Soulmate

2 Likes

So does it make me a total sociopath that I don’t share in the Revelation-grade lamentations, rending of garments, world-ending tribulations, &c &c over the move to a threaded board? Maybe just because this is the norm for just about every other site I frequent. I also seldom read from my phone (an antique Motorola Droid 3, with which I have no issues using this forum and unlimited data, also too) and like not having to wade through the Great Wall of Text to find interesting topics.

I freely acknowledge in advance my Touring Plans and WDW heresies add 1000RPM to Walt’s spinning corpse.

4 Likes

Yes, I need someplace to chill without some people complaining that we are having too much fun.

4 Likes

That it entirely @TianasPlace! I get so frustrated when we get chastised for a joke or just having fun.

Well some people can have too much fun. I contributed little of merit in chat, and can’t think of when I had a thread locked or Disappeared, but those punishments did seem to get meted out in an arbitrary way. There is also some deep irony in the most voluble and fulsome complainers about this change having been the first ones to jump on those who wondered where their thread went to not-so-subtly remind them that chat was for discussing park touring ONLY.

@TianasPlace I hope they will be serving drinks in our new lounge.

1 Like

Well if it was up to me @MagicMN, the bar would be open 24/7! I am still on the old lines chat, on phone and computer.

2 Likes