The Lightning Lane Thread! All WDW Info Here

Thanks for pressing on!!! All the info is sooooo appreciated :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Agreed, excellent start!!

3 Likes

Scott Gustin claims a 15 minute overlap:

https://x.com/ScottGustin/status/1806382247593013340

8 Likes

Jeff, Iā€™m impressed at the speed with which you assembled all this info! Kudos!

I have one suggestion for the community. Think of all the keystrokes we will save over the years if we shorten those abbreviations from LLMP and LLSP to LLM and LLS. Seems easier for reading comprehension too, as my brain quickly takes in the LL as Lightning Lane and then quickly adds on the M for Multi or S for Single, without that darn P getting in the way.

7 Likes

Another issue that will cause problems, especially for potential stacking plans. The no limit on overlap of G+ was a nice feature we didnā€™t have with FPP.

6 Likes

Interesting! That is new ā€” ADRs i think are assumed to last 90 min and FPP was simply no overlapping, I believe. This means they are doing new programming to achieve this.

6 Likes

Oh thatā€™s scary. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

So book everything as early as you can especially the Tier 1. Book a Tier 2 with a lot of downtime looking for MEP. Leave second Tier 2 open (if testing verifies this is possible) so can book 2nd Tier 1 ASAP, or book earliest Tier 2 you can.

Seriously BG1 might be more valuable with LLMP than it was with G+ with all the attempts to modify to earlier times.

8 Likes

Thank you Jeff_AZ. The last 2 trips weā€™ve made with our preschool age granddaughter who qualified for DAS so I didnā€™t really learn the G+ system. I am planning for our upcoming Dec trip and was just starting to get into learning the best G+ strategies. Having this thread will make that so much easier so thank you!

6 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m here for! :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks for raising this!

Hereā€™s my thoughts: LLMP and LLSP differ by only one character so visually itā€™s a bit hard to distinguish them when scanning posts. Under the old system we spoke of G+ and ILL and that worked fairly well to keep them separate, and to your point, they were fairly short in terms of keystrokes.

What if we abbreviated as LMP and SLL?

Granted, LMP doesnā€™t have the ā€˜LLā€™ as part of its name, but it does lend itself to a nickname of ā€˜Lampā€™ which sounds cool. SLL (Single Lightning Lane) is reverse order from the official Disney name but still readily understandable. And both LMP and SLL are short and fairly clear at first glance as to meaning.

^Lamp

4 Likes

Oh no. No, no, no. Thereā€™s no pattern here. Horrifying. Sorry.

:laughing:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the point. No pattern - LMP and SLL are very different from each other and wonā€™t be confused :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I would never remember how to abbreviate them that way :rofl:

3 Likes

Why not just MP or SP?

11 Likes

Better than LLMP/LLSP or whatever Joeā€™s pushing. (See, I canā€™t reproduce it without looking back at it :joy:)

4 Likes

I really liked your suggestion of LLM and LLS.

3 Likes

LMP AND SLL IS THE BEST THATS A FACTā€¦ oops sorry thought I was in the other thread :sunglasses:

^What, you donā€™t like what LaMPā€™s pushing? :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! another vote for MP & SP

10 Likes

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT JOE

200w

6 Likes