The Great British Castle and Baked Goods Tour 2022

Hope ds3 had fun w grandparents

2 Likes

Iā€™m a little mad that the forum is not liking my favorite picture!

Hiding from the midgies!

DH and I got a date in Inverary once we picked up the car. Just a few whiskies in stock.

I asked the bartender how to pronounce the one on the bottom, far left if you zoom. He goes ā€œwhisss-keeeā€. :rofl:

15 Likes

Oh Carson had a great day with Nana and Oma! Went into town and walked the Loch and had lunch. Heā€™s my ā€œpickyā€ eater and didnā€™t like his Mac and cheese but ate a whole bowl of peasā€¦

2 Likes

So which photo is it we havenā€™t ā€œheartedā€?

And the pronunciation question, wis it Laphroaig? I think thatā€™s

la froyg

Now bonus question for anyone except @Shmebulock, how do you pronounce this whisky?

Bunnahabhain

2 Likes

That is the one I was asking about!

I also got a chuckle out of our tour guide when I asked what Irn Bru was! (Urnā€¦)

3 Likes

Ok this is the picture that I think is too big so hereā€™s a screenshot!

I have to give our guide extra credit for the idea!

15 Likes

Ah, OK. I like that one, itā€™s very, very smooth. I bought some for DH once instead of my stand-by Macallan.

Iā€™ll put it in spoilers again

bun-na-ha-ven. The bh in Gaelic is the v sound which is always a good starting point

7 Likes

Ha- we have a photo like that of our boys in a similar view by a lake in NZ :joy:

5 Likes

But theyā€™re only in the photo twice. 4 times is good!

3 Likes

Great pictures! Looks like a beautiful day.

1 Like

Our guide used to live in Nashville for a few years!

5 Likes

Really? How funny.

1 Like

Fabulous photos. So beautiful there.

2 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

He is a musician. Said he got to play the Grand Ole Opry and toured with Colin Raye. We are trying to coordinate going to one of his gigs here but Iā€™m not sure if we can line it up.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s cool!

1 Like

Scotland is so beautiful! I want to go there someday. Itā€™s no surprise the Royal Family likes to traipse around like they own the place.

4 Likes

Itā€™s awesome! We are loving it. Message me when youā€™re ready and Iā€™ll send you my spreadsheet.

Are your kids fans of the Gruffalo? We absolutely, definitely caught glimpses of him today!

7 Likes

Have you seen any haggis yet? :wink:

The boys will need to look out closely for them on hill sides. They look like sheep but always run around a hill in the same direction. Their legs on one side are shorter than the other side, so if they go the other way they fall down.

Edit: be careful using that story though if you might be eating haggis later. :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Have I said this already @melcort10 ?

If you want to taste haggis but canā€™t quite bring yourself to do so, vegetarian haggis is actually pretty good. Iā€™m not usually a fan of ā€œvegetarian sausagesā€ etc but I make an exception for haggis.

3 Likes