The Great British Castle and Baked Goods Tour 2022

So you’ve now mastered a front loader I see. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Were you the one who was in Europe a year (or a few?) ago and couldn’t get your clothes to dry?

5 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Space hopper!

1 Like

And :santa:t2::santa:t2:??

2 Likes

Yes, that was me in Paris! But this one was very easy to use so I still blame that wonky machine!

Well the majority of the fleece footies do happen to be Santa related!

5 Likes

So we encountered a wee bit of bad luck…

With all the pulling over to let all the cars pass we sliced a tire wide open. It actually was not very noticeable with the low profile tires (tyres) so we were able to drive it to the service station and fortunately we have 3 cars so it was not a catastrophe but obviously still frustrating. Arnold Clark is sending a car to Inverary for us tomorrow.

Also a giant liner fail but the Inverary Castle is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday so we only visited the jail which was actually pretty fun!

Carson isn’t into pictures on this trip.

Low tide in Inverary.

Little Tink in Scotland!

Movie night! Finding Nemo.

12 Likes

@Nicky_S and @Shmebulock - is Oban worth the drive for us? Down a car we have to shuffle but it’s kind of that or back to Luss because DH and my Dad have a 4x4 tour scheduled there.

2 Likes

That Inverary photo is gorgeous!

1 Like

Oban is lovely.
I would recommend visiting there, but not if it’s a hassle with the cars.
It’s a pretty coastal town like many others. It has a nice ice cream shop, the name of which isn’t coming to mind immediately :thinking:

4 Likes

Haven’t been in a while, but it’s a lovely harbour town.

And there is lots to do there, including a ruined castle that I’m sure you can walk along the beach to. And there’s a distillery and chocolate shop, what more do you need? :wink:

6 Likes

Oh my gosh! This happened to me in Scotland somewhere near Loch Ness over 30 years ago! At the little garage, we (my mom and I) witnessed a horrible argument between a Frenchman and the Scottish garage owner over how quickly repairs could be done. (On a Renault!) I thought they would come to blows! It was highly entertaining. Our tire repair was pretty tame in comparison. :joy:

6 Likes

Great pics! Sorry about the tyre.

4 Likes

The guy we met could not have been sweeter. So stereotypical Scottish. We were expecting a self service air filler but he came out dragging a big tank of air wearing short pants and a tweed vest and cap. Had to have been over 70 and he felt so bad for us (the American chap he called DH). He just doesn’t carry tires. We learned the history of the building and that he has some long lost German relatives. So nice.

We have decided to rearrange and go to Oban on Thursday because I do really want to go. DS3 will miss the 4x4 tour but I think he’ll be fine with both Nana and Oma and some more rocks to throw into the Loch. We definitely need a refill on the chocolate since we only bought this this afternoon!

10 Likes

I fully blame the Frenchman, not the Scot!!

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about the tyre- hope you get it sorted easily.

3 Likes

Sorry about the car issue. I love the jail picture. The castle pictures are great too.

1 Like

Looks like you’re getting a glorious day today @melcort10 :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::crossed_fingers:t2::+1:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::+1:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::+1:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Hope you have a great day!!

3 Likes

castleWow you definitely delivered a glorious day! All day I said we better get pictures quickly before the clouds come in and they just never came!

I only gave DH one job for trip planning and he organized a 4x4 tour that delivered.

We went back through Inverary to pick up the car it is all set! Got a quick glimpse of the castle (#2) on the way out.

17 Likes

Beautiful photos. And blue sky- looks like a great day!

3 Likes