The Great British Castle and Baked Goods Tour 2022

Lovely!

2 Likes

I’m so happy you are sharing your trip across the pond w/ us! Enjoy!

4 Likes

Sticky toffee pudding in the wild!

DS6 found a new otter friend at the pub.

12 Likes

Hmm pass on the dead otter. But the views look fantastic
Weather’s pa lot better down south

1 Like

Today we went to Luss! Very cute town. It’s dreary but fine.

Miles found some first class beach rocks.

We stocked up on some cousin time, chicken soup and chocolate muffins. I had lemon elderberry cake that was delicious.

Then my parents got here! We roasted some beef and hung out some. The poor souls were 3 hours delayed out of Boston plus they flew into Edinburgh (3 hours away) so it was quite the journey here.

Just Lady and the Tramp-ing some licorice!

16 Likes

Lovely photos!!
Dobble is a favourite of ours :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s called “Spot It” in the US but it definitely crosses any language barrier. We got a “Doppl” at the Louvre last summer that they prefer but I didn’t bring it just in case we lost it.

3 Likes

We got some eggs from this lovely “honesty shop” today…

And this is the best picture I could get of one of the fairy waterfalls. There are so many near our house. It reminds me of Lost River in NH.

13 Likes

So I missed that there were cousins coming. Are they staying with you in the house?

Lovely photos.

3 Likes

Yes! Dan’s sister and her daughter were able to come a little at the last minute. We purposely booked the week of Germany’s Pfingsten holiday in hopes that some of the cousins would be able to come so I’m glad they could. My poor sister in law is a little beside herself with driving though. I’m glad I don’t have to!

2 Likes

We went to Helensburgh today to go to Morrison’s again and Dan and I decided that this is where we would live if we moved to Scotland. Nice little suburb, good views, lots of shops and looked very walkable! Mind you we haven’t even been near the East coast yet…

5 Likes

Looks so nice. Great to see all your family together!

We travelled round the world to NZ & LA with dobbke. Have a Star Wars version too which is harder.

3 Likes

There are some amazingly beautiful places on the east coast, but the west is gorgeous and gets better weather!

4 Likes

We have a Harry Potter version which is hard for DH and DS because they’re not great with all the character names. Me and DD are usually buckled up laughing at whatever they try and call them that it almost breaks the abilities evenly :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Maybe id do better with Harry Potter! My kids do know SW better than I do.

3 Likes

Luss is a cute town!

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think that’s the best part of our Louvre edition! “Hippo-horse”, “lady with a flag”, “pointy thing”! My neice said “pyramid” and DS6 was quick to point out - umm, that’s the Louvre! I will have to keep my eye out at the British Museum.

4 Likes

Now for the moment you all (three of you) have been waiting for!!

With an extra special treat - a dryer in the shed!

There is a nice clothes line but that seems awfully aspirational!

13 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes