The Great British Castle and Baked Goods Tour 2022

Nope!

I won’t mock any guesses, but I’ll sure noone will get it right.

4 Likes

Oh gosh, I think I probably was pronouncing it with a silent “L” in my mind?

It’s funny that there are definitely people who I literally cannot understand at all but others who are fine. The poor woman at the food stand who asked me if I wanted “red sauce”! Might as well have been speaking Gaelic.

5 Likes

Welp I tried :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Oooh excellent! I will warn my mother who was not planning to pack any sandals. I’m so excited for Edinburgh!

4 Likes

There are a lot of silent letters going on there, but the L isn’t one of them :rofl:

I’m just going to blur spoiler the answer…
It’s pronounced ‘Mul guy’

7 Likes

Those roads are so crazy.

Your view and lodging is fabulous.

2 Likes

Not at all what I was expecting! But unsurprising I suppose in the land of Laoghaire MacKenzie!!

3 Likes

Also, evidently we are literally staying in a castle…

5 Likes

The house looks lovely!

2 Likes

You’re braver than me! I have no clue.

2 Likes

Fun!
Although sorry about the rain today.

1 Like

It’s so funny but it’s rainy, sunny, rainy, sunny! I’m from New England so no stranger to fickle weather but this is very swift. I don’t mind it. Honestly easier to layer on and off than to just suffer sweltering heat!

We just walked the “neighborhood” this morning after sleeping in nicely.

The boys were able to partake in one of their favorite sports: rock hurling. Felt very Scottish and a lot more acceptable than on a beach full of people.

Castle #1 - Castle Carrick and a telephone box.

13 Likes

No midges I hope with the on-off rain. :crossed_fingers:

Is there still scaffolding up on the castle? I’m beginning to think it’s just there to stop the wall falling down rather than to restore it. :frowning: I know it’s privately owned but that’s about it.

4 Likes

No midges really! DH had a swarm last night right after dinner but he is a bug magnet. I was fine in the hot tub.

There is some scaffolding up but not a lot! There was a small bath house covered in scaffolding and we figured it was closed but Miles insisted it was open and sure enough it was! We always appreciate a public bathroom. Next time the sun comes out they want to go to the beach with bathing suits, so we’ll see!

5 Likes

Gorgeous pics!

4 Likes

Looks fantastic - that is a great house!

3 Likes

Gorgeous!!
Rain then sun then rain sounds right for UK.

4 Likes

We found the best little cafe for a late lunch. The owner is hoping to visit Boston next year so he took our email to come visit! Such friendly people. Awesome food to warm us up a little!

We drove to a pub on the other side of the Loch for dinner and OMG guys this happened on the way home…

I was thinking we were due for a rainbow with all the sun and rain.

But this is seriously the biggest, longest, widest rainbow that I have ever seen in my entire life! And it was a double. DS3 kept asking if we were driving inside the rainbow.

17 Likes

Beautiful! I hope you have a great trip. I’m looking forward to following along.

1 Like

Gorgeous! What a great cafe you found.

1 Like