The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

As always, you gotta be careful with DFB. They did NOT get a refund. Instead, they got a BG and the ability to buy a 3rd ILL.

2 Likes

yes, but they asked a CM about refunds if they never reopened the ride and it was affirmative. I know DFB has a lot of click bait, but it would be an easy QnA too, why would they lie?

2 Likes

For my part, I am frustrated by the amount of information that I need to now try to impart to clients. Sure itā€™s fine to say show them and let them go - and thatā€™s not wrong. But itā€™s also kind of my job to see that the guest has a great time. I am worried that this will be so overwhelming to them that they will be unhappy (and Iā€™ll feel maybe not quite responsible, but more than a little bad).

And I hate the upcharges. So by and large I donā€™t expect to use them.

11 Likes

They are sometimes named Karen or Chad

6 Likes

Thatā€™s for it being down and not reopening, not for stopping mid-ride but not evacuating, nor for preshows not working

3 Likes

yes, and?

2 Likes

The question was around refunds for the ride breaking while youā€™re on it.
There are no refunds for that.

3 Likes

ok you win

2 Likes
2 Likes

See, I think this can be summed up in a very simple sentence: Ignore Genie, hereā€™s what you should ACTUALLY doā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m finding all this confusing and feel like I need to do tons a research to be able to use it and Iā€™ve been a liner for about 6 years and have taken 8 trips in that time. The casual Disney goer or the once in a lifetime trippers are going to be totally overwhelmed.

7 Likes

:smiley:

5 Likes

This! Iā€™m so glad our trip isnā€™t until Oct 2022.

2 Likes

This thread is the only reason I feel ready for Tuesday. Thank you all for your work!

4 Likes

Thanks! I added the observed prices to the lead post.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Jeff_AZ - my head is definitely spinning & agree with OBNurseNH where you almost need a degree to navigate Disney World efficiently now.
Having a trip planned in November will there be a thread on how or if you should combine info from TP with Genie & ILL?
In reading through this thread it seems the only way to get onto ROR is to try to get ILL .
Am I correct in that Genie will not available/activated for the Very Merriest After Hours?

2 Likes

Seems like not since it isnā€™t for Boo Bash or early/evening hours for resort guests.

1 Like

You can wait standby. Sometimes standby has been as little as 40 minutes, so donā€™t give up hope if you donā€™t want to shell out $15 a head.

3 Likes

My biggest takeaway from the whole thing is that our current preference of rope dropping, staying in the park until mid-afternoon and spending the evening at the resort isnā€™t the best idea anymore. Plus, we love re-rides! Iā€™m thinking that the best strategy will be park hopping, and since we love lots of resort pool time, this would mean something like:

Obtain paid LL passes as needed
Grab first Genie+ pass
RD 1st park
Touring plan with low standby waits/Genie+ combo
Leave around 12 (lunch at park or resort)
Long afternoon break while we stack more Genie+
2nd park around 5, stay as long as we want

Will have to consider longer Deluxe hotel hours at MK and Epcotā€¦I think those would be very beneficial, but RD the next morning wonā€™t happen for us.

5 Likes

I read on TP blog that it is only activated for standard park hours - no early entry, evening extra hours, special events, or parties.

3 Likes