The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

From what I hear they are getting a lot of complaints about having to wake up every day at 7 AM. So maybe they will come up with some middle ground.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t affect much if it was like, 10pm the day before.

4 Likes

Yes, but now a guest pays extra for the privilege to potentially not get 3 LL during a day. The issue is the “attraction capacity”.

6 Likes

Since guests now need to plan which park they are attending way in advance, why not allow booking of the first LL of the day a certain number of days in advance too. That would alleviate the 7 am issue during the trip, but not require 3 rides to be planned out for each day in advance.

8 Likes

I have an unresolved question since the loopholes all closed:

What happens if you cancel a LL? There were posts on chat about Cancel triggering a 120 minute lock out. That doesn’t seem right. It would mean you could never cancel and rebook for a better time. Or cancel and rebook because your ADR is taking longer than you throught.

Can anyone confirm?

1 Like

If it is your last one booked you can book again. @LTinNC82 cancelled one to change the time and rebooked another yesterday.

3 Likes

Friday I was able to cancel and rebook a LL. However it was my most recent one I cancelled and rebooked. Not sure what happens if you have 2 booked and cancel your first one. It did reset my 2 hour window from when I rebooked my cancelled pass.

2 Likes

It reset because it was more than 2 hours later, right?

I cancelled and rebooked my 3rd LL within about 10 minutes. When I went to book LL 4 it was 2 hours after the rebooked LL3, not 2 hours from the original LL3 booking.

2 Likes

Yes, but if that LL was not more than 2 hours away, you could have booked the next one after you scanned in.

I am trying to clarify that there is no automatic “you have to always wait 2 hours” (except in cases where your 1st is more than two hours in the future).

1 Like

I am so confused. I have no idea honestly.

2 Likes

Same

2 Likes

I hesitate to admit, as the one who started this thread, that I have no idea how it works right now.

However, my simplified rules still stand.

You won’t always get a LL reservation when you try, but it will never hurt.

12 Likes

Thanks. You saved me countless minutes trying to debug/figure out why the new Genie+ feature was not showing up in Lines on my (Android) phone.

2 Likes

100% this. For MK, AK and HS I think most people are already up. For EP not so much. However, we’re booking ILLs and Genie+ LLs at the same time. In the case of HS where ROTR and SDD can literally go within the first minute you can’t do both unless you have 2 people to do it. Even then, by the time you get both of those made the times to select for MMRR are not so great.

In the case of AK, most people are doing this while in transit or standing at ticketing. Which is super frustrating if you’re also trying to wrangle kids. I’d love to see the time change to 1.5 hours or 2 hours before each individual park opens officially for Genie+. Sure, there will be some people who aren’t up yet, but not as many and it would stagger the times a bit so if you’re trying to book 1 ILLs for HS and 1 for EP you aren’t having to choose which one is the priority. The night before wouldn’t work any better because of similar issues of people in parks or already in bed for the night. Maybe even do ILLs 15 minutes before or after Genie+.

Actually it just occurred to me. Do the ILLs before park opening (for those onsite) and then let Genie+ (and offsite ILLs) start after you tap in, just like DL was and the current DAS is. I have a plan for where to start with DAS, but it changes depending on crowds upon arrival as well as current wait times. I think a lot of people would do the same with Genie+. It sure would take some of the stress away from getting into the park each day.

3 Likes

Ah that probably would solve a lot of morning anxiety. It’s not a perfect solution, but it wouldn’t be much worse than what we’ve got.

2 Likes

As an offsite person last week, we had to try and get ILLs literally at rope drop as we were walking along with a moving mosh pit. I definitely had some safety concerns.
As per my prior posts, perhaps my biggest issue with the new system is how much of my vacation I had to spend on my phone for things like that and for refreshing and refreshing to hit new Genie + openings. Which is why the best tip I can give anyone is still: bring an extra battery pack/stick or your phone will not make it through the day!

7 Likes

No problem. We Android users are somewhat the step children when it comes to the technology updates. I know some of the touring plan programmers are Android users, so they will get to us. I think Apple just covers more people, quicker.

3 Likes

Interestingly, according to statcounter.com, as of October 2021 Android usage worldwide was at 71% of the mobile phone market (iOS was 28%), but in the US iOS usage is at 58% and Android 42%.

The gap is significant worldwide, but much smaller domestically.

…and the US gap is small enough that Android should NOT be treated as the step children of mobile technology.

9 Likes

With the closed loophole, the new rule for booking your next LL is: You can book a new LL after 2 hours, or after using your last booked LL.

This example is using a 9am park opening
(Updated 11/29 12:57)

21 Likes