The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Thanks! I will update the lead post with the new rules.

2 Likes

The graphics are so helpful! Thanks!!

1 Like

Steve, you are so awesome!

I like loopholes when I and not everyone knows them. But, two hours after your last booked makes sense.

4 Likes

@SteveBloom , you booked a 3pm at noon. In that example you should have been able to book another at 2 based on that action? I know your 1st booking would not allow it, but the noon one would?

1 Like

Thank you for expressing this. I was at WDW last week and I feel exactly the same way as you did. I did my homework, planning, and research with the help of TP and this great community. I did my best to use strategy and Genie+. Iā€™m looking back on our week feeling like it was a wonderful trip but also very frustrating. Of course, crowd levels were high (this was expected) and the MDE app crashed a lot, which didnā€™t help. I canā€™t even let myself think about the additional $ we paid for Genie + and ILLs on top of our ticket prices. Canā€™t even.

1 Like

I believe you are correct. Iā€™ll replace the graph. Iā€™ll also asking our in-park staff to verify this.

3 Likes

I just updated the rules in the lead post. I did want to clarify one thing. Does the 2 hour rule apply after your most recent LL? Or after any LL reservation that is for greater than 2 hours in the future? So if you book another LL during the 2 hour window because you were able to use a separate LL, can you still book another LL at the 2 hour window since it is treated separately? Or is it overriden by getting a new LL reservation in the intervening period?

I also looked up the latest LL availability per Thrill Data and added this tip on the order of priority:

5 Likes

It is always that the last LL is actionable. If the last one is more than 2 hours the two hour rule applies. If the next one is an hour away, you can book again on scanning.

4 Likes

Thanks! So I think I have reflected it properly in my rules. Hopefully.

1 Like

I appreciate this feedback too - I am going in to Christmas week really trying to lower my own expectations and to be ready to enjoy myself by planning time in the parks as bundled experiences:

• Epcot and MK deluxe evening hours as our breaks from the crowds and time to ride, ride, ride.
  • One afternoon/evening dedicated to SWGE only
  • One afternoon/evening dedicated to winter holidays at Epcot (cookies! storytellers! Candle Light Processional!)

But as I plan the other parts of my trip, I see a lot of time with my face in my phone, hitting the drops just right, and how easy it is to just buy the ILL. My desire to make things effortless and awesome for my family continues to override saving the money. I really canā€™t look at how few rides each G+ is going to get me as I set my expectations on slow paced days. Maybe I should just let that go and at least applaud myself for getting 16% off on all of it from discount gift cards? I am going at Christmas after allā€¦

6 Likes

Sweet, thanks!

2 Likes

This has changed since Disney fixed the Loophole, and why people were reporting they could not ā€œstackingā€ LL reservations.

For example:
7am you book LL1 for 1pm
11am (2 hours after park opening) book LL2 for noon
12pm, after tapping into LL2 book LL3 for 1:30pm
1pm you use LL1. After tapping in, MDE will not let you book LL4
1:30 after tapping into LL3, you can book LL4

7 Likes

This is super helpful - thanks! Our family is going to MK early January and my kids like all the rides there, they arenā€™t picky. We are staying onsite. If Iā€™m reading this correctly, letā€™s say we book a Dumbo LL for 9:30. If I tap-in at 9:30, I could then book another LL for whatever is available (say Barnstormer since itā€™s right next door and that should hopefully have availability). Then as soon as I tap-in at Barnstormer, I can book another? Or do I have to keep waiting 2 hours?

Yes, in your example your next action is based on the last LL booked. In a way it has simplified the system? You donā€™t have to worry about booking anything in the same time frame, you just have to know your current booking window?

1 Like

You can get your next LL reservation after you tap in, assuming you are using the last LL reservation you made. It only gets wonky if the order you made the LL reservations are not sequential.

2 Likes

I wanted to mention, I had looked into this in a different thread the other day and KS seemed like the one to get first. One factor was KS closes well before park close, so that cuts down on total LL availability for the day. NRJ was usually available an hour past when KS runs out on average the past month.

5 Likes

I based this off of 11/26 and purely off of which attraction ran out of availability first (other than shows, which I generally put as lower priority since they are limited more by show times than by popularity). It varies day to day, but itā€™s hard to get a good comparison of averages that is is reflective of the most return patterns.

Also, looking at the graph for each attraction, there is more red in the NRJ and more green/yellow in KS, meaning you can usually get an earlier return time for KS than for NRJ. So even if KS and NRJ run out around the same time, you may want to get NRJ sooner so you can have an earlier return time.

Anyway, itā€™s worth knowing all this so people can make the best decision for their specific fact pattern and touring style.

2 Likes

hmmmā€¦ I see quilt patternsā€¦ :thinking: a new Disney quilt :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

9 Likes

I do see that NRJ temporarily ran out of availability on 11/26, but for the most part you could get a return time for NRJ all the way up til 12:30pm.

But KS ran out of availability around 10:00am.

I understand that the return time for NRJ may be later, but choosing NRJ first risks not getting a KS LL at all.

3 Likes

Interesting that you and @Jeff_AZ are having this debate because I was having the same back and forth in my head last night on these two attractions as I was looking at the data. You both make good arguments and based on the data at this point, it could go either way. The other factor (which I didnā€™t look at) would be to compare the standby waits and prioritize the attraction with higher standby waits.

4 Likes