The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

This looks like a good plan. I would get your first G+ LL before you buy your ILL, unless you really need your ILL at a specific time.

I would use the TP app to look for wait times since they include both posted + predicted waits (based on the history of actual wait times submitted), but Genie is a good resource too.

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m thinking for example RotR and MMRR here. Would grabbing a ILL at 7am and then rope dropping the other be reaaonable plan if you really want to ride both?

1 Like

It is but Iā€™d make sure RotR was my ILL and would rope drop MMRR.

4 Likes

The more common approach would be to rope drop a LL attraction like MFSR or SDD and only pay for MMRR if the line is longer than you care to wait. That way, you can make sure to knock out the two most popular LL attractions and make sure to get to everything.

But if you would rather be sure to save the money for MMRR, it is actually a decent RD option, especially for those who are too slow to be first in line.

3 Likes

Day 2 report. MK
Today I will start with the major positive. Crowd level 10 day and we were able to ride every single ride in the park other than the Carousel (no interest- Iā€™ve got two teens) and Splash Mountain (limited window with some rain and less daylight in Nov.)
Genie + worked like a dream today. I was able to grab Peter Pan at 7:00am for 9-10 and the turn one into three hack was perfect (I felt sorry for those who donā€™t read this thread). Boarded PP at 10:05 and got off with Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain and Jungle Cruise. All in all, got seven genie + rides and bought the two ILLs.

Only Negative (besides the cost of genie plus both ILLs): talk about down rides (especially after not going to RotR because of how long it was down and being (ok somewhat happily) trapped in TSM yesterday). I wasnā€™t supposed to buy both ILLs. I was going to go straight to Space Mountain at rope drop (we are offsite). But it was down from opening until about noon. So I feel like Disney took $28 plus tax from me on that one. Then we went to Little Mermaid and it stopped twice while on it. HM broke down for 15 minutes just as we were about to board. Aladdin went down for a bit while we were in line. Pirates briefly while in line, and so on. Really surprising - I donā€™t remember rides stopping or being down as often as past two days.
Anyway, AK is tomorrow (Tues). Assuming we actually get ourselves out of bed early to get to the park for rope drop, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be using Genie +. Hopefully Iā€™ll get FoP no problem.

2 Likes

So maybe pay for ILL for RotR, rope drop MFSR, queue or try to get regular LL for MMRR?

Assuming these are our top priorities

1 Like

There isnā€™t regular LL for MMRR. It is only ILL. I think the idea is to rope drop MMRR so you donā€™t have to pay extra for it.

I plan to use G+ minimally next week, rope dropping the ILL attractions or hopping in line in the evening for the more popular attractions, when lines tend to be a little shorter, especially in HS.

4 Likes

I think I understand the turn 1 into 2 LL, but not sure about the 1 into 3 hack. Does that involve cancelling? Or is it expire, book, tap, book, tap, book?

3 Likes

@dexys - Iā€™m finally caving in to buying G+ for MK looks like. Confession: reading this thread backwards for now, will read in entirety later.

I like the clarity of your recent comments re MK. But I have questions:

1. you used G+ for 7 rides, sounds good to me. Iā€™m guessing you chose Haunted, Thunder and Jungle after Pan b/c you knew they had longer type lines. Iā€™m an old school TP planner, have my MK plan already set up for our 3CL day soon. So I would know that also.

2. what were the other 3 rides you chose?

3. you said you were able to hack 3 extra rides at start of day. Was that while you were in Pan line? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Greetings from AK. So Iā€™m a planner like you and the new system makes that extremely tough. You have to have a general plan and go w flow a bit and also know that your returns on genie plus are likely going to be somewhat stacked in the afternoon regardless of what you do.
The other three I did were Pirates, Buzz and Pooh.
And basically for the PP, I waited until just after tenā€¦ booked a new one. Tapped in first tap on PP, booked and tapped second and booked again. I hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks @dexys .

For some reason I thought had to wait 2 hours after beginning of 1st G+ to book next. 1 hour is much better. Then for each tap at PP you were able to book one more G+. Very cool.

Going with the flow is good advice for this new system. Iā€™ve always liked to make TP and stick to it, not try to move it around after in park. But we can keep it simple, combine the TP weā€™ll have and add G+ (prob most of them for eve) as we go!

1 Like

One last question: In order to do the 3 G+ hack as @dexys has described: does it matter what sequence itā€™s done?

Noticed that dexys said 10"01 for first additional G+. So dexys did that w/i the 5minute grace period of 1st G+. Then used the 2 taps. Wondering if needs to be done that way,otherwise youā€™d just get 2 additional instead of 3.

1 Like

If you donā€™t let it expire, you only get one! Something about the LL being expired triggers the 2 taps.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Just to clarify the grace period after a LL is 15 mins.

2 Likes

On chat today weā€™ve now had six liners report the turn one to 3 hack isnā€™t working today. Expire, book, tap, book, tap book is only getting them one. Interested to see if forum users have had any success today.

3 Likes

Thanks for the intel! I have strongly suspected that this loophole would be closed eventually, which is why I didnā€™t include it in my lead post in this thread. Everyone let me know if you get further confirmation.

6 Likes

Ha. Just when I was starting to understand it. :laughing:

Just want to clarify 1 other thing: MK opens to all 8am our day. So say we get PP 8-9am. We donā€™t use til 9:01 or whatever. Then can get another G+ even w/o hacks. OK. Then @10am can get an additional, b/c 2 hours after park opening rule?

1 Like

No, the 2 hour rule only applies if you donā€™t get any LLs in the intervening period. But donā€™t worry about that too much, because by having an 8am LL, youā€™re already starting off on solid footing and can just hold one LL at a time. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that, as long as you can get through the top most popular attractions quickly. Hereā€™s the order of priority:

JC > PPF > HM > WtP > BTMRR > PotC > (everything else)

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Splashā€™s position on the list moves seasonally. I could see it beating out PotC in the summer.

1 Like