The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Agreed - I’ll keep an eye on it.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jeff_AZ .

How does this look?:

Space & Splash @ 8 RD- TP says 5mins, 10mins for them. We’ll give a try? CL3.

G+: starting 8-9 using 9:01 etc:
JC-PP-HM-
10:30 ish coffee break
Tom Sawyer SB line

midday break
evening G+: WtP-BTMRR-PotC-everything else
We will have bought ILL for Space if TP plan didn’t work out.

1 Like

Seeing this in several FB groups as well. Stacking is not working.

3 Likes

Your plan might work, subject to availability. Personally I would go ahead and get a LL at 7am since I wouldn’t want to leave the 9:01am up to chance (but your way is a legitimate option some might prefer). You might have a hard time getting three high-demand LLs in the morning, so since you’re taking a midday break, the other thing you could do is to get one higher demand one (either JC or PPF), and then get two for lower-demand (maybe BTMRR and PotC if they are distributing immediate return times, otherwise Buzz, Little Mermaid, or anything else with an immediate return).

Then you can use the afternoon to stack LLs so that when you get back at 4-5pm you have 2 or 3 waiting for you and can get the remaining ones as you go.

Unfortunately, because LL availability varies day to day, it’s more important to know the rules and your options than to plan the exact attractions you are going to do when.

1 Like

I’m planning to get the JC at 7am for 8-9 slot. Is that what you mean? The ILL may be necessary for Space if TP plan doesn’t pan out.

I probably should read this whole thread thru, to understand the drop times.

Oh, I was so spoiled with my nice and neat TPs of (not so) old. :thinking:

2 Likes

I had been waiting until closer to my trip to really study all that is Genie+ since I knew things would be rapidly evolving. Of course I chose today to do the deep dive into stacking! Oh well. Maybe it will come back.

2 Likes

Oh I see - I misread your initial post. I thought you meant “using the 9:01 drop time trick” but you actually meant using your LL reservation at 9:01? In any case, yes, hopefully you would be able to get an early return time for JC.

1 Like

Might as well keep going w today’s report since no one has told me to shut up.
Day three was AK. I wasn’t going to get Genie + but after it worked so well for HS and MK, my wife was really pushing for it so I did it. It shows you how Disney beats you into submission with the idea of “you are already spending so much. Shouldn’t you spend even more to actually enjoy yourself?”
Heard a lot of people in the park today who were clearly Disney veterans all pointing out the major issue with the new system: if you know Disney well, use TP etc and liked planning your days, the new system adds a LOT of stress to the day. Real planning is impossible. And you spend a tremendous amount of time refreshing your phone to catch a holy grail like time slot.
Today I got VERY lucky but I won’t say it wasn’t stressful.
As mentioned earlier, I’m offsite. So FoP sold out well before 8:00 am park open and I was really unhappy about it, especially when there were no new openings at 8:00. I just kept refreshing though for about nine minutes, and miracle of miracles, a 4:50-5:50 popped up and I bought it.
Meanwhile, I had gotten a KS 8:10-9:10 and at offsite rope drop, we went straight to Everest and rode it twice w practically no line and no need to buy ILL even on a CL 10 day. However, I made a total brain fart error. Since there was really only Navi and Dino left, I didn’t bother w the two tap 1 LL to 3 trick (so I can’t comment on whether it is gone) but I forgot for a minute about the 11:00 drop and ended up
Entering KS just after 9:00 and after several refreshes, booked Navi (at 9:07) for 1:15. That seven minutes was crucial as I couldn’t book again until 11:07. By then the new Dinos were gone. However, while standing in line for the bird show (highly recommend), I kept refreshing and all of a sudden, around 11:15, an 11:30 Dino showed up and I grabbed it.
We finished every ride and show but FoP by 1:30, went back to hotel for some well deserved rest time and swung back to AK before dinner to go on FoP (which the family loved).
Anyway, sorry I can’t report on the two tap. Going to try it tomorrow at Epcot and will let you know.

10 Likes

Well done! Thanks for the report. It does highlight this crucial balance between just enjoying and chasing that next LL.

5 Likes

Looks like you did really well, despite the “mistakes!” Thanks for sharing your real world experiences.

2 Likes

Oh I should mention, for anyone going to AK soon… i had seen a video online that “Merry Menagerie” was back (I’d never seen them before). They are a group w giant, adorable moving puppets and they do shows (not on the schedule) just outside the tree. My teen loves building characters and making things, so it was a real highlight to catch them. Mentioning here bc it’s not on any schedule or app. They just come around for 15 minutes every hour or so.
Today is EP. Would have been nice to sleep in since it’s a late open but no, I had to get up to grab Remy virtual queue and a Soarin 10:10-11:10. I might see if the two tap still works but can’t make promises as, depending on how genie times work, hitting soarin early and getting another early and making sure I hit the 11:30 TT drop might make more sense.
Question for anyone who knows… if the 1 to 3 hack doesn’t work anymore, I assume I wouldn’t know until after booking a new genie after soarin expires and then it not working after tap? As opposed to say, it not letting me book anything during the grace period?

4 Likes

Ps by shows for merry menagerie, I mean they walk around and you can pet the giant puppets (the dog reacts as if really being pet), take pictures, etc.

3 Likes

That would be my guess.

I saw the Merry Menagerie the first year they did it and I agree it was absolutely one of the highlights of my entire trip. It’s amazing how lifelike the puppets can be. Did you see the adorable twin baby penguins? The way they ‘run’ is so adorable.

1 Like

Yes the Penguins were there! So cute!

2 Likes

Gold.

This is my new planning.
I think G+ kicks time-based itineraries to the curb and replaces it with prioritized hopes and random results.

5 Likes

Before the loophole emerged, you could book as soon as the window expired (ie, during the grace period) so I assume that will continue. But let us know!

2 Likes

Just want to clarify - does stacking still work with the two hour rule and then tap in? For example, if I get a slinky dog LL for 4:00 p.m., and then at 11:00 a.m. I get a TSM for 11:30, and then tap in at 11:30, I can still get another one then right? And then if I get one that is for 2:30, I could get a third active LL at 1:30. This is all still true, correct? It’s the expire and get three passes with a double tap that is no longer working.

3 Likes

Yes, regular stacking still works and is the way the system was intended. Only the 1-to-3 hack (loophole) appears to no longer work.

3 Likes

I just saw this

6 Likes

Good read. There’s 3 of us Disney pro’s here working tonight and we are all confused LOL.

Our guinea pig tester is going in two weeks so we told him he needs to make a power point for us when we get back. May book a conference room for it :yum:

4 Likes