The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Yes, the on-site advantage is that you can book individual lightning lane attractions at 7. There is that one advantage.

Of course the 30 minute early e try is the second advantage.

6 Likes

The blog post you linked states this:

On-site guests will have the ability to make Individual Lightning Lane Access purchases beginning at 7 am, and other guests will have to wait for these purchases until park opening.

That is correct. Although @vcka, do you think you could have purchased that Remy ILL this morning? Disney states you could not with just your AP?

3 Likes

I dont diasagree really but think that you buy g+ and have ILL and LL you cant access LL without G+ so G+LL may as well just say LL.

get an LL for SDD or get in the LL line both work.

2 Likes

Yes…but depending on how you are talking about it, the differentiation can matter.

For example, if we don’t differentiate, what does this question mean?

“Is Splash Mountain a LL ride?”

The answer is yes, or no, depending on what type of LL access you mean. But using GLL versus ILL makes it clear.

“Is Splash Mountain a GLL ride?”

Yes.

“Is Splash Mountain an ILL ride?”

No.

Also, when talking about who gains access, assuming there WAS a difference for on-site guests, you could say:

“Only on-site guests get 7:00 access to book a LL.”

Yes…and no (again, IF there was an on-site advantage.)

I just think it is best to start getting into the practice of clarifying each time.

4 Likes

I’d love to click on it and see for research but I’m afraid to do that too b/c I don’t want to buy it. The link certainly suggested I could buy it by just clicking on it. While I do an an AP we are also resort guests tonight at AKL. IDK if that makes a difference.

2 Likes

(BTW, I find it hard to type out messages on these forums when I have Disney hold music playing in my ear.)

2 Likes

Yes, I think that does make a difference! Thanks!

2 Likes

I think G+ works fine for those rides in the same way FP+ did. Is Splash a G+ ride. Yes.

2 Likes

FP+ was the service name. FP was the pass you obtained from the FP+ system.

2 Likes

People used them interchangeably. And it was always obvious what people meant.

3 Likes

Great Disney I now have to look into adopting children.

I’ll be on TP’s app
DW will be on Genie
DD27 will be monitoring the world clock watching 2 hr countdowns…
Now I just need 1-2 other children/adults to pull up, skim and interpret the various blogs, articles, graphs, and tip sheets

16 Likes

is splash LL or ILL ride?

easy.

no need for GLL i dont think :smiley:

1 Like

So if I want to pay for room, pay for park admission, then pay for Genie+ I get the honor of paying even more for the most popular rides at 7 versus 9?

Wow, what an advantage on top of the thousands of dollars I’m paying for the room on property.

6 Likes

EVERYTHING that uses GLL or ILL is LL.

2 Likes

No need to shout. everyone understands how it works.
there is just no need to add the G there is no LL without G so just abbreviate GLL to LL.

there is LL and ILL and its fine.

I’m not arguing your wrong! I’m saying whats become common usage and that its fine its perfectly understandable.

1 Like

Shouting? I’m not shouting. Just easier to type caps for a work rather than using italics/bold in forums usually. Shouting is when you use all caps for everything.

2 Likes

You literally used all caps for everything :joy::joy:

14 Likes

oh boy :smiley:

2 Likes

HA! That was totally unintended!

3 Likes

OK so I can always get another LL after tapping into my existing LL attraction.
And I think I get how to use the 120 minute Rule before Tap In
And (presuming the 15 minute grace extension period continues) how to use the Window close Rule

What I don’t see Tom answering is whether this scenario works:
9 AM - I get a LL for POTC for 10:30-11:30
11 AM - I get another LL, 120 minute Rule
11:31 - I get another LL, window close Rule
11:33 - I ride POTC within the 15-minute grace period and grab yet another LL, Tap In Rule

6 Likes