The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I feel like you are not taking your responsibilities seriously enough.

5 Likes

LOLā€¦ Iā€™m not solo todayā€¦ nuf said :wink:

4 Likes

Wait a second. You sound like youā€™re more devoted to your husband than to us. That doesnā€™t seem right!

9 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: you caught that did you :smirk:

5 Likes

Hereā€™s the thing, with the BGs it gives you a call back time but you can get in line anytime after that.

If you have an early BG (and you get in line soonish after your group is called) , your wait should be shorter than a very late BG or if you showed up at 7pm instead of 11am.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve looked over the last 6 days and there was only ONE submitted wait time for Remy. It was yesterday, 26 minutes it looks like. Why arenā€™t people submitting more times?

3 Likes

Conserving their battery for constantly checking Genie.

12 Likes

We have to admit that itā€™s actually a factor now.

Ok, all parks are CL1 the last 2 days. So not a ton of people.

5 Likes

I doubt we will be there at opening. We are still at home and still have to pack our bag :wink: We are not rushing this morning at all. The early BG caught me off guard. @bebe80 was a good teacher :rofl:

6 Likes

So itā€™s official: if you are a guest staying on property you get NOTHING. No earlier LL reservation time or any advantage or discount.

Why is the TP Blog still saying that on site guests can book at 7am and regular guests at 9? How to Use Genie+ and Lightning Lane at Disney World

Every day I look at this itā€™s more obviously just a money grab and they donā€™t care about the people already giving them thousands of dollars for a room.

This will be the last time I stay on property.

3 Likes

I think the part that has me most confused is that time goes from the top down, not left to right :rofl:

1 Like

G+ everyone can reserve at 7am.
For ILL$$$, on-site can buy at 7am, others have to wait until park open.
Should have been reversed in my opinion.

10 Likes

My understanding is that resort guests do get to book LL before all others, the rest of us street scum have to wait until official park opening :wink:

2 Likes

Ohhhh! I get it. Thatā€™s crazy tricky. I feel like Iā€™m going to have a really hard time keeping track of all this when in the parksā€¦.

5 Likes

No, I think thatā€™s what they originally were planning but the above summary above and from what people have said for weeks here, everyone gets to start setting up LL reservations at 7am.

No advantage for property guests

2 Likes

nope everyone with G+ onsite or off can book first LL at 7am

3 Likes

good isnt it. i might make a flow chart version of this guide :smiley:

2 Likes

wellā€¦ I missed that probably b/c I donā€™t have a vested interest in it.

2 Likes

This continues to be confusing. A ā€œLLā€ is the line you use, not a pass type.

ILL is a pass type. Individual Lightning Lane. The kind where you pay for an individual ride to get. In Disney terms, you are obtaining an Individual Lightning Lane Selection.

The official name for a Genie+ booked LL access is ā€œGenie+ Lightning Lane Selectionā€, so I think people are just saying G+ for short. Trouble with that is G+ also just refers to the service that allows you to BOOK a G+ LL Selection.

So, I think we need to say:

G+ means the $15/day/pp Genie+ service.
G+LL means a Genie+ Lightning Lane Selection.
ILL means an Individual Lightning Lane Selection.
LL means the line you enter if you have a G+LL or ILL.

ETA: It might be acceptable to shorten G+LL to just GLL, which is easier to type.

5 Likes

I agree itā€™s confusing, Iā€™ve been trying to keep up w/ the new abbreviations

2 Likes