The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

And this is exactly what it seemed to do anecdotally this morning. By 7:10Am I would have been like better grab a SDD quick before they run out. But by 7:15am they actually had morning return times again. So i guess there is a modify option for G+ where you can drop what you have and immediately grab another one.

1 Like

Just confirming that the grace period is a full hour from your return time right? with 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after.

1 Like

The window for LL times is an hour, yes.

2 Likes

What if you have an ADR? Are CMs allowed to over ride return time entrance?

2 Likes

Yes, the more precise way to put it is that the Return Window is typically* an hour, with a grace period of 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after the window.

*I say typically because I believe at the end of the day they sometimes give return times less than an hour before park closing, but the queue has a hard close right at park closing. That’s the way it was with FP at some points in its history - I haven’t seen confirmation that this practice has continued with LL, or if they simply stop issuing once they hit T -1 hour.

3 Likes

You’re out of luck - you will need to change your ADR or drop your LL and try for another time.

2 Likes

Seriously?!? That sucks! I’ve been wondering about BG at Remy too, if they are still being lenient w/ return times?

3 Likes

It’s not a true modify option though, where you can keep what you have if there’s nothing better available. You have to cancel and risk missing out altogether.

5 Likes

They are still being flexible with return time (the end time) to Remy for Boarding Groups because you can’t control or plan for when you will be called by the nature of the system.

3 Likes

I suspect if you have an ADR that goes off the rails and you get seriously delayed, you could sweet talk your way into some leniency. But that might require a walk to guest services.

However of you purposefully double book yourself, that is on you.

3 Likes

I totally agree w/ this. I was more concerned w/ BGs, I guess. LL can be controlled as well as ADR times.

2 Likes

Luckily BGs seem to be flexible. I am counting on that myself! Someone recently reported the CMs phrase it like “now boarding 101 and lower” or “boarding all groups up to 101”. So that’s good.

In FPP days I had an ADR last overly long and missed my 7DMT FPP. I showed the CM my receipt and my ADR so they could see what happened and they let me on. Hopefully, there will still be some flexibility.

5 Likes

Very CM-dependent I’m sure so never something to plan on (which you’ve said) but I think most times they try to be reasonable.

5 Likes

So true, I always like to have the plan for if something goes wrong with my plan :joy:

Lunch is late, the server is super busy and overwhelmed and won’t bring me my check. Okay, I am going to screenshot my LL and take a picture of the time on my check, then I am going to get to the ride and put on my nicest “I know this may not be possible, but…”

And keep DH who will be in “this is bullshit” mode far away :rofl:

8 Likes

Cross-posting this TP Blog post. Lots of good strategies in here.

My favorite line:

• Swaperoo!! Maybe this isn’t a hack, but keep in mind that you can try a swaperoo if there’s something that you don’t like. We recommend yelling “Swaperoo!” as loud as you can when you do this option. Genie will then attempt to give you some alternate options regarding how to spend that time in your plan.

:rofl:

10 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

It was my son’s birthday, so we took him to HS on Saturday.
We stayed on sight, i pre purchased Genie+ , and at exactly 7:00 went straight to purchasing ROTR, with the first available at 12:45. Then to went to grab a LL for MFSR with next available at 12:15.
We had a reservation at Savi’s Workshop for 9:05 and lunch at 11:00.

Not sure why the first thing we could get was already after 12:00.
I don’t know if the Savi workshop and ADR played into the availability.
I was really disappointed at first, but it ended up being a good day.
We roped dropped SDD, then Savi’s, then TSM, Lunch, MFSR and ROTR.

7 Likes

I don’t think this had an impact, from everything I’ve seen. Genie seems to completely ignore and overlap your plans. I think it’s just that in those first few minutes, people snag up all the most coveted return times. If you were trying for ToT or TSM I think you would have gotten an earlier time, but what you did is probably smarter.

2 Likes

Randall pondered:
“do they think everyone is that slow getting across the park?”

Or if they convince you that your next timing is almost half an hour away… well, there is a gift shop to kill that time.

ETA: I had to come up with alternate quote format since hitting the quote button just duplicated my post, not Randall’s.

6 Likes

On chat I wondered if it was possible with two phones to make changing a slot easier.
so say you have a 2pm slot but you refresh and see 11am available… youd have to cancel then hope it was still there which might mean someone else gets it.

I suggested that it must hold that time whilst your in it on the app for at least a few moments! Has anyone tested having one phone logged in and on the new time and then the other phone cancel existing and the new one then confirm the held new time?

1 Like