The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I’ve conducted many beta tests… Usually the idea is that the software is 90+% complete and may have a few missing feature and some known minor bugs. The goal is to get real input from users to see what you’ve missed and find hard-to-uncover bugs.

4 Likes

Oh that sounds like the game betas that family have participated in before

2 Likes

I’ve seen conflicting reports and still confused for off site guests. At this time can offsite guests grab a genie+ selection at 7:00? My current plan is to grab SDD first thing since we are booked offsite. We are going to be on a 10 day so I’m worried it will be gone by park open.

3 Likes

That tallies with what I’ve heard too.

At one point they were going to delay the planning side of Genie until November, according to one very credible source.

2 Likes

Technically I think the TP reservation Finder is still in beta testing……

3 Likes

Yes, you can book your first Genie+ ride at 7am, whether on or off site.

2 Likes

Yes you can.

The on-site vs. off-site distinction is only for ILL selections (the individual paid attractions - RotR and MMRR in HS).

2 Likes

How rope droppable is RoTR right now? I know it’s based on where you are in line but with ILL selling out and not a huge drop in the evenings anymore I’m wondering when you’re meant to get on it. Or if you just suck up the hour+ wait.

1 Like

There was a report yesterday that they are starting that queue at 8.

2 Likes

Interesting :thinking:

1 Like

I want this to be more consistent to risk it! But it does make for an interesting scenario…

2 Likes

Very much enjoying all this data, I’m finding it very useful for my future planning

1 Like

I hope it’s not too late to say THANK YOU @Jeff_AZ . This is so helpful!

6 Likes

You’re welcome!

2 Likes

I just hate that I will be on vacation but will have to get up early every morning to start booking rides, will be on my phone throughout the day planning, and will be stressed the whole time. I liked it much better to be stressing before I left the house and had my plans complete way before I got to Disney. What happened to relaxing and enjoying the Disney magic?

19 Likes

This was all of the fun of planning. Gaming FPP was fun but not necessary.

13 Likes

It seems clear from the tests TP has done so far that Genie tries to keep you in the park as long as possible with the big gaps between things-of course the average guest isn’t going to realize how much more efficient you can be! It’s not everyone’s goal to BE the most efficient but for various reasons, that’s the way my family needs to tour-not seeing a Genie plan being super helpful for us so far.

3 Likes

I think option 1 works really well for Magic Kingdom…but maybe get your Jungle Cruise G+ first. And it seems like you can just get your next G+ for within the hour-1.5 hours and fill in the middle with something nearby with a low wait or a snack break. etc. Option 2 is the only way to do HS. Get your G+ for SDD first. Then MFSR should be the next priority.

1 Like

So I actually had some time this morning to monitor SDD on my own Periodically from 7AM- 8AM. If I had to graph it, it would have looked like a cyclic chart. So say at 7:10am the return times were for 6:50PM, but then by 7:15AM the return times were back at 11:00 AM and so on and so forth until they showed that they ran out. I just checked just now at 9:58Am and there was a return time for 6:50pm. I’m thinking that maybe Disney is figuring this out for the better and releasing batches of times to accommodate more people…maybe fingers crossed.

4 Likes

I’d rather the time plodded along that way there is predictability.
Annoying if it roller-coasters, particularly since it seems it can change from when you hit the button, and when you confirm.

8 Likes