The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I take it that ‘bookmarklet’ is only an android term?

:rofl:

4 Likes

Eh same difference. :rofl:

4 Likes

I saw that. He alluded to it by saying Google “Joel BG1” or “standby skipper” - but I doubt many users are going to pay attention. That thread is dedicated to complaining about G+, not figuring it out :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The biggest road block is that it sounds very technical. But it’s easy if you follow the steps. I explained it to my sister and she understood what I was telling her. I just didn’t use any techy gargon… becuase I don’t know anything. But it also helps that we mind meld sometimes and I can say “that thing on the thing” and she knows what mean :joy:

7 Likes

I can’t remember what episode or podcast I was listening to but I think it was BOG. A “caller” was asking about standby skipper. They stated they hadn’t heard of it and advised against it :grimacing: it was definitely in the last couple weeks. I only listen to a handful of podcasts so I can figure it out if anyone here wants to know the podcast to… reach out and inform them what standby skipper is.

4 Likes

I don’t think they would talk about it.

2 Likes

Really? Is they because this isn’t in Cava and technically public.

3 Likes

I am teasing, but I do think it’s in everyone’s best interest (well, maybe not Joel’s :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) if BG1 doesn’t get spread too widely. The more of an impact it has, the less valuable it is, but also the higher the likelihood that Disney will do something to make it work less efficiently or even shut it down.

I understand that it gets talked about in other places and we can’t control that, but every instance discussing it is one more opportunity for people to discover it.

7 Likes

Don’t worry, “BG1” has been talked about many many times in non-La Cava threads. Jeff is just a worry wart :wink:. Besides, @joelbruick is cool with it being talked about wherever. That way he can shame more people for selfishly using his awful hack.

8 Likes

The other reason to not discuss it as much here is because I like this thread to be less intimidating for newbies: just explain how it works (which is complicated enough!) and leave the strategizing to other threads once they’ve “graduated.”

I do think BG1 makes Genie+ easier to use, but it’s intimidating to the uninitiated.

9 Likes

I saw the recent discussion. People get defensive when asked to keep quiet. I will respect wishes though.

4 Likes

Too late, BG1 has been mentioned over 30 times in this thread :smirk:

would-you-stop-saying-that-mark-ruffalo

7 Likes

If you are referring to the chat thread, most liners here would not have read that.

5 Likes

I would only really care if we start getting people doing the big long posts about rapid stacking and stuff that would just be completely overwhelming.

7 Likes

You are so right @Jeff_AZ It is intimidating and mind boggling

3 Likes

Someone specifically did. I was a bit taken a back at first. I will have to find it now… stay tuned.

3 Likes

100% agree on this point.

I think it’s best to mainly keep BG1 talk to it’s designated containment zone just to avoid “polluting” other threads and, selfishly, to make things a little easier for me. I wish there was a way to do this with chat. I feel bad sometimes when there’s like five separate threads about it up towards the top.

8 Likes

Yes, but BOG? This is a podcast that told people for years they had to purchase two sets of tickets with split stays (why? Didn’t they ever sell tickets outside of packages in their TA?).

4 Likes

Do you think we need another thread to talk about rapid stacking than the BG1 thread? Was wondering if it might be distracting there.

8 Likes

I was wondering this too. And maybe one for the golden ticket. That way too when (if) the loopholes get closed, the specific threads can be marked in some manner as no longer an active hack.

6 Likes