The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I just moved it to WDW.

2 Likes

The data vis part of me wants to reorder the attractions by park, then alphabetically top to bottom (check box in Excel). Also we could color code each park group, and lighten the shade of gray so there is more contrast to read the data.

Another useful thing would be to have a vertical line at park open, then every two hours to show when a user can try for another attraction.

Sorry… my brain automatically figures out ways to make it easier to read!

4 Likes

Wow! And now I see all the other Thrill Data you are posting below. Very helpful! Looks like I’ll be snoozing again by 7:15 easily. Oooor…DD17 will have me out of bed and getting ready to RD her favorite ride (Test Track).

1 Like

Ok, this chart is sweeeeeet! I could see something like this being added to the lead post at some point when there is enough data to get more of an average/median time each attraction’s LL ran out.

Hmmm, a custom Google Sheet would be cool that would automatically calculate the average times.

3 Likes

Lucky! My DD17 will sleep until 2, eat lunch, go to the pool, nap, eat dinner then go to bed if I let her. :joy:

5 Likes

That’s my DS11’s favorite as well… which is why I’m glad that it’s G+ and not ILL$.

4 Likes

They basically got an offer to spend more money to make up for the money they just lost? Sounds like great logic Disney!

1 Like

But they didn’t lose money. They still rode the ride eventually.

1 Like

I do it by latest and don’t see the pinned topics at the top, but if I go to category they do all show at the top of WDW. So it’s not that then.

2 Likes

Can I assume you are considered offsite until you actually check in to your WDW resort - meaning you have to wait until park opening the day you check in

2 Likes

:thinking: that’s interesting. I know this is not how it works at universal. Both your checkin and checkout days qualify.

2 Likes

Hopefully I ASSumed incorrectly and checkin and check out dates qualify

1 Like

If you’ve checked in online I assume you would be classed as onsite. I don’t know if anyone has tested it yet.

4 Likes

In the past any extended park hours for resort guest included both check-in/out days.

3 Likes

Checkin and checkout dates qualify you for early entry, extra evening hours, and ILL$ 7 AM purchase. As long as you’re scheduled to stay at a Disney resort sometime during that day.

6 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

That’s great info.
I’d love it if @len and crew included a mention of average return time run out when describing attractions in the Unofficial Guide.
E.g.,
Jungle Cruise (Lightning Lane) 3.5 stars [all the ratings and metrics plus]
Average return time run out: 4:50

Or even ballparked to “late afternoon”.

2 Likes

I’m actually most surprised they aren’t using Genie to push “wishes” to people to better disperse the crowds. For example. Here is a time bound $5 off coupon for a particular shop. Here is a free button to go pick up at guest services. Maybe here is a free ride pass. That’s the part of magic that’s missing from the program. Having random gift drops of varied value would seriously draw people in to buy for every day of their stay.

Also doesn’t the Genie only give you 3 wishes and you can’t ask for more?

9 Likes

When can the 2nd ILL be booked/purchased? the rules mention one at a time; Does that mean I can book my first ILL at 7AM (FEA) and 2nd ILL (RAT) at 7:01AM??

1 Like