The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

This is gold right here. Gold :1st_place_medal::moneybag::star2:🪙

6 Likes

By category.

Maybe that’s why, WDW always comes top, whilst this is in Attractions. So if lots of threads in the WDW category get new posts, it can slip right down. Perhaps previous pinned threads (like the FP drops, and the Re-opening ones) were all in WDW?

1 Like

Trying to figure out hopping or not - So helpful! Thanks

2 Likes

Ack! That’s right! Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Are you saying you have to use Genie+ at your APR park first before you can get an attraction for a park you hop to? Because I was planning on trying to grab SDD at 7am and then going to AK and getting a G+ lightening lane at 10am for AK and then start stacking the rest of HS for when we hop over later in the day.

1 Like

Your version was my impression. If you have park hoppers, you can book your first G+ at the park you’re hopping to. Doesn’t need to be at your APR park.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll probably stick with my Epcot APR.

This is the part I’m concerned about. Wondering how quickly it will move to LL in the afternoon. I’ll already be up at 7 for my ILL reservation. Was hoping to go back to sleep for a couple of hours rather than watch for afternoon return times to appear. Wish we could pick times like in the old days.

Who am I kidding? DD17 has already declared “we don’t sleep at Disney. We RIDE!”

4 Likes

No. Just that you have to get a LL reservation at the park that has the earlier hours if you want to take advantage of the headstart on the 2hour window. But you can only get a LL before 2pm if you have an APR there, which is essential if you want to book a 2nd LL ASAP.

This will vary by attraction by day, but for today, LL retrun times for TT hit 1:20pm at about 7:15am, but didn’t pass 2:00pm until after 9am:

2 Likes

Since we are starting at AK, the only one I will need a LL for is KS, which I should be able to get at 10am. We are rope dropping FOP and then doing EE. We don’t typically spend all day at AK. I’m more concerned about HS.

1 Like

This is cool. Now Thrill Data has this chart showing which rides ran out of LL availability and when. The gray bar is the time when there was no availability (you can see sometimes green availability returns briefly later sometimes - presumably when someone cancels or there is excess capacity).

I highlighted which rides are the ones that ran out since this chart is hard to read. Mostly what you’d expect, other than the Laugh Floor, which I assume was due to the LF closing and not due to popularity. :joy:

6 Likes

One of my best friends is at MK today (his first time). He texted me that Genie suggested he follow some guy named Jordan to Pinocchio Village Haus. Genie has sunken to new lows. @NoBellePrizeWinner

Before anyone panics over Genie, the above is untrue other than the part about my friend being a first timer at MK today.

9 Likes

I pinned it in the category.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Here’s a summary of this chart sorted by when return times ran out:

Rank Type Attraction Park Time
1 ILL Rise of the Resistance HS 9:05am
2 G+ Slinky Dog Dash HS 10:35am
3 G+ Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run HS 2:40pm
4 G+ Test Track EP 3:40pm
5 ILL Seven Dwarfs Mine Train MK 4:40pm
6 G+ Jungle Cruise MK 4:50pm
7 G+ Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor* MK 5:20pm
8 G+ Kilimanjaro Safaris AK 5:35pm
8 G+ Splash Mountain MK 5:35pm
10 G+ Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster HS 6:10pm
11 G+ Peter Pan’s Flight MK 6:15pm
12 G+ Haunted Mansion MK 6:45pm
  • Monsters, Inc. stopped distributing return times at 5:20pm despite return times still being only 5:50pm.
10 Likes

I was just wondering if I should change the category to plain Walt Disney World and remove Attractions? Or will that mess things up now?

1 Like

Let me try unpinning and re-pinning and see if that will work first?

1 Like

No, I can only pin it in the category, as a banner, or globally so can you try to move it? I will unpin it again for the move.

1 Like