To add to what @SteveBloom is saying Here has been my day so far:

7am got LL1- JC at 2:50
11am got LL2- PoC at 12:50
1pm got LL3- Buzz at 2:35
Tapped into Buzz at 2:34, got LL4- HM 6:15
Tapped into JC at 3:00, can’t make new LL
Now at 4:35 2hrs after tapping in to Buzz I got LL5- Small World for 6:55

7 Likes

Basically, I urge everyone to check those graphs in the week leading up to their trip. Recent and comparable days make all the difference. Better than any monthly average.

4 Likes

What I’d actually do:

• RD NRJ
  • 7am LL for KS
  • ILL FoP
  • Single Rider EE over and over
  • LLs for KRR, Dino, FotL
  • Standby to FFiF, Rafiki’s, etc.
7 Likes

I shouldn’t talk, NRJ was a once and done for me. So zero priority for me. :man_shrugging: :joy:

6 Likes

I got to thinking about this previous post. The early TP research was based on how much time G+ can save you in each park, with a recommendation whether to purchase or not based on crowd levels. Will be looking for updates after more data is gathered.

Also remember, Lines will have the capability for you to use the timer in the Lightning Lane so that will really help to get the time savings results more accurate.

4 Likes

That’s what happened to us, when I initially grabbed the KS LL, then when we got there, and it was still a walk-on (posted 10min), we cancelled it and got a NRJ LL instead.

2 Likes

Your EE comment reminded me how surprised I was how easy Everest was to get on even on a CL 10 day last week. We were offsite, so we couldn’t go at 7:30. We got our G+ for KS and went straight to Everest at 8:00 RD. Party of 4 and still had just a three minute wait. Went through a second time at a 10 minute wait and then walked over to KS. G+ does suck you in. We could have just waited for KS and NRJ, but boy is no lines nice. Even as an offsite family, we finished every ride and both the Lion King and the bird show (and even see Merry Menagerie) by 1:30 pm- other than FoP, which we had a reservation for around dinner. Enabled us to have a relaxing afternoon at the hotel before hitting FoP on the way to dinner.

2 Likes

Just realized that although we get the early hours benefits at Hilton Bonnet Creek we do not count for 7am Genie+ - right? I’m getting the sense from comments that the value on busy days will be gone by the time we get to the park (we go over xmas) as the popular stuff is selling out. Anyone see differently?

1 Like

You’ll definitely be at a disadvantage, but still might be worth it because the lines will be so long that even skipping the line for one or two rides will add up to a pretty good return on investment, and you just might be able to get some luck with refreshing.

Also, you would be eligible for 7am Genie+. Just not 7am ILL. That’s good, cause you don’t pay for an ILL unless and until you can get a return window.

1 Like

I don’t know how accurate this is, but we have always done KS in the morning because years ago, one of the animal handlers told us that some of the animals are more likely to be out and viewable in the morning. I can’t be sure that is true but it pushed me toward going with KS first over NRJ last week.

3 Likes

I think it’s accurate. I’ve heard that many times.

2 Likes

This visual is amazing! Thank you!

1 Like

On the other hand, it is possible to go too early. Our last time the giraffes weren’t out yet. We usually go around lunchtime and see all the animals. I won’t go early again.

5 Likes

We went early (FOP/Na’vi/Safari) and then again later in the afternoon during our October trip and saw a lot of animals both times. I really think it is just luck and up to the animals.

1 Like

I think we will buy G+ for a single day that we plan to rope drop DHS and hop to Epcot. I want to be as efficient as possible at DHS (I know, don’t we all) so that we can be leaving at 1:15 to hop to Epcot at the earliest possible time. We then plan to come back to DHS around 6.

I know I should try at 7am for the earliest SDD possible. But what do I do about MFSR? Looks like by 11am the next slot would be in the 7pm timeframe which would be fine for when we come back but that screws me for the rest of the morning at DHS, right? I wouldn’t be able to book anything else until 1? Do I try for TSMM before I try for MFSR and hope for a quick return time on that? We don’t care about RnRC or ToT for this trip. I was hoping to get Star Tours though. Thanks!

1 Like

You could either go for the MFSR at 11am and try to do everything else standby, or I would RD MFSR and get a LL for TSM. At Epcot, the only thing you’ll really need G+ for is TT, maybe Soarin’ and MS.

Another option would be to get SDD at 7am, then get TT at 11am (assuming 9am official opening at HS), and then start accumulating LLs for your evening at HS starting at 1pm.

3 Likes

Hmm, I think we were planning to rope drop MMRR. My DH is against the ILL concept but maybe I can convince him. I agree that I don’t really need anything at Epcot, especially since our goal in that short time is really just eating. But the TT option might not be a bad idea. And then at 1pm I should be able to get TSMM for 6ish.

We have Oga’s at 9:25pm. So working backwards, I think we were going to try and get in line for RotR at 8:30pm. It looks like we should be ok to do MFSR standby at 8pm if we are too late for a 7/8ish G+.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t realize you were going to do MMRR as well. In that case I’d get a LL for MFSR at 11am. If you’re not trying to do ToT and RnRC, I think you should be able to get everything else done pretty easily in the amount of time you’ve alloted, even without LL, so LL will just help you knock out a few more quickly.

ETA: You could also plan to hit either MMRR or MFSR in the evening using standby (or a lucky strike LL) and go with the 11am TT LL reservation. Evening lines tend to be more manageable.

1 Like

Emily, we are also off-site at a hotel that can do ETPE but can’t do 7am ILLs.

Something that just occurred to me yesterday, so I wanted to mention… They aren’t opening the parking booths until am hour before park open, which for you and I will actually be just 30 minutes before we will be allowed to enter the park. That is problematic ESPECIALLY at MK. I’m not sure how my family is going to handle that yet but wanted to let you know. :frowning:

1 Like