The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - FOR TRIPS THRU JULY 23, 2024

This is correct.

There are other changes I need to make to the lead post but all ticket holders with hopping privileges can get a LL for any park starting at 7am.

2 Likes

Youā€™re right.

5 Likes

Does anyone who has traveled recently with convention or military tix with hoppers know if this is also true for purchasing $LL? I can see how Disney would make additional allowances for APs without including the other types of non-date-based tickets, which make up such a small portion of guests that itā€™s hard to get on-the-ground info. WDW website page for $LL says some tix may need park reservations to use $LL. :confused:

3 Likes

AP here-but my mother in law came for a visit and I got her convention tickets. Had no problem getting a LL for FOP while we were going to MK. We even rapid stacked-

As a side note I tried to get her FL resident tickets but no luck. Guess Iā€™m going to put one of my utility bills in her name before her next visit.

5 Likes

I am an AP. I made my park reservation for Epcot. I was able to book Cosmic Rewind VQ and SDD at DHS LL for 8:40 am - at the same time. We only had DHS Genie+.

I then changed my AP reservation to DHS after booking VQ & LL. As that was the park we were going to first.

5 Likes

Just want to clarify for others who might stumble on this question that ILL can be purchased at 7am for any park but only for those staying on site. For offsite itā€™s park opening of the ILL park. Regular Genie+ selections are 7am for all ticket types and guests.

To your question, an IT issue could always crop up at any moment, so I canā€™t rule out that you might face an issue, but if it does happen, visit guests services with a sympathetic tone and some screenshots and they might hook you up.

4 Likes

Thank you, this is good info (and reassuring).

3 Likes

I had a friend who twice booked ILL for Rise last weekend, while having APR for Epcot. No issue.

Per Disney Website: Purchase individual Lightning Lane entry for up to 2 attractions per day, one at a time.

I hate paying for ILL, but we did it 3 times on our trip. Twice for Cosmic, once for 7DMT because we got too far behind the EE crowd due to a bathroom stop ā€¦and we didnā€™t want to waste an hour in line when we only had 4 hours at MK.

5 Likes

Thanks. On the ILL site it also says certain tickets may need park reservations, which ours do in general, so it is just reassuring to hear that WDW will gladly take our money for ILLs regardless of park reservation. :laughing: We are definitely going the ILL route because itā€™s easier to plan plus we can get more sleep.

3 Likes

Just did my first major refresh of this thread since mid 2023. :grimacing:

Let me know if you see anything that needs to be updated. :blush:

13 Likes

Thank you sir. I need to get up to speed on all this! Last time I had to use it was in 2022!

3 Likes

Been almost a year since Iā€™ve been and wanted to clarify Genie selections. If I a get a 7am Toy Story LL, use is at 9:45am, can I then get my second LL at 9:45am or have to wait until 2 hours post 9am opening (11am).

2 Likes

If you use your first LL, you can get another right away.

3 Likes

Thank you for updating @Jeff_AZ
It looks like Iā€™m going to be needing this Intel again soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yeah!

1 Like

after the ease of DLR Iā€™m kind of exhausted just remembering the effort needed hereā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yay! Hope you enjoy it! Of course, I will need to update again once Tianaā€™s opens June 28th ā€¦

3 Likes

I recently cancelled what would have been our first trip to DLR and booked another trip to WDW instead.

After we booked DLR, DS6 asked me to show him YouTube videos of the coasters at DLR and asked the height requirement for each. He then asked if we could switch to WDW and save DLR for when he is tall enough to do the ā€œintense ridesā€ at DLR since he isnā€™t 48" yet and DLR doesnā€™t have ā€œintense ridesā€ like Slinky Dog and GotG that he is tall enough for.

DW and I thought he made a well reasoned and compelling argument for a 6 year old so we agreed to switch.

10 Likes

@bebe80 @Jeff_AZ @DWJoe I am working on touring plans for our upcoming trip. Are the Thrill Data historical charts still the best source for timing the LL selections in my touring plans? For the past few trips, I have chosen historical dates with crowd levels close to those projected for my dates, and timed my selections based on the availability charts for those dates. It worked out pretty well. Of course, Epcot will be off because of TT being closed.

3 Likes

Yes, I would use Thrill Data. Just use the most recent dates that are similar to your date ā€” the further back you go, the less predictive. I think that is especially true with the DAS changes, so we really have less than a month of applicable data.

2 Likes