The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - FOR TRIPS THRU JULY 23, 2024

Thank you!

1 Like

I used to be able to pull up the daily LL heat map by park on Thrill Data. Now I can only see combined. Do you happen to know if they changed it? Maybe I am just doing something wrong…

1 Like

I think they still have it by park but it’s a tough site to navigate. I usually just google search exactly what I want to see, e.g.: “Thrill Data Magic Kingdom Lightning Lane Availability” or just “Thrill Data Magic Kingdom” and it will take me to the page I want.

1 Like

Perfect! That worked. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What @Jeff_AZ said. I’ll just add, also try to choose a similar day of week to the one you’re trying to predict if possible. E.g. if you’re trying to predict a Thursday, ideally find a historical Thursday to base it on, or at least, another weekday. I’d try to avoid using a weekend to predict a weekday bc they have different LL availability patterns.

2 Likes

Can’t remember… are LL return times available for EE?
ETA: I have never used the new format for my TP’s. How do you force a LL return time? I used to be able to manually input a LL return time.
ETA 2: Oh, I think I figured it out. You have to go through the DAS option?

3 Likes

I’m frustrated with trying to force the LL return times in my touring plans. It used to be so easy to just override. I am not sure how to make the new software do what I want now. Any tutorials?

2 Likes

No, LLs don’t start getting called until regular operating hours.

It’s complicated, but here are the steps:

1. Make sure “I plan to buy Genie+” is clicked.

1. Open Advanced Options

1. Click “Force Use of Inputted Lightning Lane Return Times” and click the “Configure Additional Return Times” button

1. In the drop down menu, select the attraction and start time of the return window you expect to be able to get. Then click “Save” and close the window, or click “Add Return Time” if you want to add another attraction, then repeat.

Once you do this and Optimize your plan, the TP will try to get you to the chosen attraction during the return window you selected, unless it thinks you will be better off not using the LL and spending that time elsewhere. If you want to force your plan to use that return window, you will need to manually move the steps and Evaluate instead of Optimize.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks so much Jeff. I always use “Evaluate”. I think what was throwing me off was that I was clicking the “AddLL/G+” purple button next to the attractions I wanted, and it was throwing some sort of extra step in at the bottom to obtain this before 7AM. That must be for DAS? It was confusing me. If I just follow your steps, and ignore that button, I think it will work.
On a separate note, we have always picked up SDD at the 1:17 drop. This year, family wants to take an afternoon break because we are staying for Fantasmic. So I don’t think the drop will work for me because the return times tend to be an hour or so after the drop. I am using Joel’s interface, (which shall remain nameless here). Have you been successful in getting a very early return time for SDD? The Thrill Data LL Availability Chart for the date I am using shows a first return time of 12:05PM @ 7AM. Just wondering how early a return I can get if I am quick enough.

2 Likes

If you use Joel’s interface at 7:00:00am, you should be able to get the first return window for SDD (ie, 9am for 8:30am EE day). I did on my trip.

4 Likes

Yay! Exactly the answer I was hoping for. Thanks!

3 Likes

If anyone has time to look over my HS Plan, I would appreciate it. Not urgent. It is for Sunday 6/30/24 and I used Thrill Data from Sunday 6/2/24. We booked the Fantasmic Dining Package, so we were stuck with an early dinnertime. Timing of forced LL for MFSR may be problematic. If we have to skip it, not a big problem. Otherwise, it looks doable to me. Here is the link:

Thanks!

2 Likes

You don’t need an LL for Beauty and the Beast. Book MMRR instead.

4 Likes

Too bad you couldn’t switch Mama Melrose to lunch. I hate eating dinner so early. The wait at MFSR in the morning isn’t that bad. I would try to get MMRR for a before break spot. And you could really add a couple B attractions in the morning and maybe even 1 in the evening. There is a lot of extra time in your plan. Do you have things you would do with that time?

3 Likes

Thanks both of you. Yeah, I’ll play with it a bit. We never stay for Fantasmic and usually finish up at HS in the early afternoon and go elsewhere for dinner. But we haven’t seen Fantasmic in a while, and some people here seem to think it is much improved. They also recommend the dining package for the preferred seating. I would prefer to stack and go later in the day, but in the summertime, there is always a risk of late afternoon/early evening thundershowers, so I hate to give up the mornings, which usually have clear weather.
Always the dilemma…hate the mid-afternoon break, which seems like a waste of time, but want to be in the parks in the early AM and be there for nighttime shows. Not enough energy in the summer to do the full marathon days anymore.

1 Like

I really enjoyed it. I will say the higher up you are the quicker you can get out in the crowds if that is of importance. When you enter if you want to be higher up wait to be seated.

Definitely! LLs are hard to churn and burn in the morning. Stacking for the evening works great. I would personally eat at Mamas then use some stacked LLs for GE and TSL then ToT- doing all the rest in the am portion if possible. RDing SD or MMRR.

3 Likes

I would love to hear from people in Epcot after TT closing for refurb. Are you able to get Remy, FEA and Soarin’? Relying on drops? Wondering if people may just not get G+ for that park so LL’s availability is the same? Or different? Inquiring minds want to know :grin:
What is rope drop like? Are people from front heading for Soarin’ now or FEA?

4 Likes

My Wife and I were just on an anniversary trip to WDW-we were in Epcot on June 17, so TT was closed. We started the day at Animal Kingdom, and hopped to Epcot after lunch. I grabbed a Genie+ for Frozen at the 11:47 drop and one for Remy at the 1:47 drop. We had a Dinner Reservation at Chefs de France at 5:00, and I grabbed one for Soarin’ while we were eating. Can’t help you with rope drop since we didn’t start the day there.

7 Likes

Thanks. Looks like it’s drops for the win.

3 Likes

We had no issue getting any LL we needed in EP last week, even with TT closed. The drop times definitely help with Frozen and Remi.

2 Likes