The Genie Thread! All DLR Info Here

Yes, and many will use Genie+. But “most” will not. Early reports from WDW are that 33% of guests are using Genie+, and there’s an argument that fewer guests at DLR would because there are so many APs.

So it will have an impact on standby lines, but not a huge one. And the popular rides will continue to be popular at rope drop. That’s my expectation, anyway. We’ll see what happens … tomorrow!

3 Likes

Ok, so for the folks going soon, how are you handling touring plans when it does not support Genie+ AND you plan to purchase it? Does anyone know if the Android app will be updated to show the ILL return times like IOS? We are going Dec 26-29th.

2 Likes

Morning! Just a reminder. The Disneyland app has an update this morning. I opened it up and its a bit different. Couldn’t see my park reservations at first. :rofl:

3 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

Looks like $20. And today is “only” a crowd Level of 3

2 Likes

3 Likes

So crazy that ROTR is $20 but RSR and WS are only $7. I would easily pay $21 to ride RSR 2x and WS 1x, but would not pay $20 to ride ROTR since I have ridden it so many times already. Score for DCA rides being cheaper, at least today.

4 Likes

Thanks! I just updated the lead post with these prices. I’m shocked they are charging $20 for RotR. (Ok, not that shocked, but still. :joy:)

3 Likes

I think its based on the standby waittimes expected more than the crowd level.

6 Likes

My curiousity is will a $20 price point curb the sales or will it still completely sell out. More than once I’ve heard, “Disney should charge more to limit park demand.”

IMHO - For now, the ride is still so popular and “new” to MANY people (it was only open a few months before COVID hit) that it’ll be a long time before Disney has any reason to lower the LL$. I’m not thrilled about it either, but I’d pay it b/c I’ve never done it and my time there is so limited. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

So far RotR sold out around 11:15am and RSR sold out at 12:35pm. Most rides have near immediate return times, except Haunted Mansion, which is distributing about an hour out. (Something weird is going on with some return times reported here because some are in the past.)

1 Like

Reports from the park are that Genie Plus is down (and has been for hours) and they are issuing refunds as well as paper passes at Guest Services. As usual, Disney has messed up yet another launch.

4 Likes

Well great! :joy:

2 Likes

Shocked face!

8 Likes

6 Likes

Hopefully they will get it straightened out. What makes me sad is hearing all the people on FB and other Disney sites who Knew this was a 99.999% chance of happening bad mouthing Disney like this is their first rodeo. We all know their IT sucks.

4 Likes

Actually, today might be the best day to have gotten Genie+ since they were basically letting people on rides without having an actual reservation, as long as they purchased Genie+. Not sure how long that lasted, but it would be nice.

3 Likes